Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,745 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:50 AM

Visa Enlightenment - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Enlightenment (5283 Views)

Enlightenment Needed Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa Enlightenment by harlee(m): 5:01pm On Jun 14, 2017
Good day house,i need to be enlightened on the types of visas available especially to Europe, Australia, Canada and the likes.lets imagine I am leaving naija to look for greener pastures,what kind of visa is advisable.from my lil research I have found out that to get a work permit kind of visa, I'll need a sponsor(employer) to apply in my stead.the rest kinds are visiting visas,what of a case where I could not get a sponsor from Nigeria.is it advisable to travel with a visit visa with the hope of getting a job before the visa expires and have the prospective employer file in a work permit application for me. please enlighten me how people migrate overseas and spend years(legally)
Re: Visa Enlightenment by harlee(m): 3:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
some nairalanders can ignore person
Re: Visa Enlightenment by tosino0000(f): 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2017
Am in your shoe...please let us reason together. I can't wait to get out of this county but I don't know how to go about it

1 Like

Re: Visa Enlightenment by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
harlee:
Good day house,i need to be enlightened on the types of visas available especially to Europe, Australia, Canada and the likes.lets imagine I am leaving naija to look for greener pastures,what kind of visa is advisable.from my lil research I have found out that to get a work permit kind of visa, I'll need a sponsor(employer) to apply in my stead.the rest kinds are visiting visas,what of a case where I could not get a sponsor from Nigeria.is it advisable to travel with a visit visa with the hope of getting a job before the visa expires and have the prospective employer file in a work permit application for me. please enlighten me how people migrate overseas and spend years(legally)
I think United Arab Emirates (Dubia) is more easier and economical than those countries you mentioned...for Australia.Start here....
https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident (for skilled migration ie if you have work experience)
Re: Visa Enlightenment by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
please who knows if there is an Austria embassy in Lagos
Re: Visa Enlightenment by harlee(m): 4:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
Blessinesther07:

I think United Arab Emirates (Dubia) is more easier and economical than those countries you mentioned...for Australia.Start here....
https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident (for skilled migration ie if you have work experience)
thanks but not on my list
Re: Visa Enlightenment by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
martins18:
please who knows if there is an Austria embassy in Lagos
Address: 65 Oyinkan Abayomi Drive (Formerly Queen's Drive), Ikoyi, Lagos

1 Like

Re: Visa Enlightenment by Laird(m): 8:16am On Jun 18, 2017
You would be better of studying and with a health care skill
Re: Visa Enlightenment by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 18, 2017
Blessinesther07:
Address: 65 Oyinkan Abayomi Drive (Formerly Queen's Drive), Ikoyi, Lagos
thanks bro...Austria here i come.
Re: Visa Enlightenment by harlee(m): 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2017
martins18:
thanks bro...Austria here i come.
what kind of visa are you applying for,
Re: Visa Enlightenment by harlee(m): 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
Laird:
You would be better of studying and with a health care skill
how do you mean?please explain
Re: Visa Enlightenment by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 21, 2017
harlee:
what kind of visa are you applying for,
i think visiting visa, going for trial with a football club.

1 Like

Re: Visa Enlightenment by Laird(m): 8:13am On Jun 23, 2017
harlee:
how do you mean?please explain

By your plan, UAE will for into Your plan but You have to pray to.get a job, and Jobs there do not pay well... For unskilled jobs

Developed English Countries..UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada, USA.....studying g a healthcare course is Your best bet
Re: Visa Enlightenment by pansophist(m): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2017
I can only advise you about Europe (more specifically, Schengen countries).

There are three kinds of entry permit (generally mixed-up and called visa). They are VISA, RESIDENCE PERMIT (temporary/non-immigrant) and RESIDENCE PERMIT (immigrant and permanent in nature). I will write about each of them below.

1. VISA . As a rule, a visa is only granted for three months only. You cant extend it (although there are exceptions), you cannot engage in an economical activities with it and you are required by law to leave the territory before it expires. A visa just allow you to be physically present in their territory and spend your money. It's also the reason why embassies requires proof of ties from your departing country, to show that you are not a prospective immigrant in disguise.

