Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat (34662 Views)

Paddy Adenuga: 'I Cannot Date A Lady That Wears Wig, I Have Standards' / Globacom Boss, Mike Adenuga Others In N30trn Scam / Paddy Adenuga Has A Message For Ladies Sliding Into His DM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by riddo2(m): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2017
DieBuhari:
This man wants to bring his typical Yoruba incompetence to etisalat.
God forbid
You must be mad. That's why they call you F L A T I N O . Certainly, you're on the verge of insanity-lacks positive manner while talking. Bunch of idiots.
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by OdaNobunaga(m): 8:47am On Jun 07, 2017
majekdom2:
don't be too sure, if first bank is in huge debt, fidelity can eye it. Who could have thought eco would take over oceanic bank or access take or over intercontinental. Business fail when the management put wrong systems in place because of their own interest other than the business. I used to be a user of etisalat, until I found out they were charging more on internet and calls rate. The telecoms industry is viable with a strong number of active subscribers.

If you are not careful you may not notice it, etisalat data rate is way too high abeg.
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by Loop1: 8:48am On Jun 07, 2017
miqos02:
wow,ncc won't allow that but what happened to etisalat Qatar financiers?

Qatar is currently in serious issues with the arabia.
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by Kobicove(m): 8:50am On Jun 07, 2017
Nonsense story undecided
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by miqos02(m): 8:52am On Jun 07, 2017
Loop1:

Qatar is currently in serious issues with the arabia.
i know but this matter precedes that
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by freddymanny49: 8:54am On Jun 07, 2017
Its like Ajax AFC trying to buy Manchester United.
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by riddo2(m): 8:54am On Jun 07, 2017
basty:

You must be Mad and you are Mad.

Must everything be politics. You from a cursed tribe in Nigeria. Never you idiot pull Yoruba into sending you away from Yorubaland. Go and face the ultimatum given to you in the North and stop dragging Yoruba to what does not concerns you. We are watching you guys. Why wouldn't you guys be hated?
Thank you Basty. You're blessed.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by farem: 9:02am On Jun 07, 2017
9japrof:
As much as I hate glo with passion for their poor internet services I think it is a welcome development for a Nigerian to acquire the company instead of these other investors from outside the country.

My reasons:

1. Foreign investors would result to capital flight since most of the ROI would always be sent abroad to build their economies.

2. The company going under would lead to a lot of job losses and possible dent to tax revenue from the govt

3.MTN buying etisalat would further solidify their presence and weaken competition since they are way ahead competitively.

These are my thoughts though, a mere hypothesis may not actually be the truth.

Open to criticisms
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by hedonistic: 9:10am On Jun 07, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Or shagging Toke Makinwa gives him sloppy business ideas

Is he still involved with that slut? I doubt that. Na olden days when she be runz girl for Unilag na im their paths cross bedmatically.
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by ITEmpowerment: 9:14am On Jun 07, 2017
If your business is not online in 2017, you would be swimming against the current.

With increasing need to tap from online opportunities, every businessman or woman is looking to have an online store where he or sell can sell their range of products and services.

According to PayPal, "Nigeria is the 3rd highest mobile shopper worldwide - only after China & India!"

That's massively huge because "Nigerian online shoppers have realized the world is their shopping mall and shop wherever and whenever using their mobile devices because they are generally sophisticated mobile users and this sophistication is aiding small businesses".

That is why your E-commerce Website development can’t afford to be handled by 'Web-Quacks’

What we will deploy for your E-commerce website:

• User-friendly interface
• Add, edit & delete products
• Create product categories & sub-categories
• Control item quantities & stock
• Hold sales & display featured items
• Cross sell by displaying related products
• Powerful catalogue search options
• Account Registration & Login
• Password protection of any page
• Search engine compatibility
• Inventory tracking and reporting
• Securely sell documents and software
• Accept credit cards
• Real-time shipping calculations
• View Order Status
• Multiple Shipping Options
• One year web hosting & domain name registration
• Unlimited email addresses
• SEO friendly web pages
• Free technical support for one month
• Free Online Marketing Campaign for 1 week
• Digital Media Marketing Consultancy
• DIY Image upload tutorials
• DIY blog training‎ FREE
• Banner designs created for your use for online Media Campaign

Plus much more

Get PREMIUM E-commerce Website for less than N100k Completed with Secured Online Payment Gateway Integration… We don’t just build a store, we build your business:

Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by dabiriy(m): 9:19am On Jun 07, 2017
Eye ko nose ni abeg we no want ooo focus on Glo first
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by hedonistic: 9:21am On Jun 07, 2017
MahatmaGhandi:
Nigerians have been handling nigeria since 1960 and you can see how we are faring. If a Nigerian takes over Etisalat that would be the end of it. An exceptional nigerian owned business can only last three generation before it becomes a shadow. I am yet to see an exceptional nigerian organization.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no big Nigerian business has lasted for three generations; not even for two generations. Everything fizzles out during the patriarch's lifetime, or soon after his demise.

