Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Advice On Hypertension Wanted - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Advice On Hypertension Wanted (3768 Views)

Firm Advices Nigerians On Hypertension Prevention / Free Updated Information On Hypertension / How To Use Onions To Treat Urinary Tract Infections, Dry Cough, Hypertension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Hypertension Wanted by emonkey(m): 9:26am On Jan 22, 2010
I was two months ago diagnosed as hypertensive . Though I thought the diagnosis was hasty and did not take into account that I was at that period under much stress all around - work, relationship etc. I accepted to take the treatment  but for several weeks drugs prescribed were either ineffective or even worsened the condition for me apart from eing very expensive. I was changed to some cheaper drugs together with a sedative called lorazepam . The combination worked well for a couple of weeks until I was asked to cut down on lorazepam. Efffect of this is that I couldn't sleep much again and so up went my BP once more especially at night when I took a little lorazepam to relax myself. What I am beginning to believe is that it is the lorazepam that is working tocontrol my BF and not allthe others. Problem is that I seem to be getting addicted to the lorazepam to the effect that I may not be able to sleep at night without it. My doctors think I am a difficult patient already. Any advice ?
Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by ab1989: 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2010
Hypertension is the medical term used for high blood pressure. The best way to prevent and cure hypertension (high blood pressure) is to avoid smoking, drinking alcohol moderately, regular exercising, maintaining a healthy weight and to follow a healthy diet. These measures have been explained in detail below.
Watch your Diet, Follow a diet that is low in fats and high in fiber. Include a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits in your meals. Also, eat food that comprises whole grains. Reduce the amount of salt in the food eaten to a maximum or 6g per day. Too much consumption of salt leads to an increased risk of being afflicted by hypertension. Foods that are rich in saturated fats must be completely avoided, as these tend to raise the level of cholesterol in the blood.
Thank God for the hospitals and medical personnel but. we dont need to live on drugs as our body is designed to function on food nutrients. The drug is to give immediate attention to all emergency cases but is not the lasting solution to all the ailments. If we eat the right food our body can heal itself. It is unfortunate that the food we have around us are grown or produced with chemicals which render them harmful to the body or our organs.
There are some Dietary supplement products that are from USA with offices in Nigeria) that can help you to overcome your problem .These products have worked wonders in the life of people. They are not drugs but food/nutritional supplements which will nourish the body system to function efficiently without living on drugs.
1)Alog drink
2)Gal TABLETS
3)Artic TABLETS
4)Gink TABLETS
All these products are from America with NAFDAC approval and you can buy them in their company in Nigeria.
For more details contact me on modupeaderonke@yahoo.com or 08032451201
Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by Romeo4real(m): 10:27pm On Jan 27, 2010
1)Alog drink
2)Gal TABLETS
3)Artic TABLETS
4)Gink TABLETS
All these products are from America with NAFDAC approval and you can buy them in their company in Nigeria.
This is absolute nonsense!

Though I thought the diagnosis was hasty and did not take into account that I was at that period under much stress all around - work, relationship etc.
You can test your blood pressure again. If the rise was temporary (its gone down now), then ur not truly hypertensive, as it may have been due to the stress you were uder at that time.

Hypertension can be Essential/ Primary -No medical cause can be found to explain it, or Secondary - A result of underlying conditions such as kidney disease or tumours. You need to check this.
Also there is no valid reason to treat hypertension with a sedative. This is a common practice in Nigeria. Sedatives simply add to your problems via their side effects or additive nature.
The one ur using (Lorazepam) is used to treat Anxiety effectively, and quite addictive. It also also has serious side effects such as memory loss, suicidal tendencies and aggression.

Hypertension is best treated in stages to find out what drug best works. Usually its best treated by a combination of drugs, rather than just one. Start with a simple diuretic like Bendroflumethiazide (bendrofluazide) 10mg, and see how it goes. If it does not go down sufficiently, see your doctor again to evaluate. You will then need to take another drug in conjunction.

