Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,146 members, 7,842,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum (33744 Views)

Most Expensive Chewing Gum In The World Costs N36k / Who Can Remember This Chewing Gum ? / 5 Fascinating Reasons You Should Drink Cucumber Water Everyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by Countrygirl(f): 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2017
1 and 4 are the reasons I don't chew bubble gum
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by IYANGBALI: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2017
olassy239:
am the only woman who don't chew gum
fine you no fine, beta English you no sabi write
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by free2ryhme: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
useless post
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by missingrib(f): 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2017
Does chewing gum help indigestion? And what natural way can one prevent it..indigestion?
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by cris07(m): 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2017
olassy239:
ola check ur email.
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by ojun50(m): 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hungry ladies eat it most
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by cris07(m): 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2017
Pearly255:
I'm chewing gum right now undecided
hi pearl
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by Oyindidi(f): 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2017
john4reala:
that's how I was F**king her and her Punnani was sounding like its chewing gum .. like tse-tse-tse-tse...
No reasonable person go give u job

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by daveP(m): 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2017
Though not only ladies chew it, even if an angel comes from above and tells them to desist some inbuilt habits, na lie, dey nogo hear heaven.
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by Nickymezor(f): 2:20pm On Jun 07, 2017
You dont say... I chew it once in a while tho.... I'm nt so into it.
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by Nicepoker(m): 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2017
it's alters the shape of ur face
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2017
Only eat sugar free gums, they help a lot
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by Rajosh(m): 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2017
Tell that to sir Alex Ferguson
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by permit(m): 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2017
IYANGBALI:
.no mind am she us buhari cow do stomach infrastructure, na fayose sister. na dem dem...
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by donqx: 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
o
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by Bahddo(m): 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
Which kind nonsense post be this? undecided

You bring up ignorant theories from your butt and try to pass them off as fact.
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by Tolubory(m): 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2017
Opinionated:
Some of us cannot do without chewing gum daily. This is because the flavour or mint of the gum help masks or prevent mouth odour. While there are positive benefits of chewing gum, there are also downsides you should never ignore. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares some of these downsides.

It makes you hungry

Chewing gum can activate your hunger pangs. Thus increasing your cravings for food. So, if you do not want to get hungry, do not eat gum immediately after consuming mama put. This can also help put your weight in check.

Tooth damage

If the gum you chew contains sugar, you are exposing yourself to tooth decay. It makes no difference if it is a sugar-free gum, there are still risks to your teeth. This is because sugar-free gum has acidic flavours and preservatives that may lead to tooth damage.

Excess strain on your jaw

Chewing gum can cause jaw muscle imbalance especially if you chew on one side more than the other. To prevent this jaw strain or pain, you should chew on both sides.

Causes headaches

Young individuals who chew gum are more susceptible to headaches and severe migraines. This is due to the fact that you suffer from jaw strain and this can cause headaches.

Artificial sweeteners are linked to cancer

Like earlier said, it makes no difference whether your gum contains sugar or not. This is because sugar-free gum has artificial sweeteners which are usually used to replace sugar. The most common one is aspartame which is a harmful ingredient that has been linked to cancers, brain tumours, weight gain and birth defects.

It can result in farting

Chewing gum allows too much air into your body. This can result in bloating which is why you fart very often.

It doesn’t prevent bad breath

Bad breath is a symptom of digestive problems or excessive tooth decay. You should deal with the root cause of the problem rather than using chewing gum to hide it. You will realise that even if you stop chewing it, the halitosis still remains.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/7-reasons-stop-chewing-gum/

Nowadays
I don't know who to Believe Now...
Maybe the American and European Health Experts or
Nigerian Health Experts!!!!!
Am so Confused.
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by emilyone(f): 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
Are you saying chewing gum does not have any advantage even if its just one
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by Goalnaldo(m): 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2017
Pearly255:
I'm chewing gum right now undecided
it is the act of stubborness that make the fly follow the dead corpse to the grave
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by SteveTyla(m): 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
olassy239:
Mmm...really?
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by terrence12(m): 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2017
Where do u guys get this things?
Non-sugary gums are actually advised.. especially for people whose saliva glands r inactive or slow acting,,,
Chew good gums nd dt headache ish won't happen
For the farting part, do u even understand the physiology behind farting?
Biko stop confusing people.... mint flavoured gums are very very very ok..... m a medical student
As for cancer, my brother pretty much erything causes cancer nd we have nt been thought abt chewi gums bein one of dem!
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by colbankz(m): 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry Na lie
It helps prevent quick ejaculation.

Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2017
IYANGBALI:
lol,
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by Justeenaleo(f): 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2017
"Reasons why we should stop chewing gum" and you are also advising us to chew on both sides.
"excess strain on your jaw"
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by technicallyrich(m): 6:01pm On Jun 07, 2017
I am so bueatiful that I don't fart.i don't know y other ladies fart. Maybe they are not as bueatiful as me kiss
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
technicallyrich:
I am so bueatiful that I don't fart.i don't know y other ladies fart. Maybe they are not as bueatiful as me kiss
Picture or wedontbelivit.
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by sekem: 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2017
Bull shït

Tell that to Sir Alex Ferguson!!!
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by Oladipo1166(m): 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2017
dentist in d building
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by SimonRose(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
Opinionated:
Some of us cannot do without chewing gum daily. This is because the flavour or mint of the gum help masks or prevent mouth odour. While there are positive benefits of chewing gum, there are also downsides you should never ignore. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares some of these downsides.

It makes you hungry

Chewing gum can activate your hunger pangs. Thus increasing your cravings for food. So, if you do not want to get hungry, do not eat gum immediately after consuming mama put. This can also help put your weight in check.

Tooth damage

If the gum you chew contains sugar, you are exposing yourself to tooth decay. It makes no difference if it is a sugar-free gum, there are still risks to your teeth. This is because sugar-free gum has acidic flavours and preservatives that may lead to tooth damage.

Excess strain on your jaw

Chewing gum can cause jaw muscle imbalance especially if you chew on one side more than the other. To prevent this jaw strain or pain, you should chew on both sides.

Causes headaches

Young individuals who chew gum are more susceptible to headaches and severe migraines. This is due to the fact that you suffer from jaw strain and this can cause headaches.

Artificial sweeteners are linked to cancer

Like earlier said, it makes no difference whether your gum contains sugar or not. This is because sugar-free gum has artificial sweeteners which are usually used to replace sugar. The most common one is aspartame which is a harmful ingredient that has been linked to cancers, brain tumours, weight gain and birth defects.

It can result in farting

Chewing gum allows too much air into your body. This can result in bloating which is why you fart very often.

It doesn’t prevent bad breath

Bad breath is a symptom of digestive problems or excessive tooth decay. You should deal with the root cause of the problem rather than using chewing gum to hide it. You will realise that even if you stop chewing it, the halitosis still remains.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/7-reasons-stop-chewing-gum/

Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by Buffalo2(m): 8:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
Everything now na cancer
Re: 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum by LoveJesus87(m): 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
olassy239:
pishure or adonbilivit grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

White Garri And Yellow Garri Which Is Better. / Unboxing Of A 3million Naira Alcoholic Drink (pics/video) / How I Made Agege French Toast After Thinking Of What To Eat For Hours on end

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.