Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone (608 Views)

NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria / Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone by deezzle(m): 8:21am On Jun 07, 2017
HUMAN RIGHTS AND RELIGION

Over the centuries, we have extended human rights but this has sometimes been in the face of fierce opposition from religious groups. I have devised a simple test to see how religion affects people's attitudes to human rights.

Please answer the 10 questions below. Award yourself 1 point for each question you answer YES to, and no points if you answer NO. Then comment below and tell us your SCORE and your RELIGION or lack thereof.

1 Should we be free to change our religion or have no religion?

2 Should we be free to publicly criticise any religion or belief system?

3 Should adult gay couples be free to live together openly?

4 Should it be a crime to have non-consensual sex with women captured during a war?
5 Should everyone have equal rights in law regardless of their religion or lack of religion?

6 Should it be common assault, punishable by law, if a man strikes his wife?

7 Should men & women have equal legal rights in divorce?

8 Should men and women have equal legal rights in inheritance?

9 Should men and women be treated equally in a court of law?

10 Should men and women have equal access to primary and higher education?

I suspect religious background has more effect on attitudes to human rights than age, education, income or gender. Of course, to test this hypothesis I would need a large sample and to ask more demographic questions. So I can't test my hypothesis but I will predict that most atheists will score 10; Christians will have a slightly lower average score than atheists and Muslims will lag some way behind Christians.

To see if I'm right, take the test!

To get you started, I'm an atheist and I scored 10.

Bill Flavell

1 Like

Re: Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone by hopefulLandlord: 8:38am On Jun 07, 2017
deezzle:

YES!!!!

YES!!!!

UNDECIDED

4 Should it be a crime to have non-consensual sex with women captured during a war?
YES!!!! BUT I wonder why the focus on women, what about men captured in wars?

5 Should everyone have equal rights in law regardless of their religion or lack of religion?
YES!!!!!

YES!!! AND ALSO WHEN REVERSE IS THE CASE I.E A WOMAN HITS A MAN!!!!

YES!!!!!

YES!!!!!

YES!!!!!!

YES!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone by deezzle(m): 8:46am On Jun 07, 2017
You got 9. Please state your religion and your score.

Thanks
Re: Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone by hopefulLandlord: 8:50am On Jun 07, 2017
deezzle:
You got 9. Please state your religion and your score.

Thanks

atheist, non religious, Humanist, Pastafarian
Re: Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone by kevoh(m): 8:51am On Jun 07, 2017
10 points for me...
Re: Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone by dalaman: 8:59am On Jun 07, 2017
Yes to all for me. Am an athiest.
Re: Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone by deezzle(m): 9:02am On Jun 07, 2017
kevoh:
10 points for me...

Your religion or otherwise please
Re: Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone by kevoh(m): 9:19am On Jun 07, 2017
deezzle:

Your religion or otherwise please
Atheist...
Re: Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone by zionmade1: 9:52am On Jun 07, 2017
I stand for people to be able to make all the choices they wish to make without religious compulsion of any kind.
That is what my bible teaches.
Re: Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone by CatfishBilly: 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
Yes to all.
Atheist.
Re: Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone by Nobody: 3:00am On Jun 08, 2017
[quote author=deezzle post=57272309]HUMAN RIGHTS AND RELIGION

Over the centuries, we have extended human rights but this has sometimes been in the face of fierce opposition from religious groups. I have devised a simple test to see how religion affects people's attitudes to human rights.

Please answer the 10 questions below. Award yourself 1 point for each question you answer YES to, and no points if you answer NO. Then comment below and tell us your SCORE and your RELIGION or lack thereof.

I suspect religious background has more effect on attitudes to human rights than age, education, income or gender. Of course, to test this hypothesis I would need a large sample and to ask more demographic questions. So I can't test my hypothesis but I will predict that most atheists will score 10; Christians will have a slightly lower average score than atheists and Muslims will lag some way behind Christians.

To see if I'm right, take the test!

To get you started, I'm an atheist and I scored 10.

Bill Flavell yes to akk
Re: Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone by Nobody: 3:01am On Jun 08, 2017
Yes to all
Re: Human Rights QUIZ TIME For Christians, Muslims, Atheists....everyone by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 08, 2017

YES.. Freedom of choice.

NO... The world doesnt revolve around your own religion/belief so you have no moral justification to criticise someone else's religion/belief. You were not born with a religion,you were born into one

YES.. Same way straight couples are allowed to live together openly. Equality.

YES.. Also for men captured in war as well
YES. We are humans first,religion is secondary

YES.. Also when a woman strikes her husband

YES

YES

YES

YES.

9/10
Traditionalist / Free-thinker

(1) (Reply)

House On The Rock Church In Abuja Goes Up In Flame / Countering-muslim-claims-episode-5: Did-muhammad-perform-miracles / Is Religion Sufficient For Salvation Of Souls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.