Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:56 AM

Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe (16911 Views)

6 Biggest Lies Ever Told In Video Gaming History / 10 Things Everyone Gets Wrong About Gamers / What's The Price Of A Used Ps3?naija Gamers,help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by Tapout(m): 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
MadCow1:

Play all ke. grin

I bought them at the time they came out. The Play station 1 was a gift from a friend. Like I said, I no sarbi sell things so they just still dey there. I haven't touched my Xbox in over 2 years since I completed call of duty.

have u considered owning a game house?
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by Sezua(m): 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
seunpinky:

guy Shey u Stl remember dose days in secondary skol Wen we displayed truancy all because of play station... chai. we toured almost all d game house in bolade oshodi and it's environs
Lmao. Secondary school was fun with u guys, i actually envisage everyone of us coming together just for fun sake in the nearest future.
You were a worthy sit partner jawe

1 Like

Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by whitebeard(m): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2017
lestat:

Very gay
really nigga..!!
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by armadeo(m): 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
Team candy crush.

Am I a gamer?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by armadeo(m): 6:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
seunpinky:

guy Shey u Stl remember dose days in secondary skol Wen we displayed truancy all because of play station... chai. we toured almost all d game house in bolade oshodi and it's environs

Me n.a. arcade and super nes we play truancy for.

Zoeys, mega games and raiders. Around ikeja Allen axis.

Men we allied in those places.

1 Like

Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by ezzylee(m): 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
Everyone is a gamer one way or the other. The likes of candy crush, subway surfers, 8 ball pool, temple run etc, are all considered as games and some of you spend a lotta time playing these things and you'll say you're not a gamer. Fine, you're not a hard core gamer but you still play games.

For me, started from

1. Nintendo NES
2. PLAYSTATION ONE
3. PLAYSTATION 2
4. PS3
5. I'VE ALSO PLAYED QUITE A LOTTA GAMES ON PC (STARTING FROM VIRTUAL COP, MAX PAYNE, ZUMAS REVENGE, ETC).

And all my gaming attributes were all gotten from my dad and his brothers (all of them are gamers..... Dad rarely plays games again but if you ask him to buy a game cd, he'll happily buy it for you)
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by SkinnyDude(m): 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
mrbyron:

That guys face says only one thing...WASTED!
the guy face no work. at all. he seems like a loser. socially awkard. i might be wrong sha.
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by Viktor1983(m): 7:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Gamers are all Young Boys
The traditional view of a gamer is a teenaged boy who comes home from school, throws down his backpack, and plops down in front of the television to play his Xbox One or PS4 for hours on end or a boy who comes back from school and branch Game Centers. Does that happen? Of course it does. Does it represent the entire industry? Not quite.
According to the Entertainment Software Association’s 2014 video game industry survey, 59% of Americans play video games. Of them, 71% are over 18 years old with the average age being 31 years old. And if you thought the demographics were dominated by men, you may want to reconsider: 48% of gamers are female.

I am 33, started Gaming with Atari Jaguar, moved to famicom, to Super Nintendo , to Nintendo 64, to PlayStation 2, to PS3...Going for Ps4 or Nintendo switch soon .

1 Like

Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by ladyZainab(f): 3:14am On Jun 23, 2017
felaliveson:
Op which level nah, we send u message? angry

Ibeg my fellow gamers Who has unchartered 3 for swap or sell jare

What would you like to swap it for?
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by ladyZainab(f): 3:16am On Jun 23, 2017
MadCow1:
Funny stuff.

I am a gaming enthusiast. Still the proud owner of the following consoles;

1. Nintendo 64

2. Play station 1

3. Play station 2.

4. Play station 3

5. Play station 4.

6. XBox 360

7. Play station Vita

And my younger Bro just traded in the Xbox One recently.

All the games still work and just quite recently my friends and I played Golden eye on 64 out of nostalgia. I still have these consoles because I have never had the ability to sell my things so they just sit there and gather dust once I switch. One of my favorite games remains Winning Eleven franchises on Play Station 2 and 3.. My friends still prefer to bet on those games because we are all masters at it and the game play is very direct without all these new combos on the newer games.

I have been employed for the last 5 years until I decided to go into business for myself recently which has affected my gaming time but I still have those odd weekends when my buddies come over with pizza and beer and spirit and we just wild away time gaming and placing bets amongst each other and just chilling. We call it low budget grooves.

Gaming is an expensive habit so most gamers especially in Nigeria must have some forms of income to be able to play and enjoy it. A 1 TB console costs upwards of 100 thousand Naira. A new game on the new consoles costs upwards of 15 thousand to 20 thousand Naira.

The advanced gamers can make money from the habit. There is a Nigerian kid in the UK Olajide Olatunji who is a millionaire gamer and now a game tester for many top gaming companies and also a YouTube game blogger..

There is a very big market in the gaming and cartoon industry especially in Africa as it is an untapped market.