The fake billionaires we have here are mostly opportunistic vultures who exploited loopholes in the system and struck it rich, without a sustainable, self-perpetuating business model and structure.

Is it a coincidence that the only Nigerian-owned GSM operator is the WORST among the lot? No coincidence.
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by Tman104(m): 9:24am On Jun 07, 2017
for where?
free2ryhme:
if he eyes it let him buy it
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by blank(f): 9:28am On Jun 07, 2017
If he buys it, I port immediately. After running from Glo, they can't catch me again.
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by hedonistic: 9:31am On Jun 07, 2017
farihafaheemah:

The network you tagged incompetence made it possible to make call per second, the almighty MTN said per second billing was not feasible but glo proved MTN wrong and started with per second billing. MTN had no option but change to per second. You appreciate your own, but ethnicity has made ur reasoning falculty redundant

Forget this sentimental bullshit abeg and face reality. Glo is an incompetent and pathetic network, full stop.

I hate this oft repeated nonsense about per second billing. It makes you lot sound like a broken record. It was simply a business decision (market entry strategy) to acquire market share. Anyone else would have done the same thing; there's nothing special there to be perpetually grateful for. And even if they didn't, per second billing would have eventually been introduced. It's called evolution!

For donkey years, Glo has done nothing to improve its data services and network quality, which is still the worst in the country. If this is not attributable to the incompetence of its owners/administrators and to the typical 'Nigerian factor', then what should be blamed?

2 Likes

Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by Kufre9ja(m): 10:18am On Jun 07, 2017
Even though Glo offer's cheaper data services...the network is the poorest amongst the other networks. I'll prefer a foreign network provider to take over Etisalat Nigeria if their parent company is unable to bail it.
Glo network provider should set it's house in order and make Nigerian proud of our own.
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by Kufre9ja(m): 10:21am On Jun 07, 2017
[My thought exactly.....
quote author=hedonistic post=57274205]

Forget this sentimental bullshit abeg and face reality. Glo is an incompetent and pathetic network, full stop.

I hate this oft repeated nonsense about per second billing. It makes you lot sound like a broken record. It was simply a business decision (market entry strategy) to acquire market share. Anyone else would have done the same thing; there's nothing special there to be perpetually grateful for. And even if they didn't, per second billing would have eventually been introduced. It's called evolution!

For donkey years, Glo has done nothing to improve its data services and network quality, which is still the worst in the country. If this is not attributable to the incompetence of its owners/administrators and to the typical 'Nigerian factor', then what should be blamed? [/quote]
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 07, 2017
9japrof:
As much as I hate glo with passion for their poor internet services I think it is a welcome development for a Nigerian to acquire the company instead of these other investors from outside the country.

My reasons:

1. Foreign investors would result to capital flight since most of the ROI would always be sent abroad to build their economies.

2. The company going under would lead to a lot of job losses and possible dent to tax revenue from the govt

3.MTN buying etisalat would further solidify their presence and weaken competition since they are way ahead competitively.

Open to criticisms
You're not far from the truth but indigenous companies can't management themselves well talkless of acquiring
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by shevon: 10:34am On Jun 07, 2017
You mean eyeing to buy Etisalat so that he can destroy the data network and bring it to par with the current Glo status?
That is wicked!
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by shevon: 10:35am On Jun 07, 2017
angels09:
cheesy it's like fidelity Bank eyeing First Bank....mere dreams. The money of swindled Glo Data subscribers will not allow his wicked thoughts come to fruition.
Abeg no go there, did Access not eye and eventually take Intercontinental (even a customer then likened it to a goat swallowing an elephant) cheesy
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 07, 2017
who told you he shags aunty toke
NwaAmaikpe:
He hasn't handled Glo efficiently na Etisalat e dey eye..

Seems he has so much money to waste..

Or shagging Toke Makinwa gives him sloppy business ideas

Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by ObaKlaz: 10:46am On Jun 07, 2017
DieBuhari:
Incompetence actually. You just comfirmed what I said with your own grammatical incompetence.
Chest-beating Ipobian gorrilla spotted! grin cheesy
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 07, 2017
be porting till u get into fire
blank:
If he buys it, I port immediately. After running from Glo, they can't catch me again.
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by bkool7(m): 12:20pm On Jun 07, 2017
miqos02:
this issue precedes the Qatar political issue.
That I know
But they need a bailout now!
And like I said, right now , Qatar's economy is in bad shape .
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by chikaflora: 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
Please don't come and go and spoil Etisalat for us. On a second thought he may want to buy it to punish Nigerians for always saying the truth about glo,the M.U.M.U network.
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by kolaaderin: 12:40pm On Jun 07, 2017
IYANGBALI:
Which kind yeye eye him dey eye Etisalat,of all the networks in Nigeria globacom is the worstest abeg make him carry that him yeye eye comot for Etisalat o, make dem no come kill am for us

