Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Nigeria Were Lucky Not To Have Conceded More Than Two Goals - Baxter - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Were Lucky Not To Have Conceded More Than Two Goals - Baxter (418 Views)

Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim / AFCON 2019: Baxter Quits As South Africa Coach After Flop / 'i'm Disappointed! "- Baxter Laments At South Africa Draw Against Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Were Lucky Not To Have Conceded More Than Two Goals - Baxter by 360gistpilot(m): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
Stuart Baxter has stated that Nigeria were lucky to lose by just a two-goal margin to his South African side.

The Bafana Bafana defeated the Super Eagles 0-2 at Godswill Akpabio Stadium on Saturday.

Goals from Tokelo Rantie and Percy Tau helped South Africa secure their first victory in the 2019 AFCON Qualifiers.

Baxter was full of praise for his boys, and he feels his side could have scored more goals after Themba Zwane struck the woodwork twice on the afternoon.

"We set out to contain the Super Eagles in the first 20 minutes to prevent them from scoring so we played deeper, and after that we tried to open the field the way we wanted to," Baxter told media after the game.

''As it turned, we could have scored more goals. I don’t want to sound like a bad winner but I think we could have scored more with a little bit of more composure.

Beating Nigeria 2-0 on their home soil is massive for my players and the football association of the country. I am very pleased," he said.

Baxter also rated the Super Eagles as a great side despite losing their first game under coach Grenot Rohr.

"I think Nigeria have a very good team," he continued.

"All we did was stop them from playing and hurt them whenever we have the ball.

Nigeria are a very good side, I am just proud of the way my players played in terms of preventing them from scoring and creating chances to score," concluded Baxter.

South Africa are second in Group E with the victory with inferior goal difference to leaders, Libya.

They host Libya in their next encounter on March 27, 2018.

http://www.360gistpilot.com/2017/06/nigeria-were-lucky-not-to-have-conceded.html?m=1

Re: Nigeria Were Lucky Not To Have Conceded More Than Two Goals - Baxter by adeshinacute(m): 7:59am On Jun 11, 2017
Are you looking for where to get sure 2-3 odd daily check my signature he his good

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Two Kid Boxer Being Cheered By Adults In Ogun State / Todays Tips / Conte Frustrated Over Chelsea’s Slow Transfer Dealings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.