Followed. Do you know where I could get a playstation 1 along with game CDs?
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 23, 2017
People mostly believe and duel on fallacious ideas and mentalities.If i game hard i am though of as just being too childish.
Gaming helps in many ways, but incase you meet another ignoramus who thinks we are stupid or jobless.Express that we don't give a Bleep.We are a family of esteemed gamers,we don't need to explain ourselves

1 Like

Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by JackBizzle: 8:04am On Jun 23, 2017
ladyZainab:

Followed. Do you know where I could get a playstation 1 alonh with game CDs?

PlayStation 1?

Do you want to time travel to 1996?

Gaddem grin

The last time I touched a ps1 was in 2004. And that was because a guy couldn't withstand the trashing I was giving on ps2
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by JackBizzle: 8:04am On Jun 23, 2017
TechEnthusiast:
People mostly believe and duel on fallacious ideas and mentalities.If i game hard i am though of as just being too childish.
Gaming helps in many ways, but incase you meet another ignoramus who thinks we are stupid or jobless.Express that we don't give a Bleep.We are a family of esteemed gamers,we don't need to explain ourselves

Yeah, the haters can hug transformers.
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 23, 2017
ezzylee:
Everyone is a gamer one way or the other. The likes of candy crush, subway surfers, 8 ball pool, temple run etc, are all considered as games and some of you spend a lotta time playing these things and you'll say you're not a gamer. Fine, you're not a hard core gamer but you still play games.

For me, started from

1. Nintendo NES
2. PLAYSTATION ONE
3. PLAYSTATION 2
4. PS3
5. I'VE ALSO PLAYED QUITE A LOTTA GAMES ON PC (STARTING FROM VIRTUAL COP, MAX PAYNE, ZUMAS REVENGE, ETC).

And all my gaming attributes were all gotten from my dad and his brothers (all of them are gamers..... Dad rarely plays games again but if you ask him to buy a game cd, he'll happily buy it for you)

Ah! Max Payne. There is no shooting game better that I have played better than Max Payne forget call of duty.
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2017
I have a steady job and I game hard on my PS3, when I get tired at night, I hit the bar for a few drinks then if I spot a nice hoe to tap(bonus) . My point is I socialize when I want,i also work out too. Gaming helps you think.

I started with Mario brick game then italia 90 on Sega mega drive, they are now defunct. In a few months time I will get my ps4. I am a ps enthusiast, from Playstation 1 to 3 presently. I hate the Xbox consoles.
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by JackBizzle: 9:09am On Jun 23, 2017
Sacluxpaint:
I have a steady job and I game hard on my PS3, when I get tired at night, I hit the bar for a few drinks then if I spot a nice hoe to tap(bonus) . My point is I socialize when I want,i also work out too. Gaming helps you think.

I started with Mario brick game then italia 90 on Sega mega drive, they are now defunct. In a few months time I will get my ps4. I am a ps enthusiast, from Playstation 1 to 3 presently. I hate the Xbox consoles.

Italia 90! Jesus memories.

Sega mega drive! I had sonic, streets of rage and golden axe on sega
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 23, 2017
JackBizzle:

Italia 90! Jesus memories.

Sega mega drive! I had sonic, streets of rage and golden axe on sega

U still get cartridge?
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by JackBizzle: 10:20am On Jun 23, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

U still get cartridge?

Nah...they are gone
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 23, 2017
undecided so many gamer wannabes dey here dat this topic reeks of "ppl forming familiarity"...

Y'all should just kuku go back to d crime section... make una no come here dey try feel among.
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by JackBizzle: 11:03am On Jun 23, 2017
Silkmoth33:
undecided so many gamer wannabes dey here dat this topic reeks of "ppl forming familiarity"...

Y'all should just kuku go back to d crime section... make una no come here dey try feel among.

Who died and made you chairman?

1 Like

Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 23, 2017
The same skeevers that jump to hail u especially when the topic makes fp. .. will still turn their backs and discriminate against u for being a gamer.

This one above me is still having a reminisce of his old atari grin in 2017
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by JackBizzle: 11:18am On Jun 23, 2017
Silkmoth33:
The same skeevers that jump to hail u especially when the topic makes fp. .. will still turn their backs and discriminate against u for being a gamer.

This one above me is still having a reminisce of his old atari grin in 2017

lol sega and atari are different......fake gamer cheesy
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by ezzylee(m): 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Ah! Max Payne. There is no shooting game better that I have played better than Max Payne forget call of duty.

Lol.... For my present day best shooter games, it has to be between battlefield and COD.
Re: Lies About "Gamers" That People Still Believe by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2017
ezzylee:

Lol.... For my present day best shooter games, it has to be between battlefield and COD.

Not a fan of first person shooter, it makes me dizzy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tips In Playing Pes / Playstation 2 Dualshock Controller On PC? / Online multiplayer gaming in Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.