You did not post the figures (blood pressure) and i do not know if ur overweight, diabetic and have underlying health conquers - All major factors in hypertension.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by ab1989: 1:37pm On Jan 28, 2010
@Romeo4real, i dont real understand why you can count somebody contribution on the tread as absolute nonsense. Because you dont know about food/nutritional supplement does not mean that you should condemn it. All the drugs you are prescribing has side effects as you rightly confirmed. All these food supplements has no side effect at all and our body is not designed to live on drugs but on food to feed all our organs to perfom as its expected.
Please desist discouraging people from taking good care of themselves. Doctors like you (if at all you are one) know much about supplements and they recommend them for their patients.Try to know about things in future before you condemn.
Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by Romeo4real(m): 6:18pm On Jan 28, 2010
@Romeo4real, i dont real understand why you can count somebody contribution on the tread as absolute nonsense. Because you dont know about food/nutritional supplement does not mean that you should condemn it. All the drugs you are prescribing has side effects as you rightly confirmed. All these food supplements has no side effect at all and our body is not designed to live on drugs but on food to feed all our organs to perfom as its expected.
Please desist discouraging people from taking good care of themselves. Doctors like you (if at all you are one) know much about supplements and they recommend them for their patients.Try to know about things in future before you condemn.

@ab1989 - I am not a Doctor, but i am a Nutritionist. That means that i know a thing or two about supplements.
I did not count your contribution as nonsense; only part of it - which i quoted. There is nothing wrong with taking supplements, and i agree with most of our post, but your response did not address the OP's concerns with any incisive information. Instead you post a list of names of supplement brands, without explaining what they contain, their active ingredient, why they work, and details of any research or clinical trials that support your view. Without this, you ans is meaningless to the OP.
Also, all supplements have side effects, especially if taking with other drugs(contra-indications), or in wrong or excessive quantities.
And Yes, there are natural foods/supplements that can reduce mild HBP, but very high BP/Secondary HBP requires a clinician's expertise. Without knowing the cause, or severity, it is mildly irresponsible to claim that taking supplements will "overcome" the problem.

No offence was intended in this, or any other response to your posts.
Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by Romeo4real(m): 5:39pm On Feb 01, 2010
Error!
Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by ladejobiA(m): 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2010
you have both tried but you only failed to address the major cause of the ailment- the diet. The best way to cure this disease is using food supplements because the cause cant not be traced to the medical world instead it is from the nutritional world. thank God both of you are nutritionist but you still need to learn more. call 08034179147 for more information.
Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by Romeo4real(m): 9:53pm On Feb 22, 2010
you have both tried but you only failed to address the major cause of the ailment- the diet. The best way to cure this disease is using food supplements because the cause cant not be traced to the medical world instead it is from the nutritional world. thank God both of you are nutritionist but you still need to learn more. call 08034179147 for more information.

Why do we need to call? Please explain it here, just as we have. Never heard such ignorant tosh in my entire life!!

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by ladejobiA(m): 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2010
@romeo, , You make begin to imagine what kind of individual you are. The first person gave out an advice, the same you condemned it. Surprisingly, you said you are a nutritionist who never knows anything about nutritional supplements. I guess you also dont know that all those drugs you have prescribed have side effects. It is high time you accepted defeat. You are not a Mr knowall. To know whether or not you want to know more, I still await your response to this.
Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by Romeo4real(m): 11:48pm On Mar 06, 2010
@Ladejobi - My post gave clear concise advice to the OP. It also gave challenged ignorant advice given by charlatans hawking useless products.
You then claim the OP's diet is the main cause - which is obviously an assumption. Diet CAN certainly be a factor in Hypertension, but without  more information from the OP, it is wrong to assume its the cause.
To make matters worse, you go on to prescribe supplements as the cure. If his diet is the problem, then surely, changing his diet, along with a exercise plan surely will remedy the situation - not supplements? This obviously shows your ignorance on the issue, so again, i rightly challenged it.

NO supplement will reverse Hypertension, irrespective of the cause, and Yes, ALL drugs, and even supplements do can, and do have side effects, so no revelation there.

And incidentally, the drugs listed were actually not meant for this thread, but were posted here in error. If you knew anything about health conditions, you would know that those drugs listed are all Antibiotics, and cannot possibly be prescribed for Hypertension. That post has now been deleted.

