Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

2017 Hoda Civic Type R: Fastest Production FWD Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2017 Hoda Civic Type R: Fastest Production FWD Car (1457 Views)

Bentley Reveals 207-mph 2020 Flying Spur,The World's Fastest Production Sedan / Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 S Now Fastest Production SUV At Nurburgring Race Track / Upcoming Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Is Now The Fastest Production Car At The Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017 Hoda Civic Type R: Fastest Production FWD Car by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 14, 2017
The 2017 Honda Civic Type R is a beauty and a beats combo. Honda have been releasing the Type R in Asia and Australia but they have never released it in North America and that's the reason they are not popular in Nigeria. But this year they are bringing the Civic type R to USA, this means very soon we will be seeing this beauty in Nigeria.

306Hp @6,500rpm (Massive for a FWD and honda managed to eliminate torque steer)
296 lb-ft
2,0L tyrbo I4 matted to 6 speed manual transmission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc_-DIxdn0A

Re: 2017 Hoda Civic Type R: Fastest Production FWD Car by nurey(m): 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
I hope it will keep up with the challengers

VW Golf R and
Ford Focus RS
Re: 2017 Hoda Civic Type R: Fastest Production FWD Car by godwinjay(m): 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
Do Nigerians generally hate performance hatchbacks? I have never seen a Golf R, Honda Civic or Integra Type R, Ford Focus ST or RS, or the other amazing small performance cars out there....all I see is Range Rovers and G wagons everywhere. BMW M cars are rare sef, and yet AMG is everywhere, what is the problem?
Re: 2017 Hoda Civic Type R: Fastest Production FWD Car by Nobody: 1:49am On Jul 21, 2017
godwinjay:
Do Nigerians generally hate performance hatchbacks? I have never seen a Golf R, Honda Civic or Integra Type R, Ford Focus ST or RS, or the other amazing small performance cars out there....all I see is Range Rovers and G wagons everywhere. BMW M cars are rare sef, and yet AMG is everywhere, what is the problem?

Yea true, I hardly see performance hatch backs in Nigeria. I have seen a few golf R and I have only seen the last generation civic type R only once. One of the reasons Civic type R is not common here is because it has never been sold in the US until now.

Another major reason is the targeted markets vs price. These hatchbacks are targeted at the youths/middle aged and in Nigeria most people at these age can only afford 1 car. A golf R is sold for around $36k while civic type R starts at $34k. Most young people would rather buy a Camry that starts at $23k or Corolla that starts at $19k. The ones that can actually afford the hatchbacks would rather buy a g wagon or range Rover than driving in a hatch back.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Hoda Civic Type R: Fastest Production FWD Car by Nobody: 3:06am On Jul 21, 2017
greenhulk:
The 2017 Honda Civic Type R is a beauty and a beats combo. Honda have been releasing the Type R in Asia and Australia but they have never released it in North America and that's the reason they are not popular in Nigeria. But this year they are bringing the Civic type R to USA, this means very soon we will be seeing this beauty in Nigeria.

306Hp @6,500rpm (Massive for a FWD and honda managed to eliminate torque steer)
296 lb-ft
2,0L tyrbo I4 matted to 6 speed manual transmission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc_-DIxdn0A

Impossible.

I'll do a test drive when I have time and report back.

Even my AWD Evo IX has torque steer. Massive ones. I mean wrench the steering wheel out of your unprepared hands. The ones where you have to give the Wife driving instructions when she wants to use it for the day.
Re: 2017 Hoda Civic Type R: Fastest Production FWD Car by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 21, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Impossible.

I'll do a test drive when I have time and report back.

Even my AWD Evo IX has torque steer. Massive ones. I mean wrench the steering wheel out of your unprepared hands. The ones where you have to give the Wife driving instructions when she wants to use it for the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTURtQvSvHI

Fast forward to 11 minutes. I was surprised myself that a fwd car can do that.

(1) (Reply)

Between Acura MDX 2001-2006 Models And Lexus RX 300, Which Would You Go For? / Jaguar Issue / Toyota Recalling 1.8 Million Vehicles Because Fuel Pumps Can Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.