Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

We Can't Outgive God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Can't Outgive God (358 Views)

We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat / We Can't Pray Our Way Out Of Recession, We Must Plan & Work- Fashola / My Dad Told Me We Can't Be Bitten By A Snake In Our Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Can't Outgive God by judedwriter(m): 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
1Kings 3:3-13:
And Solomon loved the LORD, walking in the statutes of David his father: only he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places.
And the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there; for that was the great high place: a thousand burnt offerings did Solomon offer upon that altar.
In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.
And Solomon said, Thou hast shewed unto thy servant David my father great mercy, according as he walked before thee in truth, and in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for him this great kindness, that thou hast given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day.

And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.

And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.
Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?

And the speech pleased the LORD, that Solomon had asked this thing.
And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment;

Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.
And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days.

If there is one man whose giving broke records in the bible, it was Solomon. Solomon gave God a very generous offering of a thousand burnt offerings.
But as big as Solomon's gift was to God, what God gave him back in return was much more bigger than what he offered.

What did God offer Solomon in return?
1. He paid Solomon a friendly visit; when God visits, he often doesn't come empty handed.
2. He told Solomon to ask whatever he wanted! That's a blank cheque on God's heavenly account that is limitless.
3. God granted Solomon's request for wisdom, and gave him what he didn't ask for: He gave him wealth and riches that exceeds anyone on earth. Besides that, God made Solomon the wisest man in history apart from the Lord Jesus in flesh.

So we can see how generous God is. God is a powerful giver-when He gives, He gives passionately, cheerfully, and very generously. Thst is why God loves cheerful givers, because Himself is a cheerful giver.
Having this mindset will change the way we give offerings to God. You see God's hands are much bigger than ours; so what He gives us back in His hands is usually bigger than what we give Him with our hands.

We can never OUTGIVE God. Why? Because God is owner of heaven and earth. He owns all things...we are just caretakers. Anything you give God is nothing in comparison to what He can give back to you.

Having this mindset will change the way we give to others, to the church, to the gospel and ultimately to God. We will seek to be better givers.

2Corinthians 9:6
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
The measure we give to God, determines the measure He gives back to us. If we give God small, He too in return will give us small. Similarly, if we give God much, He too in return will give us much that by far exceeds our gift to Him.
The reason many are poor in the church is because they are limited in giving to God. People who keep seeing pastors as thieves can't give their best to God.

When we give to the church, we are giving to God.
When we give to the poor and less privileged, we are giving to God.
When we lift our hands, and sing praises and worship to God, we are also giving to God...God loves worship more than any other material gift we can offer Him. Shalom!
Re: We Can't Outgive God by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2017
A-men! Great post smiley
It was all about his heart....Solomon asked for something that would benefit all....and he was sincere.
He wasn't selfish....(that flaw that God's trying to remove out of all of us).
And he was blessed beyond what he asked.
God knows the intents/motives of the heart...even when folks give or don't give...

It reminds me of a gospel offeratory song....that goes like this:
Note: This is just one verse of the song. It's a litte longer.

"You can't beat God's giving,
No matter how hard you try.
And just as sure, as you are living,
And the Lord is in Heaven on High..
The more you give, the more He gives to you
But keep on giving, because it's really true.
You can't beat God's giving..no matter how hard you try".

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven Daily Devotional(tue. 13/06/2017) / Popular Nigerian Prophet Storms Capernaum / There Are No Contradictions In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.