Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,713 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

Help On Kenya Travel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help On Kenya Travel (897 Views)

Kenya Travel / Please I Need Advice On KENYA / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Kenya Travel by fathermoo: 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
[/color][color=#000099] Good people of Nairaland. I need your sincere advice. I will be traveling to the middle East next week with about 20hours stopover in Nairobi Kenya. My questions are:
1. Is it advisable to stay at the airport during the layover
2. If I have to get hotel within town , apart from getting transit visa, is there any other requirement I need to have such as yellow fever certificate?

Thank you
Re: Help On Kenya Travel by Solatium(m): 1:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
fathermoo:
[/color][color=#000099] Good people of Nairaland. I need your sincere advice. I will be traveling to the middle East next week with about 20hours stopover in Nairobi Kenya. My questions are:
2. If I have to get hotel within town , apart from getting transit visa, is there any other requirement I need to have such as yellow fever certificate?

Thank you

As at the last time I passed through it was only a transit visa that was required to go to town,nothing else,but how come you book a flight with 20hrs stopover? I know Kenya has two frequencies to lagos,your agent should have helped you and checked the one with less than 4hrs STOP,he or she obviously opted for the cheapest ticket to maximize his/profit....Callousness at it's peak
Re: Help On Kenya Travel by seangy4konji: 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2017
you do not need any help getting a venya visa...do not mind people telling you they will hep you.
Re: Help On Kenya Travel by BedLam: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2017
fathermoo:

Thank you
I see you sent me an email.
Never mind, you don't need a hotel outside of the airport as you can make use of the Turkish airlines loung that opens 24/7. Price is about 50 dollars or so and it's like a mini hotel except the sleeping conditions ( you have to sleep on chairs.) 50 dollars cover the buffet , shower and internet.
Re: Help On Kenya Travel by fathermoo: 11:22am On Jun 15, 2017
BedLam:
I see you sent me an email.
Never mind, you don't need a hotel outside of the airport as you can make use of the Turkish airlines loung that opens 24/7. Price is about 50 dollars or so and it's like a mini hotel except the sleeping conditions ( you have to sleep on chairs.) 50 dollars cover the buffet , shower and internet.

Thanks @Bedlam and @Solatium That will really help.
Re: Help On Kenya Travel by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2017
fathermoo:

Thank you

1. It all depends on you, but for comfort sake 20 hours is damn too long to stay in an airport. Plus you could use the time to see the beautiful city.

2. Of course it advisable to get a Hotel, although it's a little bit on the high side. Average of $100 for a night, plus your $50 transit visa. You will also need a Yellow Fever certificate. Just #1,000.

To avoid being extorted/delayed/questioned at the airport, please book your hotel room and print a copy of the reservation. You may also want to jump the visa queue by applying online (and paying) before your arrival in Nairobi.

(1) (Reply)

Going To Lagos For The First Time / Watch As A Man In Military Uniform Blasts Nigerian Officials In London / My First Shocker As A Student In Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.