Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth (20895 Views)

Nurse At Home: Working Tips For Caring For A Sick Child / Caring For Yourself And Baby As a First Time Mum / Three Natural Steps To Whiten Your Teeth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by Debolala(f): 9:28am On Jun 15, 2017
Children’s teeth are been destroyed by drinks. Do you know that two in three drinks taken by primary school children are bad for their teeth, and that water accounts for only a quarter of liquids drunk by five to nine-year-olds, while plain milk makes up only 10 percent? ‘Diet’ fizzy drinks make up 30 percent of overall consumption.

The Chief executive of an Oral Health Foundation, Dr Nigel Carter, said: “It’s important that people know that diet drinks can still be damaging to the teeth.

“Some of the ingredients used in producing many of them, such as phosphoric acid, citric acid and tartaric acid, can be damaging and lead to dental erosion.”

Oral hygiene is important for our overall health, as tooth decay has been linked to heart disease. With a lot of conflicting bits of advice on the internet, it can be difficult to know how best to care for your teeth.

Dr Richard Marques, a Celebrity dentist, known as 'The King of Smiles', has shared his best tips for a stunning smile.
The first question is - what water temperature should you brush with?

While cold water may be the usual and general temperature of choice, Dr Marques recommends that if you suffer from sensitivity, you may do better with warm.

The dentist said: “Cold is the normal type of water to use when brushing your teeth as it has that refreshing and clarifying feeling, although warm water can be good if you have sensitive teeth.”

Dr Marques also added that very hot water should be avoided.

He said: “Very hot water can damage the bristles of your toothbrush in the long term, as well as the added risk of burning your mouth.”

Warm water lessens our teeth's sensitivity to the standard cold temperatures. Very hot water could damage brushes over time and runs the risk of mouth burns.

To keep your smile stunning and dazzling, below are top tips for caring for your teeth:

1. Use an electric toothbrush

Electric toothbrushes are the most effective way of cleaning your teeth and stop you brushing too hard.

2. Brush twice a day

Brush every morning and just before bed for at least two minutes. Stop after three minutes to prevent wearing the teeth away.

3. Clean between the teeth

Use interdental brushes or floss at least once a day to prevent a build-up of plaque between the teeth.

4. Use a manual brush right

Electric is best, but if you use a manual brush, place it at 45-degree angle towards the gum and use small circular motions that cover all exposed areas.

5. Apply the right pressure

Brushing too vigorously can wear down the enamel, but too gently will fail to remove plaque.

6. Brush through bleeding gums

Bleeding gums may be off-putting, but they will eventually become less inflamed and healthier.

7. Swish around a mouthwash

Use a nonalcoholic fluoride-containing mouthwash after every brush. Avoid rinsing with water as this washes toothpaste away.

8. Rinse with coconut oil

This helps to remove plaque and bacteria from between the teeth.
9. Be careful with whitening kinds of toothpaste

Opt for natural ingredients such as calcium carbonate and silica.

10. Get friendly with your dentist

Make sure to have a check-up every six months to remove the damage you cannot undo yourself.

Flash information: The University of Illinois discovered licking five sugar-free mints daily could repair damage to the teeth. As well as refreshing the breath, the mints may protect teeth between brushes.

Source: http://www.rapportnaija.com/2017/06/10-top-tips-for-caring-for-your-teeth.html

CC Lalasticlala Mynd44

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by Thomsyne(m): 9:41am On Jun 15, 2017
Yayy...! FTC... I dedicate this to God ooo... Baba pick my call just say hello... no dey send me go voicemail...
Anyways read my post on homemade tips on how to whiten your teeth and remove plaque.
https://www.nairaland.com/649564/remove-plaque-teeth

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 15, 2017
***Use an electric toothbrush...what if there is no power from IKEDC or EKEDC grin

9 Likes

Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by Onyinye15(f): 9:42am On Jun 15, 2017
My teeth my teeth

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by Akshow: 9:42am On Jun 15, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by lovelove2323: 9:42am On Jun 15, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
nice one
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by Dreyguy: 9:43am On Jun 15, 2017
Thanks
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by kelsgal(f): 9:43am On Jun 15, 2017
very educative piece. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by lizpedra(m): 9:44am On Jun 15, 2017
Do you know you can fulfill your dreams in a very short while and make millions of naira in gold business with just a little capital.? Learn the secrets by calling 08063411490. 08037427846. 08067242401.Or Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///KQBfOxN31gwGPWxg6bhgow
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by hfeetham0(f): 9:44am On Jun 15, 2017
The only way to avoid the system is to hide inside a cave at the top of a mountain!

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by blaquebelle: 9:44am On Jun 15, 2017
Keneking:
***Use an electric toothbrush...what if there is no power from IKEDC or EKEDC grin
I think it uses a battery

2 Likes

Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by Monalisa185(f): 9:44am On Jun 15, 2017
nice
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by talk2kaystone(m): 9:44am On Jun 15, 2017
great
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by Uzoigwe1(m): 9:44am On Jun 15, 2017
Which one is electric tooth brush kwa...... cool cool
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by toseen7: 9:45am On Jun 15, 2017
My teeth grin

Electric toothbrush?
Where electricity dey? undecided
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by DelNifty(m): 9:45am On Jun 15, 2017
Good tips.
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by Kobicove(m): 9:45am On Jun 15, 2017
Lovely write-up
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by Adaowerri111: 9:46am On Jun 15, 2017
so I will waste all this time for teeth abi

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by Amosjaj(m): 9:46am On Jun 15, 2017
11. Stop kissing dope bîtchęs. That sh>ît is disgusting
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by DavidEsq(m): 9:47am On Jun 15, 2017
Keneking:
Imagine NEPA com increase voltage wen the brush dey ur teeth cheesy. E clear say ur village ppl don dey sing "baby pana" on top ur matter undecided

2 Likes

Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by larmu(m): 9:47am On Jun 15, 2017
Use Charcoal
TESTED AND TRUSTED! grin
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by Shome36(m): 9:47am On Jun 15, 2017
Biafra
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by lavenjcrown(m): 9:48am On Jun 15, 2017
What about using the chewing stick?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by bhouze(m): 9:48am On Jun 15, 2017
na so
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by BrightForYou(m): 9:48am On Jun 15, 2017
Which toostpaste is the best?
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by engrMikemd(m): 9:49am On Jun 15, 2017
use chewing stick, abeg no try electric toothbrush ooo
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by Evablizin(f): 9:50am On Jun 15, 2017
I also recommend grinded charcoal with salt it also help the teeth don't ask me how...lols
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by herkeym001(m): 9:56am On Jun 15, 2017
Noted
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by herkeym001(m): 9:58am On Jun 15, 2017
Uzoigwe1:
Which one is electric tooth brush kwa...... cool cool
You be olodo rabata
Re: 10 Top Tips For Caring For Your Teeth by ikhibones(m): 10:01am On Jun 15, 2017
Keneking:
then power ur generator cheesy
Keneking:
then power ur generator

(1) (2) (Reply)

UK Approves Pfizer-Biontech COVID-19 Vaccine For Use, First In The World / Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics / Tobi Marshal: Man calls out Lekki hospital as mum dies of negligence in India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.