Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) (6863 Views)

University Of Abuja Dean In Sex For Marks Scandal, Caught Pants Down / Peter And Mary Odili's PAMO University Of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt (Photo / Protest At FUOYE Against Malomo, Dean Of Students' Affairs (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 15, 2017
The dean of unilag medical sciences have Insisted that some 500L students of dentistry repeat 500L because some of the students didn't do enough procedures to write exams which is not applicable in all universities in nigeria...this is indeed wicked and a sign she's not fit enough to be a dean...its crazy that a student would repeat 500L doing just a course because of procedures when she could have let them do resit as they didn't do the main exam...Even Ife that she graduated from allows students to do the resit if they didn't do the main exam...

Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by blackboy(m): 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
Communicate to the VC, Ministry of Education and Nuc
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
A letter was written to the VC which further infuriated the dean...and she insisted on not allowing the students write the exam
blackboy:
Communicate to the VC, Ministry of Education and Nuc

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Omonoba1: 4:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
It isn't about attendance only, Did the students meet the requirement to write the exam or not? How did you know it's not applicable in other schools in Nigeria?.

4 Likes

Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2017
I typed there about completing procedures....I said it's not applicable in oda skools because I hv asked...if I am wrong pls tell me...with ur name I tink u r bini so tell me bout unis in edo state...some even completed procedures they still gave excuse that they used same patient 4 two procedures
Omonoba1:
It isn't about attendance only, Did the students meet the requirement to write the exam or not? How did you know it's not applicable in other schools in Nigeria?.
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by armadeo(m): 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2017
In my day n.a. resist straight not repeat.

Don't know about now.

Remember what one dude did to us for psychiatry.

Went to the exam and found out he actually held the 70% attendance.

I waka go house jeje.

5 Likes

Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 15, 2017
Dat is hw it is,they just want to change it like dat witout informing the students,this is double standards and not fair especially from sumone who calls hersef a mother
armadeo:
In my day n.a. resist straight not repeat.

Don't know about now.

Remember what one dude did to us for psychiatry.

Went to the exam and found out he actually held the 70% attendance.

I waka go house jeje.

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Emperor119(m): 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
Wickedness in High places *in falz voice *

1 Like

Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
Iono what she stands to gain...it jus shows how power drunk some pple get wen given a position to serve...I jus hope d necessary authorities will do sumtin about this poo in time

1 Like

Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by firstclassmumu: 7:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
During our time na resit straight
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 15, 2017
She dint allow the students write resit...dats d problem
firstclassmumu:
During our time na resit straight
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Desyner: 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
Glorified secondary school. Sort 30% of your unit, cheat for another 30%. Make a 2-2 or 3 and start blaming private schools as too easy.
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by DrObum(m): 11:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
Oga, stop crying foul here and go and beg!

That's medical school for crying out loud and not one state poly (no offense)
Point is, you know the rules, if you didn't attend postings as evidenced by your attendance and signing of log book and procedure manuals, no exams for you.

I graduated from UNN, and in my time, you don't even have a case. And that would be counted as an attempt on the exam for you.

What kind of doctor would you be if you can't obey the rules of medical school?

You can only cry foul if you've evidence that the rules were suddenly changed without communicating you people.

Modified: You don't even have a case if you were still not notified per say. Medical school like the university has a rule book and it's stated clearly there.
The fact that previous deans failed to uphold the rules doesn't take away her right as dean to do so.

And the way you people are going about it would infuriate her more and make her stand by the rules and nothing can be done again because no matter who tries to intervene, she'll have enough legal cover to stand on.

Solution is, get people that matter in the school that may be sympathetic to your cause and go and beg her!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by lereinter(m): 8:00am On Jun 16, 2017
is that the pics of the dean
omo u must not jam this one for dark night
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 16, 2017
I get you but I'm talking about skool procedures whereby the equipments r obsolete,electricity issues and some other limitations....tell me if unn did same...why shud dre be double standards doc?
DrObum:
Oga, stop crying foul here and go and beg!

That's medical school for crying out loud and not one state poly (no offense)
Point is, you know the rules, if you didn't attend postings as evidenced by your attendance and signing of log book and procedure manuals, no exams for you.

I graduated from UNN, and in my time, you don't even have a case. And that would be counted as an attempt on the exam for you.

What kind of doctor would you be if you can't obey the rules of medical school?

You can only cry foul if you've evidence that the rules were suddenly changed without communicating you people.

Modified: You don't even have a case if you were still not notified per say. Medical school like the university has a rule book and it's stated clearly there.
The fact that previous deans failed to uphold the rules doesn't take away her right as dean to do so.

And the way you people are going about it would infuriate her more and make her stand by the rules and nothing can be done again because no matter who tries to intervene, she'll have enough legal cover to stand on.