2. RESIDENCE PERMIT (temporary) This permit as usually issued to individuals with genuine reasons to reside in the territory for longer than three months (even years) with the believe that they will leave when they are done. People that are usually issued such visas are temporary workers, students, refugees, researchers, volunteers etc. The advantage with this kind of temporary permit is that is gives the possessor much time to switch into permanent residence permit (number 3 below). Many people with this kind of permit got a permanent job and switched to a permanent visa, or found love, and could live permanently and become citizens. Regardless of how years you've lived in the country with this temporary permit, you cannot become a citizen with it, as it is temporary in nature.

3. RESIDENCE PERMIT (permanent). This permit even if it has a time limit (usually 5 years), it is permanence in nature, as it expressly leads to naturalisation. This permit confers the possessor most of the benefits citizens are entitled to (like reduce tuition fees, free healthcare, social support etc), and your life will be much easier with it. This permit are usually issued to family members of citizens (spouse, parents, children, grandparents) and refugees. With this permit, you could become a citizen in five years (or three years e.g, Sweden, Netherlands etc).

Have any question? quote my name (not this post) and I will be glad to respond.

1 Like

Re: Visa Enlightenment by chidekings(m): 11:49am On Jun 29, 2017
What about. Let's just say someone with some substantial amount of money wants to travel to Europe and seek for greener pastures. How do he do it.

1 Like

Re: Visa Enlightenment by harlee(m): 8:00pm On Jul 08, 2017
chidekings:
What about. Let's just say someone with some substantial amount of money wants to travel to Europe and seek for greener pastures. How do he do it.
abi,my mom is ready to give me cash so long as I can find my way and work legally
Re: Visa Enlightenment by chidekings(m): 9:08pm On Jul 08, 2017
harlee:
abi,my mom is ready to give me cash so long as I can find my way and work legally
No one had deemed it fit to answer me since then
Re: Visa Enlightenment by pansophist(m): 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
chidekings:

From your post, it is assumable you operate on the idea that with your money, there should be a country that is willing to admit you so you can hustle. Sorry for being the carrier of an unfavourable news but the answer is NO, its not possible. Although there is a better option, and many people have been using this route for years.

Why not go as a student? then your money can be utilize to pay tuition fees and other travel expenses. You can also work during and after studies, with a better platform towards naturalisation (citizenship) ultimately. Even high-end professionals with PHD from western countries hardly get work visa. The EU is self-sustaining entity that has most of its labour needs from its labour force (population), they are not in need of non EU to fill up their labour needs, unless of course you want to do the jobs nobody wants (even at such, foreign students and unassimilated immigrants pounce on that).

The only EU country that cater for migrants with cash is Malta, and you need to have at last 1 million dollars to qualify, but again, this path will be closed soon as the EU have slammed Malta for such. All EU countries have pre-defined criteria to satisfy before issuing a visa/residence permit, which excludes provisions for potential hustlers with money to buy their way in.

1 Like

Re: Visa Enlightenment by harlee(m): 10:07pm On Jul 12, 2017
pansophist:

From your post, it is assumable you operate on the idea that with your money, there should be a country that is willing to admit you so you can hustle. Sorry for being the carrier of an unfavourable news but the answer is NO, its not possible. Although there is a better option, and many people have been using this route for years.

Why not go as a student? then your money can be utilize to pay tuition fees and other travel expenses. You can also work during and after studies, with a better platform towards naturalisation (citizenship) ultimately. Even high-end professionals with PHD from western countries hardly get work visa. The EU is self-sustaining entity that has most of its labour needs from its labour force (population), they are not in need of non EU to fill up their labour needs, unless of course you want to do the jobs nobody wants (even at such, foreign students and unassimilated immigrants pounce on that).