Dont worry, all you shouting he should not buy will soon decamp from Etisalat to other networks when it finally kicked the bucket from its financial illness. by then u will have zero network of etisalat and it carcass will left in the book of history of once upon a time
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by IYANGBALI: 1:11pm On Jun 07, 2017
kolaaderin:

Dont worry, all you shouting he should not buy will soon decamp from Etisalat to other networks when it finally kicked the bucket from its financial illness. by then u will have zero network of etisalat and it carcass will left in the book of history of once upon a time
abeg make hear word jo, Globacom is a complete failure and national embarrassment. He should not even think of going near Etisalat
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by farihafaheemah(m): 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2017
hedonistic:

For donkey years, Glo has done nothing to improve its data services and network quality, which is still the worst in the country. If this is not attributable to the incompetence of its owners/administrators and to the typical 'Nigerian factor', then what should be blamed?
Young man, I'm putting sentiment on the issue, just telling you the fact. May be too young to know what difficulties Nigerians encountered during this period. I repeat if not for GLO network, per second billing you are enjoying today wouldn't have possible. MTN and Econet then made it clear that per second billing is not possible. Yes you may have Internet issue with GLO, that does not mean we should condemn our Own out rightly. Learn to appreciate your own, don't let hatred and ethnicity affect your common sense
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by mechanics(m): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
He should improve on is own network first before acquiring another one
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by IdeyFindWife: 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2017
Misery loves company, clap for yourselves!

See all the never-do-wells tribalists who've yet to rise beyond the poverty of their ancestral curses, wishing away a potentially cool merger with the same sadistic empty-brains that doomed their ancestors grin! We said it, pple won't listen, tribalism corrupts and destroys brain cells till independent rational thought is impossible!

Not a fan of GLO yet the handwriting's clear.
If they were to merge, the strengths and existing network infrastructure of Etisalat won't just disappear overnight, it will be part of the new mix to boost their new service dynamics.
GLO hasn't been the best but the critical issues are still here.
Has Nigeria itself being such a great environment to do business over the years? We're no strangers to Airtel/Zain/Celtel/Econet's sordid history. What about VMobile? On the CDMA side, where's O-Net, Reitel, Multilinks and co? How easy is it for companies to stay healthy for long, while trading in a sick business environment and being denied critical factors for business growth?
For GLO to have weathered all those storms, there must be something they're getting right and you can't just wish them away like that, after all, that's Nigeria, and possibly West Africa's largest indigenous Network.

Well, they say, it only takes seeing a successful man succeeding for failures to die of jealousy. Anyone that it is paining should go and bring the GSM-company that is father built to come and buy Etisalat or better still sell his assets and borrow Etisalat the money. And they can always "OFF" themselves if the pain is too much tongue.

9japrof:

My reasons:

Open to criticisms

Nice one bro!
The impact of such take-over would mean a lot for the nation; it would surely weaken our interests for MTN to scoop them up. Nigeria's already far too "South-Africanized" with all the Shoprites, MrPrice', Standard-Chartered etc. Those company's presence and continued competitive performance in their sectors make it a tough job for us to grow effective competition for them overnight in order to stem the capital flight effect they create on the long term.
GLO should persist and make the kill. If foreign groups can be coming in to acquire our indigenous companies, don't see why a strong nigerian contender shouldn't do the same. Even if not that strong, they should acquire it to strengthen their position the more in the industry. That's a basic law of mergers that any one with a primary school certificate should be able to know.
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by GagaBrother291(m): 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2017
ADENIKETINA2015:
Lai Lai ko le werk. Ogbono network buying Egusi network. Abeg I nor wan draw o. Glo network is strictly for the patient ones
#Glo=Endurance
I just had to quote this comment. you're right o. I'm using Glo and Etisalat but Glo is - patience. Etibaba is so fast. but wait o, how can Etisalat be in such debt with their very expensive data?
Re: Globacom Boss, Adenuga, Eyes Etisalat by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2017
GagaBrother291:
I just had to quote this comment. you're right o. I'm using Glo and Etisalat but Glo is - patience. Etibaba is so fast. but wait o, how can Etisalat be in such debt with their very expensive data?

My thoughts exactly. A network that rakes in such revenue shouldn't be having financial difficulty.Maybe other things are involved too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Huge Congestion Hit Banks As BVN Deadline Nears(see Photos) / Top 10 Famous Markets In Nigeria And What They Are Famous For / Naira-4-dollar Scheme Ends May 8, Banks Tell Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.