Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem (3394 Views)

Gionee P5 Mini Battery / I Need Long Lasting Gionee P5 Mini Battery / My Gionee P5 Mini Battery Drains Alot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 10:38am On Jun 13, 2017
Good day Nairalanders!
I have a problem with my Gionee M5 Mini. The battery drains really fast. I have tried different apps to rectify the problem but no luck yet.
Could it be because it is rooted? Or the charger I use (Original Samsung Charger with 2.0A rating)?
Pls help me on how to make it last as it should. A phone of 4000mah should last at least 17 hours on heavy usage.
Thanks in anticipation!!!
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
It must be old one because i doubt the problem if it's new one
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
Iamtosignno:
It must be old one because i doubt the problem if it's new one
Old one as in? I don't get u. Though I bought it from someone, it is as clean as new. No scratches on it at all. The owner bought it this year. Pls elaborate your point.
Thanks!
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2017
grinface98:
Old one as in? I don't get u. Though I bought it from someone, it is as clean as new. No scratches on it at all. The owner bought it this year. Pls elaborate your point.
Thanks!
Oh guy no vex because am talking contrary words about your issue it might be the charger you are using try using Gionee Charger to save you from worries
Don't be annoyed for my first words
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by Sunkyphil(m): 6:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
grinface98:
Good day Nairalanders!
I have a problem with my Gionee M5 Mini. The battery drains really fast. I have tried different apps to rectify the problem but no luck yet.
Could it be because it is rooted? Or the charger I use (Original Samsung Charger with 2.0A rating)?
Pls help me on how to make it last as it should. A phone of 4000mah should last at least 17 hours on heavy usage.
Thanks in anticipation!!!
I THINK ITS PECULIAR TO ALL OF DEM D ONE I BOUGHT 3 WEEKS AGO HAS THE SAME ISSUES
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by Timileyin1234(m): 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
That is what u get when buying inferior phone
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by Sunkyphil(m): 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
Timileyin1234:
who told u its an inferior product
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by dabigjoe6(m): 7:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
Sunkyphil:
I THINK ITS PECULIAR TO ALL OF DEM D ONE I BOUGHT 3 WEEKS AGO HAS THE SAME ISSUES
Mine lasts me a day and a quarter, it's probably because you didn't use the recommended charger
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by dabigjoe6(m): 7:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
What's the voltage rating of the Samsung charger
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by Sunkyphil(m): 7:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
dabigjoe6:

Mine lasts me a day and a quarter, it's probably because you didn't use the recommended charger
i used the charger that came with it,although am a very heavy browser maybe thats it,i av alot of battery consuming apps,telegram,wechat,whatsapp,etc..
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 10:40pm On Jun 13, 2017
Sunkyphil:
who told u its an inferior product
U better leave that one
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
dabigjoe6:

But the one I'm using is also 2.0A just like the original one. Are you talking from experience or just a guess?
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 10:48pm On Jun 13, 2017
Timileyin1234:
See this one. Gionee M5 Mini is 'inferior'? Loooool
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2017
dabigjoe6:
What's the voltage rating of the Samsung charger
2.0A just like the follow come
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by Timileyin1234(m): 11:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
What is making all this people to lol. if I tell that since last year that I have been using Blacberry classic, It battery doesn't degrade. New battery that blackberry is using now is everlasting, u can get blackberry android
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by dabigjoe6(m): 6:35am On Jun 17, 2017
grinface98:
2.0A just like the follow come
Voltage not current, the 2A is just how much current the battery can suck all at once. But the voltage is like the force, if it's not the same with the recommended voltage it will eventually spoil your battery
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by dabigjoe6(m): 6:36am On Jun 17, 2017
grinface98:
But the one I'm using is also 2.0A just like the original one. Are you talking from experience or just a guess?
It's what am using to comment right now.
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by dabigjoe6(m): 6:38am On Jun 17, 2017
Sunkyphil:
i used the charger that came with it,although am a very heavy browser maybe thats it,i av alot of battery consuming apps,telegram,wechat,whatsapp,etc..
You can check your battery stats to see what is exactly draining your battery, and are u using mashmallow or lillipop on it
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by ThatIgboBoy: 9:13am On Jun 17, 2017
Tomorrow will make it a year of using my M5 mini and the battery still lasts long. Almost two days
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by Sunkyphil(m): 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2017
dabigjoe6:

You can check your battery stats to see what is exactly draining your battery, and are u using mashmallow or lillipop on it
mashallow
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
dabigjoe6:

Voltage not current, the 2A is just how much current the battery can suck all at once. But the voltage is like the force, if it's not the same with the recommended voltage it will eventually spoil your battery
See the ratings below. I'm using it with original Kodak USB cable

Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2017
dabigjoe6:

The voltage is 5.3V. Is that okay?
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
dabigjoe6:

I'm on lollipop

Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 3:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
dabigjoe6:

It's what am using to comment right now.
On heavy usage? shocked
Abeg show me the way brother. U can screenshot ur battery usage too. Thanks!
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
Timileyin1234:
What is making all this people to lol. if I tell that since last year that I have been using Blacberry classic, It battery doesn't degrade. New battery that blackberry is using now is everlasting, u can get blackberry android
No be everybody fit afford blackberry android. Make i dey manage my Gionee jejely. Thanks anyway
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
ThatIgboBoy:
Tomorrow will make it a year of using my M5 mini and the battery still lasts long. Almost two days
Pls post ur battery usage stats. undecided
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by dabigjoe6(m): 10:57am On Jun 18, 2017
grinface98:
The voltage is 5.3V. Is that okay?
It's meant to be 5.0 volts
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by dabigjoe6(m): 11:08am On Jun 18, 2017
Battery stats

Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 11:47am On Jun 18, 2017
dabigjoe6:

It's meant to be 5.0 volts
Meaning?
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 11:49am On Jun 18, 2017
dabigjoe6:
Battery stats
Are you on marshmallow sir?
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by dabigjoe6(m): 2:36am On Jun 19, 2017
grinface98:
Are you on marshmallow sir?
Yes
Re: Gionee M5 Mini Battery Problem by grinface98(m): 7:04am On Jun 19, 2017
dabigjoe6:

Yes
Could you please upload some screenshots? The equivalent of the below image on your phone? I don't know what name to call it that is the reason I uploaded it. U may screenshot your battery stats too. Thanks in anticipation sir!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Fix Android Camera Problem-camera Error Solution / How Useless Is Useless? - Infinix Hot S / Starlink Vs Mtn 5g - Which Should You Get? 7 Things You Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.