Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" (1664 Views)

Who Has Seen This? Nollywood Block-buster "Drake Vs Meek Mill" / Who Has Seen The Gripping Documentary Gladiators: Back From The Dead? / Any Spartacus : Blood And Sand Fans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by Nobody: 3:10am On Feb 02, 2007
Hi all, I just saw "Blood Diamond" starring leonardo Dicaprio and Djimon Hounsou. It was about conflict diamonds in sierra leone.
Conflict diamonds are diamonds that were illegally exported out of the country, and were supposedly the basis of the war, all to keep
some foreigners happy. I found it really moving and touching, If u havent seen it, i recommend you do, it will touch something inside you.
Im not such a big fan of Leo. but I think he really outdid himself in this role.
If you did see it, what did u think??
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:11am On Feb 02, 2007
Hey, Blood Diamond was great!
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by Ameriefan(f): 6:57am On Feb 02, 2007
I have seen it ,it was the frist movie i watch this 2007

SO DAMN COOL
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by Raymand(m): 7:38am On Feb 02, 2007
I thought it was a documentary voiced by Morgan Freeman?
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by toptho(f): 1:08pm On Feb 02, 2007
I watched it last week and i was quite impressed with leo's accent,the film was good and i saw somewhere online an article about the events and the pictures looked quite similar to the film.But how can people know when they are buying blood diamonds,the dealer would have his story
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by iice(f): 4:36am On Feb 03, 2007
Hmmm its nice, suprised that Leo picked up the pidgin, not a bad movie but not exactly an outstanding one either. It was just ok.
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:50am On Feb 03, 2007
I liked it, the pidgin english sucked like crap
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by phoenixman: 12:52pm On Feb 03, 2007
iice:

Hmmm its nice, suprised that Leo picked up the pidgin, not a bad movie but not exactly an outstanding one either. It was just ok.

wasted time watching that crap. did anyone had the insight to pick up on the racist slant in the movie?
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by iice(f): 9:51am On Feb 04, 2007
Haba josboy lol, i didnt even know they spoke pidgin in the movie till i watched it so i was pleasantly suprised that they incorporated that into the movie.

Don't half of the movies these days have some racist slant in it? undecided
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by phoenixman: 9:57am On Feb 04, 2007
never liked the comment about in the USA its "bling bling and in sierra leon its Bling bang.
and why is it that the black guy have to be always following behind the whites?
did you notice the part when the "black task master" was up in the black dude face when he was recaptured, how that scene was like two monkeys that were about to fight? notice notice notice. grin
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by iice(f): 10:11am On Feb 04, 2007
calling them two monkeys makes it better coming from a fellow black? Nwayz who likes the comment abt the bling blang?
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by phoenixman: 10:19am On Feb 04, 2007
u missed the point totally.
The director, in my opinion, captured, and i think deliberately, that scene
to make a link. when i saw that part of the movie
images from Discovery came to mind.
my comment was never about the actors. but was only highlighting what i perceived to be a "subtlety".
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by iice(f): 10:27am On Feb 04, 2007
All the long tori (story) just expresses your dislike of the movie. I did get what you meant but it just seem too much wahala to go into the breakdown of this movie and right now i don't have that stress.
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by phoenixman: 10:33am On Feb 04, 2007
bet if i was a girl grin now cuss me out cool
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by iice(f): 10:35am On Feb 04, 2007
Still don't have your stress cheesy
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by Free(f): 11:18pm On Feb 04, 2007
i've seen it
djimon hounsou deserve an oscar grin grin
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:30pm On Feb 04, 2007
Give us us free - Amistad
Re: Who Has Seen "blood Diamond?" by itstpia8: 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2016
what about that little kid who was one of the main characters?

(1) (Reply)

Download South Of Nowhere Episodes? / Best Movies Of 2018 So Far / The Death Of Yinka Craig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.