Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,642 members, 7,851,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:23 PM

Can We Have Policemen Go Undercover As Secret Agents In Nigeria? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can We Have Policemen Go Undercover As Secret Agents In Nigeria? (477 Views)

Undercover Investigation At Ikoyi Prisons By Fisayo Soyombo: Sodomy, Pimping / Emzor Sales Rep Caught In Illegal Codeine Sale By Undercover Reporters (VIDEO) / Do Secret Agents Fight Like They Do In Movies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can We Have Policemen Go Undercover As Secret Agents In Nigeria? by NigerianScholar: 1:46am On Jun 15, 2017
We should all be familiar with the high crime rates we have in Nigeria amd how new measures re hardly being implemented to solve this problem.
Well, i watched three hollywood crime/action movies today "keanu/ride along/20sth jump street" something similar to this is also in fast and furious 2 and i noticed something very sensible in these movies. They actually get people from the police force to disguise as a normal civilian to infiltrate a gang/crime group and secretly help the police to monitor their weaknesses and find potential weaknesses. The undercover agents get to commit crimes with the criminal group but are given amnesty upon completion. Simce the crimes were committed for a good deed.

Now, as i do for most movies. I try to see we i can apply soeme things there to the actual world and i am not sure if they actually do this in the united states. But i think if would be a very useful strategy if the police force could use it.
Think about it. The crime rate would reduce drastically because everyone will be scared of an incognito policeman. That is if they know.

But the policeman can secretly leak critical information about the gang/group to the police. Instead of just commiting crimes without repercussions. It will improve overall safety as well
Just imagine if a policeman was undercover in the group of the notorious kidnapper just arrested in Lagos. Things would go smoothly.
More jobs will be available.

But there is always a chance of the undercover policeman being carried away and join the criminal group mainly because he is underpaid. But i believe we still have good nigerians.

I just thought of this stuff just now. Please let me know below if this will be effective in Nigeria today or i just got carried away by the movies

Please give reasons as well
Re: Can We Have Policemen Go Undercover As Secret Agents In Nigeria? by whitebeard(m): 2:37am On Jun 15, 2017
NigerianScholar:
got carried away by the movies

no, that's the reason
Re: Can We Have Policemen Go Undercover As Secret Agents In Nigeria? by NigerianScholar: 7:12am On Jun 15, 2017
whitebeard:
no, that's the reason
Explain further with reasons on why this wont work

(1) (Reply)

Angry Woman Destroys Husband's Car While The Kids Were Inside / Mother Invades School With Thugs, Beats Up Teachers For Flogging Her Child In Ab / Lagos Traditional Ruler, 3 Others Arrested Over Badoo Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.