The only EU country that cater for migrants with cash is Malta, and you need to have at last 1 million dollars to qualify, but again, this path will be closed soon as the EU have slammed Malta for such. All EU countries have pre-defined criteria to satisfy before issuing a visa/residence permit, which excludes provisions for potential hustlers with money to buy their way in.
so are you saying its impossible to go to a country like Germany to work even as an unskilled labour,maybe getting a hotel job or restaurant or the likes
Re: Visa Enlightenment by pansophist(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
harlee:
so are you saying its impossible to go to a country like Germany to work even as an unskilled labour,maybe getting a hotel job or restaurant or the likes

It's possible of course, but you can't get a work permit for menial jobs as a sweeper, professional plate washer, janitor etc. it's only after you're here on a different basis you can do those jobs. Put in mind that they have unemployed people as well, so you are not a priority to them
Re: Visa Enlightenment by harlee(m): 7:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
pansophist:

It's possible of course, but you can't get a work permit for menial jobs as a sweeper, professional plate washer, janitor etc. it's only after you're here on a different basis you can do those jobs. Put in mind that they have unemployed people as well, so you are not a priority to them
thanks for the ad, even if I don't get a work permit I can still continue working ba? let's say a country like Germany
Re: Visa Enlightenment by Umuks(m): 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
@Pansophist...... I am a newly admitted student at the university of Tartu, Estonia...... Please, what's the possibility of getting a visa on a fresh passport from Belgium embassy for someone going to Estonia?
Re: Visa Enlightenment by pansophist(m): 8:32am On Jul 15, 2017
Umuks:
@Pansophist...... I am a newly admitted student at the university of Tartu, Estonia...... Please, what's the possibility of getting a visa on a fresh passport from Belgium embassy for someone going to Estonia?

A new passport can always get a visa, regardless if it has been previously used for offshore trips. If your case is genuine and you meet the stipulated requirements, you should get a visa. When I first left Nigeria to study abroad, my passport was acquired few months before application, and i've actually never left Nigeria then except Ghana, and my residence permit was issued without any hassle.

Goodluck
Re: Visa Enlightenment by fowlyansh181(m): 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
Op what's the update? Where you finally able to get a right step? Way?
Re: Visa Enlightenment by solidmyk(m): 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2017
@pansophist assuming I have gotten a job offer and haven't gotten an accomondation since I dont knw anyone there what could be done?
Re: Visa Enlightenment by fowlyansh181(m): 9:28am On Oct 16, 2017
pansophist:

i benefited greatly from this advice and I hope to follow this route , please what schools can someone of 24 years of age going on 25 mid next year apply to for a b.sc with a budget of 3 to 4 million and what are the requirements needed to start almost immediately? Thanks a lot
Re: Visa Enlightenment by pansophist(m): 8:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
fowlyansh181:
i benefited greatly from this advice and I hope to follow this route, please what schools can someone of 24 years of age going on 25 mid next year apply to for a b.sc with a budget of 3 to 4 million and what are the requirements needed to start almost immediately? Thanks a lot

I usually give immigration advice. I don't know much about schools you may apply to.

With a 4M naira budget, it should be dead easy to live Naija as a student, I left with even less than 1M six years ago to western Europe. Check out the Baltic countries, they are easy to get admission into and not that expensive. The challenge is that you will have to go to Egypt for your visa, but if you can, you will get it and be in Europe in less than 8 months. If you want to follow this route, I may be able to advise you further.

1 Like

Re: Visa Enlightenment by kagari: 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2017
fowlyansh181:
i benefited greatly from this advice and I hope to follow this route , please what schools can someone of 24 years of age going on 25 mid next year apply to for a b.sc with a budget of 3 to 4 million and what are the requirements needed to start almost immediately? Thanks a lot

OK first of all unless you actually wanting to study with your heart, I don't see a reason you would want to go throw away 3 - 4 millions naira in europe, maybe you been sponsored.

With that money, start up a business, register a company, have a corporate account, make sure the account is active even if its with turn overovers. Be dedicated to the business for a year,

After a year you could easily apply for a US visa or other schengen countries for tourism.

Do not throw away such amount if you don't really want to go study

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help !!! How Do I Activate My Nin If I Live Outside Nigeria? / Please Where Is Ministry Of Education Located In Abuja... Address Please / Why Don't Nigerians Tip? Why Do You Pay For Good Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.