Solution is, get people that matter in the school that may be sympathetic to your cause and go and beg her!
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Ajewealth123(m): 10:08am On Jun 16, 2017
See as she be like over inflated balloon.
Shai Unilorin days,
Respect goes out to prof obaleye a.k.a obalium
These people do have compassion no matter what.
Na ego dey worry this kin people, case of eku Ida in Yoruba. She don grab the mantle and she wants to flex her power and muscle.
If some wicked student/cultist decided to wicked her wish I pray not to happen, then people will shout wickedness.
Reminds me of those 500level engineering students writing their final exams which oloyede accused of being cultist because they read at the back of ELT(Unilorin) they were later expelled.
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by lulufaj(m): 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
my friend, this is medical school. you face it and stop crying upandan. In my time, you skip postings you don't write exams simple. what kind of doctor do you wanna make exactly? I graduated from oau and it's derogatory putting oau into this. that previous deans didn't uphold the rules doesn't mean the said Dean should continue. We are strict followers of the rules in ife.

If you didn't do procedures as required, how exactly do u intend to become a proficient doctor/dentist? This alone is gross indiscipline and should attract very heavy penalties.

you could have approached this matter in a better way than this childish ranting which will likely get the woman more infuriated. an appeal to senior colleagues of hers to talk to her on you behalf would have produced a better result than this your nonsense talk. let the unilag lectures come home and train you now. What disrespect! what were your alumni abroad looking when she rose to the rank of professor and then elected Dean?

what exactly are these children turning this noble profession into ? If I were the Dean, your punishment just dey start.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Omonoba1: 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2017
lulufaj:
my friend, this is medical school. you face it and stop crying upandan. In my time, you skip postings you don't write exams simple. what kind of doctor do you wanna make exactly? I graduated from oau and it's derogatory putting oau into this. that previous deans didn't uphold the rules doesn't mean the said Dean should continue. We are strict followers of the rules in ife.

If you didn't do procedures as required, how exactly do u intend to become a proficient doctor/dentist? This alone is gross indiscipline and should attract very heavy penalties.

you could have approached this matter in a better way than this childish ranting which will likely get the woman more infuriated. an appeal to senior colleagues of hers to talk to her on you behalf would have produced a better result than this your nonsense talk. let the unilag lectures come home and train you now. What disrespect! what were your alumni abroad looking when she rose to the rank of professor and then elected Dean?

what exactly are these children turning this noble profession into ? If I were the Dean, your punishment just dey start.
Don't mind the Op..

If he exhibits this kind of attitude in uniben,,they will tell him why it's called Medical/Dental School..

You guys should go and beg or jejely spend the extra year...Loyalty is key in college of Medical Sciences cos not even the VC can save you when the powers that be are on your case.
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by madgoat(m): 2:15pm On Jun 16, 2017
Lol undecided
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by madgoat(m): 2:23pm On Jun 16, 2017
oluseyioba:
The dean of unilag medical sciences have Insisted that some 500L students of dentistry repeat 500L because some of the students didn't do enough procedures to write exams which is not applicable in all universities in nigeria...this is indeed wicked and a sign she's not fit enough to be a dean...its crazy that a student would repeat 500L doing just a course because of procedures when she could have let them do resit as they didn't do the main exam...Even Ife that she graduated from allows students to do the resit if they didn't do the main exam...

I hope this is not your real name oh. You should not have posted this with your real name if you are a student there.
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2017
Oga I'm nt in med/dental skool...I jus hv 1st hand info hence the post...cud u not pass a message without being rude mr doc
Omonoba1:
Don't mind the Op..

If he exhibits this kind of attitude in uniben,,they will tell him why it's called Medical/Dental School..

You guys should go and beg or jejely spend the extra year...Loyalty is key in college of Medical Sciences cos not even the VC can save you when the powers that be are on your case.
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Omonoba1: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
oluseyioba:
Oga I'm nt in med/dental skool...I jus hv 1st hand info hence the post...cud u not pass a message without being rude mr doc
Alright,,sorry if you felt insulted! It wasn't intended.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by newafricanman: 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2017
Well my dear, I could shout and condemn you but I won't. Please read carefully.
1. We have a Faculty of Dental Sciences not a Dean of Medical Sciences. So, even your title is wrong.
2. The rule of 75% applies to attendance and NOT core skills required for your practice as a doctor/dentist. So you are wrong here.
3. In Ife, they keep to requirements. If you don't do enough, you can't do exams.
4. No dean insists on 100 percent. Your colleagues who wrote the exam did not achieve 100% of the requirements. So, sorry, again you are wrong.
5. During our days in medilag, you had to do 50 class 1, 30 class II, anterior RCT, posterior RCT, and a full care patient. This was aside oral surgery requirements, project in oral pathology etc.
How many did you do?
6. The rule of CMUL disqualifies you from resit if your reason for disqualification is procedures or other core clinical skills. The reason is simple,the skills you did not acquire in two years cannot be acquired in 3 months. So, again, you are wrong. The VC, NUC etc are credible personalities and authorities that won't endorse producing a doctor or dentist that has not demonstrated the ability to practice safely and independently.
7. My young friend and colleague, you will be Dean one day if you work hard. Castigating your dean and making a ridicule of you alma mata to be will affect you in the future. Please, delete this post and go and settle down and read. Do your procedures and inform the dean about challenges of electricity etc. New chairs and other equipment were fitted a few years ago, and many people grapple under the same challenges.
8. Please, respect the sanctity of our profession and remove this post and the picture of the Dean. She did not make the rules, the college made those rules. PLEASE,NEVER insult your teachers, no matter how pained you are. You will graduate soon and all this will be history.
9. The college of medinice, and the Dean of Dental Sciences should be congratulated for upholding standards. If you think this is wickedness, don't complain when a doctor kills your relative out of incompetence. Competence and skills should not be sacrificed on the altar of public opinion.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2017
I'm nt a student,tanx bro
madgoat:

