Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

What To Do With One Plot Of Land? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What To Do With One Plot Of Land? (3160 Views)

What Is The Most Profitable Crop To Farm On One Plot Of Land? In Rural Abuja? / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do With One Plot Of Land? by 69MissedCalls(m): 6:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
Good day people

I have one plot of land at ikorodu that i am not using. I would like to use it for agric business.

I know serious farming is done on hectares of land but what can a brother do with one plot and make a reasonable income
I've thought of tomato biz tho.

Experts in the house, your advice is needed
Re: What To Do With One Plot Of Land? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2017
serve it to d gods
Re: What To Do With One Plot Of Land? by Neduzze5(m): 7:08am On Jun 08, 2017
69MissedCalls:
Good day people

I have one plot of land at ikorodu that i am not using. I would like to use it for agric business.

I know serious farming is done on hectares of land but what can a brother do with one plot and make a reasonable income

If you have a job or other businesses running by the side, do plantain or banana.

If not, mix pepper and cucumber. Tomato may give you more stress than you can handle especially as a newbie.
Re: What To Do With One Plot Of Land? by 69MissedCalls(m): 9:42am On Jun 08, 2017
Thank you sir. Do you farm in Lagos?
Re: What To Do With One Plot Of Land? by elysian777: 10:00am On Jun 08, 2017
If you access to constant water there, plant Ugwu,what you will have on one plot of land will give you good money on weekly basis.
Also you can plant ewedu, doesn't require much at all,it just needs regular water and also it grows fast,within ten days you start harvesting
Re: What To Do With One Plot Of Land? by Neduzze5(m): 10:20am On Jun 08, 2017
69MissedCalls:
Thank you sir. Do you farm in Lagos?

Nah, I'm in PH.
Re: What To Do With One Plot Of Land? by 69MissedCalls(m): 2:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
elysian777:
If you access to constant water there, plant Ugwu,what you will have on one plot of land will give you good money on weekly basis.
Also you can plant ewedu, doesn't require much at all,it just needs regular water and also it grows fast,within ten days you start harvesting

10 days? Were do I get the seed? Another thing is marketing
Re: What To Do With One Plot Of Land? by flekside(m): 11:45am On Aug 11, 2018
69MissedCalls:
Good day people

Good day bro would love to know how far you got on this.
Re: What To Do With One Plot Of Land? by james550(m): 12:57am On Aug 22, 2019
To start a farm with one plot of land is ok,
the crops you can plant that wont stress you much are pepper and okro,
they grow well and hardly suffers diseases and pest onlike others,
also they sell well in nigerian markets so you can make money thanks
Re: What To Do With One Plot Of Land? by okoroemeka(m): 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2019
james550:
To start a farm with one plot of land is ok,
the crops you can plant that wont stress you much are pepper and okro,
they grow well and hardly suffers diseases and pest onlike others,
also they sell well in nigerian markets so you can make money thanks
this is not true,peppers suffer from bacterial leaf spot problems during the rainy season and also viral problems too like tobacco etch and potao virus,but okro suffers from mostly pests issue insects eating the leafs,okra leafs attracts insects front far and wide,the disease problem is why some veggies are not more abundant at a particular period,why? because most farmers chose to play safe and plant when the weather is favourable.theres a difference between planting 2-3 crops in your backyard and planting 1000-2000 crops on the field.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breedwell Quality Poultry Feed Available At An Affordable Rate / 6 Weeks Old Foreign Turkeys Are Sale In Ibadan / Bean Processing Equipment And Bean Products Taste Relations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.