Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

A Response To 'NYSC Shouldn't Decamp Anyone During Camp Because Of Sex' - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Response To 'NYSC Shouldn't Decamp Anyone During Camp Because Of Sex' (1950 Views)

Plus-Size NYSC Corps Member Cries Like A Baby During Camp Drilling (Pics) / The Letter A Herbalist Wrote To NYSC To Redeploy A Corper In Camp (Photo) / 9 Lessons No One Taught Me Before Going To NYSC Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Response To 'NYSC Shouldn't Decamp Anyone During Camp Because Of Sex' by corpersforum(f): 10:33am On Jun 08, 2017
Last week, two NYSC corps members were caught having sex.

They were caught having sex in a gutter in the Plateau camp (hey, when you gotta go, you've gotta go). The two corps members were dismissed from camp.

The only issue I see here is that the female corps member is married. Her conduct goes against the vows she took in the presence of God. Apart from this, I do not see the crime here.

If you go through the NYSC website, sex isn't listed as one of the many offences that will get you kicked out of camp. Smoking and getting drunk can get you decamped among other things. Sex isn't outlawed out rightly.

The reality is this- if you are found having sex on campus premises you will get decamped. Why is this an unwritten rule? If you are kicking out fully grown adults for having sex at least it should be written in black and white.

The Nigerian attitude towards sex is very conservative and impractical. The NYSC orientation requires graduates to be in camp for 21 days as part of their service to the fatherland. In these 21 days, the fact that authorities think that adults won't have sex is both laughable and sad.

Our attitude towards sex is hypocritical. We choose to believe that everyone has sex after marriage but common knowledge and data suggest otherwise. Consenting adults shouldn't have to hide inside a gutter before they have sex. You have healthy, young people in a camp for three weeks, of course, they are meant to have sex.

There are so many camp stories of grown men and women hiding in bushes just to have sex. This is not Iran. People shouldn't be punished because they have sex.

In NYSC camps, there are sex education talks about HIV/AIDS and the corps members are given condoms but they are not allowed to have sex. What gives? This is very confusing.

You can come from the religious angle and say it is fornication or sexual immorality. Christianity is the religion of one man and one God. Let God judge the people committing sin. Jesus did not die for holier-than-thou Christians to judge others.

Sex is a normal human function. Adults shouldn't be punished for it. Religion and morality should not intertwine with the state. Young Nigerians are serving their country and should not be judged on an altar of conservatism and religious values.

Sex shouldn't get you kicked out of camp Was Publish by Ayomide O. Tayo on pulse.ng

My Response to the article

I went through the article and i smiled because it contains a lot of errors. or even claim its just an empty article. I would have said fallacies, but that would be too deep.

Let me quickly highlight some faults in the article:

he said "The only issue I see here is that the female corps member is married. Her conduct goes against the vows she took in the presence of God. Apart from this, I do not see the crime here."

If you can agree that having sex outside marriage is an offence to God, the last time i checked, fornication or sex before marriage is against God's will too.

Again he gave a reason "If you go through the NYSC website, sex isn't listed as one of the many offences that will get you kicked out of camp. Smoking and getting drunk can get you decamped among other things. Sex isn't outlawed out rightly."

This is funny. You should not steal, You should not fight, you should not rape, you should not insult officials, you should not jump camp fence, and other rules should be included on NYSC website because our brother want all laws to be written.

There some moral behaviors that a mature graduate who passed through Primary school, second school and an higher institution should use his head about. You don't say because its not on NYSC website, then its allowed.

See this "The Nigerian attitude towards sex is very conservative and impractical. The NYSC orientation requires graduates to be in camp for 21 days as part of their service to the fatherland. In these 21 days, the fact that authorities think that adults won't have sex is both laughable and sad."

NYSC service is all about sacrifices. Even some animals can stay more than 21 days without sex. Stop talking like its a food.

Mr writer dissapointed me when he said : "Our attitude towards sex is hypocritical. We choose to believe that everyone has sex after marriage but common knowledge and data suggest otherwise. Consenting adults shouldn't have to hide inside a gutter before they have sex. You have healthy, young people in a camp for three weeks, of course, they are meant to have sex.

There are so many camp stories of grown men and women hiding in bushes just to have sex. This is not Iran. People shouldn't be punished because they have sex."

Very funny. You meet someone within 3 weeks and sex is your next way to prove you are in love. Even if you have known or been dating the person before, if you don't have sex at orientation camp you are not going to go flat. You should read 10 Signs Your Village People Followed You To NYSC Camp (Photos)

he argued that: "In NYSC camps, there are sex education talks about HIV/AIDS and the corps members are given condoms but they are not allowed to have sex. What gives? This is very confusing."

