Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,063 members, 7,956,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

4glte Users Anyone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4glte Users Anyone? (1223 Views)

Glo 4GLTE Is Now Available On Frequency Band 3 (1800) / Infinix S4 Does Not Have glo 4GLTE? / Tecno Camon CM (4glte)13mp Front And Back Camera 2gb Ram - Pros & Cons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4glte Users Anyone? by pyrex23(m): 9:57am On Jun 08, 2017
hello nairalanders i just got a 4g device which supports band 3,20 and 40 so which network is best as at now 4 me?
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by pyrex23(m): 10:01am On Jun 08, 2017
it supports etisalat,swift,spectranet,interc,smile and ntel buh i dont know which one to get.
Please also comment ur 4g network and ur average download speed
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by Dandsome: 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2017
pyrex23:
hello nairalanders i just got a 4g device which supports band 3,20 and 40 so which network is best as at now 4 me?

Go and use etisalat
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by dustmalik(m): 12:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
pyrex23:
What is the brand, model and variant of the device? For best advice, I need these info.
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by pyrex23(m): 3:48pm On Jun 08, 2017
dustmalik:

What is the brand, model and variant of the device? For best advice, I need these info.
fero L100
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by dustmalik(m): 6:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
pyrex23:

fero L100
Well, Etisalat, ntel and interC support band 3, While Smile, MTN/Visafone sims support band 20, and Swift and Spectranet support band 40.

Depending on your data needs. If your prefer and can afford unlimited data, then go for Spectranet, Smile, interC, ntel or Swift. I'd go for Spectranet, since it's more stable and consistent than any of the other '4G Only' networks.

But if you're not one that needs a lot of data, then get an MTN/Visafone branded SIM from an MTN store. The advantage of the Visafone branded SIM is that it supports both LTE band 20 and 7, unlike the normal MTN SIM which only support band 7.
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by duwdu: 8:34pm On Jun 08, 2017
dustmalik:

Well, Etisalat, ntel and interC support band 3, While Smile, MTN/Visafone sims support band 20, and Swift and Spectranet support band 40.

Depending on your data needs. If your prefer and can afford unlimited data, then go for Spectranet, Smile, interC, ntel or Swift. I'd go for Spectranet, since it's more stable and consistent than any of the other '4G Only' networks.

But if you're not one that needs a lot of data, then get an MTN/Visafone branded SIM from an MTN store. The advantage of the Visafone branded SIM is that it supports both LTE band 20 and 7, unlike the normal MTN SIM which only support band 7.

Well done as usual, @dustmalik.

P34c3
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by kogbaski99: 10:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
pyrex23:

It's etisalat for me
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by pyrex23(m): 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2017
dustmalik:

thanks man
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by Ativ: 9:46am On Jun 10, 2017
dustmalik:

Are there MTN/Visafone branded sims? Are they readily available?
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by dustmalik(m): 11:42am On Jun 10, 2017
Ativ:

Are there MTN/Visafone branded sims? Are they readily available?
Yes, there are. They come in two variants; Mobile line, with number range of 0702 or 0704, or Landline, with number range starting with the state dial code where the SIM is issued. For instance, a landline SIM issued in Abuja would start with the number 09, and one issued in Lagos would start with 01. I've both the mobile and landline sims, and the truth is they both act as mobile, because you can take them anywhere there is MTN coverage and they'll work fine.

By the way, voice and data tariff are fully unified, so there is no difference between mtn and Visafone anymore, except for LTE band 20 (800 Mhz) support on the Visafone side of the network. And that is because NCC refused MTN from using Visafone's 800Mhz spectrum after it acquired Visafone.
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by sammieomoba: 9:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
Hi dustmalik , pls help me to decide on this. Am using e5573-606 with glo, pls the wifi mode which one is the best to use 2.4ghz or 5ghz
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by sammieomoba: 9:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
Hi @dustmalik , pls help me to decide on this. Am using e5573-606 with glo, pls the wifi mode which one is the best to use 2.4ghz or 5ghz
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by dustmalik(m): 9:55pm On Jun 14, 2017
sammieomoba:
Hi @dustmalik , pls help me to decide on this. Am using e5573-606 with glo, pls the wifi mode which one is the best to use 2.4ghz or 5ghz
5ghz is better, but not all devices support it. So, if you switch to 5ghz, and you are unable to connect to the MiFi, then it means that your device doesn't support it. Just switch back to 2.4ghz in that case.
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by sammieomoba: 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
My device supports it
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by sammieomoba: 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
dustmalik:

5ghz is better, but not all devices support it. So, if you switch to 5ghz, and you are unable to connect to the MiFi, then it means that your device doesn't support it. Just switch back to 2.4ghz in that case.

@dustmalik my device supports it.. I just carry go abi
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by dustmalik(m): 10:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
sammieomoba:

Yeah
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by Dacronym(m): 11:39pm On Jun 14, 2017
I want to buy a spectranet modem primarily cos of d unlimited night plan. What I would like to know is, is it really unlimited at night and how is d speed like at night
I ask these questions cos I hear people complaining saying the data is capped, the speed is throttled, the data used at night is sometimes deducted from the main balance etc.

Pls anybody that has info should reply me Pls I don't want to waste 10k
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by duwdu: 9:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
sammieomoba:

Yes, as dustmalik already said. However, be aware that, whereas the 5 GHz band produces a stronger signal, it's transmission range is shorter, compared to that from the 2.4 GHz signal. So, your choice may in fact depend on your usage scenario.

P34c3
Re: 4glte Users Anyone? by sammieomoba: 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2017
duwdu:

Yes, as dustmalik already said. However, be aware that, whereas the 5 GHz band produces a stronger signal, it's transmission range is shorter, compared to that from the 2.4 GHz signal. So, your choice may in fact depend on your usage scenario.

P34c3
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Bypass FRP Nokia 8, 6, 5, 3 / Facebook Will Train 50,000 Nigerians In Digital Skills Next Year / 5 Tips For Reducing Hearing Loss From Earbuds And Earphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.