Please know your stuff, before arguing with people who know theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by ladejobiA(m): 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2010
I still put it to you that you don't know what you are doing. If you claim to be a nutritionist, I wonder how you don't tend to know what kind of food one can take in place of your antibiotics. Tell me what is the major cause of hypertension? I am still telling you that it has a lot to do with the diet. Once there is a blockage in the blood passage (i.e your veins & arteries), this being caused by cholesterol and where do we get it if not from our food.I suggest you go back to class if you ever attended one @ all cos I doubt your abiity as a nutritionist. cry cry
Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by nestaAK(m): 7:14pm On Mar 12, 2010
There's a lot of disagreement on this post {nutritionist} I ain't here to argue, just to state my view for the benefit of the poster and others alike.
As already noted the main cause of hypertension/h.b.p is the result of the blockage of the arteries/veins the passage for blood by cholesterol, free radicals (smoking, junk food )e.t.c
the simple theory as we grow we eat food with little nutrient and high junk due to how they are cultivated, processed, preserved and prepared.As we breath we inhale little things such as dust smokes from cooking. cars. generators e.t.c .All this and many more block our arteries accumulating little by little until there is little or no space for the blood to pass through the heart which pumps blood seeing this doubles,triples,increases it effort forcing blood through that area the PRESSURE in which the heart does this results in high blood pressure leading to hypertension, stroke, and other C.V.D. and not stress or thinking as many think as they increase it damaging effect and not cause the original problem.
solution/correction
I know of three effective ways of reversing this
(1) Bypass surgery.
(2) Baloon surgery.
(3) simple method.
Bypass :- Is where a vein is used to transport blood away from the blocked area to its destination .
Baloon:- This way a substance is used to try and push out the blockage.
both are not done anywhere in Nigeria.
simple :- This is where i come in by taking a particular set of product slowly but surely the blockage in the arteries are cleared away thus preventing and curing h.b.p and it relatives this method through testimonies has proved effective. smiley
here's my contact if any one needs info 08080568763; ernest1bizobs@gmail.com thanks 4 reading informing yourself and gaining now u know better i am out. smiley
Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by pharmacist(m): 9:44pm On Mar 12, 2010
I think you need to give us more details about your result if you want to get real help.

1) what was your b.p when u were diagnosed?

2) what drugs were u placed on and what drugs were you changed to?

3) Apart from drugs, did you observe any life-style modification?

4) U said u were under serious stress when u were diagnosed? are the stress factors still there ?

5) is your salt in-take still high?

Treatment of bp is really individualised because each patient is different. I don't consider you a difficult patient but

there are issues that must be addressed which is not indicated in your thread.
Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by Romeo4real(m): 8:29pm On Apr 25, 2010
I still put it to you that you don't know what you are doing. If you claim to be a nutritionist, I wonder how you don't tend to know what kind of food one can take in place of your antibiotics. Tell me what is the major cause of hypertension? I am still telling you that it has a lot to do with the diet. Once there is a blockage in the blood passage (i.e your veins & arteries), this being caused by cholesterol and where do we get it if not from our food.I suggest you go back to class if you ever attended one @ all cos I doubt your ability as a nutritionist.

LOL! This is quite funny. If you read my post carefully, you will see that it does states that a persons diet is one of the causes of hypertension. What is also says though, which you have failed to grasp, is that you cannot conclusively determine the cause of the OP's hypertension without asking him for more info. You are guessing his high blood pressure is s the result of his diet - when there are other factors apart from diet that can cause hypertension (see secondary hypertension, adrenal imbalance, kidney problems, pregnancy, sleep apnea etc).

Atherosclerosis - thickness of the artery wall due build-up of fatty materials such as cholesterol can cause HBP, but it's not even a main cause. Sufferers of Atherosclerosis are at a bigger risk of a Myocardial Infraction (heart attack) due to a clot or rupture.
On the issue of antibiotics, the poster was looking to cure Typhoid. Whilst there are many natural antibacterial foods, none of them will cure an advanced typhoid infection.
On these forums, I always post factual, impartial advice. I have nothing to sell or hawk, unlike other people.
Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by webiz: 12:26am On Apr 29, 2010
Hello,

Hypertension is a deadly disease that kills very fast. Excess Sugar and the likes can cause this killer disease. However, aside from taken good rest and going for conventional drugs, there are series of proven products and equipments that can be used to get rid of it without any side effect.

You can contact Jeremiah on 07066050532 or email: greater_future2007@yahoo.com for these products and equipments.

Cheers.
Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by moneytreeteam: 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
Prevention is always better than cure. Most drugs have side effects.

High blood pressure management drugs weaken erectile functions. The population of those who have these challenges are more than people own up for.

Loetue still remains the Best preventive invention for High Blood Pressure. Every home needs it. especially conscious adult. Join the effort in reducing diabetes, and not wait till it affects someone close to us.

See other health benefits: http://moneytreeteam.com/benefits.html

Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by luka1981(m): 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
Those saying call me, contact me, op please dont call them. They are hawkers. Let them put the solution here so that many can learn.
Re: Advice On Hypertension Wanted by Eowriand389: 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley

(1) (Reply)

For the Complete Treatment Of Hepatitis / COVID-19 Update For September 18 2021 In Nigeria / The Sweet Cure For Infertility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.