Will die or leave Nigeria after camp? the condoms are not going to expire

Having sex during orientation camp is an act that should not be encouraged. Our ladies, you worth more than that.

Let me drop my pen by saying, National Youth Service Corps is not meant to children or an half baked graduate. (10 Signs That You Are A Half Baked Graduate). NYSC is meant to mature adults who are controlled by their rationality and not controlled by either condom or things under the skirt.

That article on Pulse.ng by Tayo should be burnt to ashes and the ashes should be used to cover Dog shit, because thats where it belongs. No beefing, this is just an intellectual masturbation.

Any argument or other points will be appreciated. This is an open article. Free free to say your mind.

[Source: http://www.corpersforum.com/nysc-news-updates/a-response-to-'nysc-shouldn't-decamp-anyone-during-camp-because-of-sex'/]

Cc
lalsticlala. Mynd44, Dominique, Seun, Crazyman

1 Like

Re: A Response To 'NYSC Shouldn't Decamp Anyone During Camp Because Of Sex' by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 08, 2017
Konji is real, some people no fit hold body.

1 Like

Re: A Response To 'NYSC Shouldn't Decamp Anyone During Camp Because Of Sex' by Theyveedo(m): 10:51am On Jun 08, 2017
T

1 Like

Re: A Response To 'NYSC Shouldn't Decamp Anyone During Camp Because Of Sex' by Darkseid(m): 11:03am On Jun 08, 2017
Nice one, thumbs up.
Re: A Response To 'NYSC Shouldn't Decamp Anyone During Camp Because Of Sex' by torres89: 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2017
Oga your response is nonsense, baseless and pointless
u are only looking for cheap attention
what's wrong with two adults having sex
are they killing each other
or fighting people
or ain't we in a democratic system
abeg think we'll before u type
Re: A Response To 'NYSC Shouldn't Decamp Anyone During Camp Because Of Sex' by zamanii: 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2017
A RESPONSE TO OP'S RESPONSE

Op, much as I respect your opinions, they are flawed and hold no water. Lemme prove it to you by responding to each of your responses:

Response 1: Since the author of the article opines that it is an offence for a married woman to have sex in camp, it is now the role of NYSC to play God by dishing out judgement on the persons involved? Let God be the judge himself

Response 2: You shot yourself on the foot by playing the morality card my dear. First off, the law does not punish you based on the moral convictions of the judge. The law punishes you because what you have committed is an offence under the law. How dare NYSC ask the corpers to leave camp based on their moral convictions that having sex in camp is wrong. It is common knowledge that soldiers have sex with female corpers to aid them get very good PPA's, why have the soldiers not been relieved of their duties? Secondly, nothing is a crime except the law states expressly that it is a crime. How can you set out rules and regulations on your website yet, you pull surprises by punishing corpers for what you did not provide to be a crime? If sex in camp is a crime, state it on your website. Simple!

Third response: I agree with the author that it is laughable for you to put two adults of opposite sex together for 21 days and not expect them to have sex. If you can Op, congrats. However, your body configurations are not the same as mine as mine is not the same as the next person.

Fourth response: Why should you have a problem with meeting someone and having sex in 3 weeks, last I checked, there is no rule book guiding when you should have sex after your first meeting. If I meet a lady today and we have sex tomorrow, as long as it was voluntary, carry on

Fifth response: If NYSC is aware that you won't die on camp if you don't have sex, why share condoms? It is hypocritical to say the least. Since the condoms won't expire after camp, let the corpers sort themselves after camp, after all, to each his own. No carry another person matter for head.

Finally, while I'm not for or against sex in camp, there's no biggie in letting corpers know that it is prohibited for the three weeks period. You don't pull surprises on them just to look good in the eyes of the media. Peace out

2 Likes

Re: A Response To 'NYSC Shouldn't Decamp Anyone During Camp Because Of Sex' by Dicado: 9:41am On Jul 29, 2021
torres89:
Oga your response is nonsense, baseless and pointless

u are only looking for cheap attention

what's wrong with two adults having sex

are they killing each other

or fighting people

or ain't we in a democratic system

abeg think we'll before u type
Nothing is wrong if your spouse is having sex with other people. But if mine is found guilty of such it's endgame.

(1) (Reply)

Notification To Prospective Corps Members 2015 / Niger State Batch A'2, Bounce Here ASAP / Rivers Corpers Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.