I hope this is not your real name oh. You should not have posted this with your real name if you are a student there.
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2017
Thank you bro...I'm not a student there just got info...they were given deadline but afta the deadline sum were done with procedures and sum were nt..they extended the deadline and the pple who finished at dis time wre still disqualified..because same person was used 4 two diff procedures..
newafricanman:
Well my dear, I could shout and condemn you but I won't. Please read carefully.
1. We have a Faculty of Dental Sciences not a Dean of Medical Sciences. So, even your title is wrong.
2. The rule of 75% applies to attendance and NOT core skills required for your practice as a doctor/dentist. So you are wrong here.
3. In Ife, they keep to requirements. If you don't do enough, you can't do exams.
4. No dean insists on 100 percent. Your colleagues who wrote the exam did not achieve 100% of the requirements. So, sorry, again you are wrong.
5. During our days in medilag, you had to do 50 class 1, 30 class II, anterior RCT, posterior RCT, and a full care patient. This was aside oral surgery requirements, project in oral pathology etc.
How many did you do?
6. The rule of CMUL disqualifies you from resit if your reason for disqualification is procedures or other core clinical skills. The reason is simple,the skills you did not acquire in two years cannot be acquired in 3 months. So, again, you are wrong. The VC, NUC etc are credible personalities and authorities that won't endorse producing a doctor or dentist that has not demonstrated the ability to practice safely and independently.
7. My young friend and colleague, you will be Dean one day if you work hard. Castigating your dean and making a ridicule of you alma mata to be will affect you in the future. Please, delete this post and go and settle down and read. Do your procedures and inform the dean about challenges of electricity etc. New chairs and other equipment were fitted a few years ago, and many people grapple under the same challenges.
8. Please, respect the sanctity of our profession and remove this post and the picture of the Dean. She did not make the rules, the college made those rules. PLEASE,NEVER insult your teachers, no matter how pained you are. You will graduate soon and all this will be history.
9. The college of medinice, and the Dean of Dental Sciences should be congratulated for upholding standards. If you think this is wickedness, don't complain when a doctor kills your relative out of incompetence. Competence and skills should not be sacrificed on the altar of public opinion.
Thank you.
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by newafricanman: 7:41pm On Jun 16, 2017
Well, if you are not a student there as you claim, why post something you don't understand. Please, delete this post in the spirit of self-respect and fairness. The Dean did not do anything wicked. The FACT is that she is saving you and I from half-baked doctors. Please, try and understand issues before taking to the social media. God bless you.
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by newafricanman: 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
oluseyioba:
Thank you bro...I'm not a student there just got info...they were given deadline but afta the deadline sum were done with procedures and sum were nt..they extended the deadline and the pple who finished at dis time wre still disqualified..because same person was used 4 two diff procedures..
Well, if you are not a student there as you claim, why post something you don't understand. Please, delete this post in the spirit of self-respect and fairness. The Dean did not do anything wicked. The FACT is that she is saving you and I from half-baked doctors. Please, try and understand issues before taking to the social media. God bless you.
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Whitemoney: 8:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
I buy/Sell US iTunes gift card at a very moderate rate kindly hit me up

08063984186 (whatsap)
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by yasolan(m): 9:07pm On Jun 16, 2017
UNILAG or LASUTh which one..
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
Unilag
yasolan:
UNILAG or LASUTh which one..
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
Bro 50students in 500L are about to repeat because of procedures not attendance or sumtin more important
newafricanman:
Re: Unilag Dean Of Medical Sciences (wicked) by felictorx: 7:01am On Jun 17, 2017
That's how they do. Did my postgrad at OAU, even cleaners were mean, all because it's Great Ife. Stupid tyrants

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Courses With Best Employment In Nigeria / Lagos Gov. Approves Establishment Of 173 Private Schools / 2018/2019 All Waec Wassce Specimens/practicals/ Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.