Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Why We Look Down On Nigerian Graduates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why We Look Down On Nigerian Graduates (398 Views)

Nigerian Graduates Start Palm Kernel Business After Returning From USA (photos) / Apply For LEAP Africa School2work Programme For Nigerian Graduates 2018 / I Come I Came I Concer, Why Are Nigerian Graduates Like This? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Look Down On Nigerian Graduates by ItuExchange(m): 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
Only in Nigeria do people look down on Nigerians for schooling in Nigeria. Why?

I actually look down on myself for being a product of the Nigerian education system. I gained absolutely nothing and came out looking for nothing.

Universities are purely business oriented. An average school, for example, with the capacity to effectively educate between 5000 - 10000 students in different courses will admit between 30,000 - 50,000 students after screening 500,000 on the basis of an exam they all paid for.

How do you learn anything in a class of 600 with the capacity of only 300 students?

In my own experience, I hated finance, wasn't too good at it, but I did my best not to get less than a C on it. After the exam I believed I succeeded, only for me to go meet the lecturer to buy his book on the same day of the exam (I had one from a senior) because I learned from friends it's compulsory you buy his book, and the lecturer says you didn't buy my book so that's an “F”!!!….am like am here to do just that!!!!. He didn't care, didn't take my money but with pleasure failed me and a course mate who knelt down begging as I who stood with disgust. That's how easy you get failed. Most lecturers don't care if you learn, they just want money.

It's very easy in most schools to bribe a lecturer or school official. So most students do, even the brainy ones. Once the pressure is up, you just bribe(sort).

Most books written by lecturers are just copy and paste which makes their work look vague, empty, or difficult to read. It beats me how an average mind can seriously think he can learn something from a series of scrambled information.

Also, admitting more students than the school's capacity can bear makes registration, marking of scripts, file management etc. tedious for both officials and students. Valuable time needed for studying is totally wasted on such processes. Test and exam results get messed up easily, scripts get lost and that usually means failure/carry-over for the student.

I can go on forever about the system. So tell me, why shouldn't you be looked down upon for spending so much funds, time, and energy and still come out to a sad employment rate?

Source: https://www.quora.com/Only-in-Nigeria-do-people-look-down-on-Nigerians-for-schooling-in-Nigeria-Why

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: www..com.ng

2 Likes

Re: Why We Look Down On Nigerian Graduates by ituglobal(m): 7:23am On Jun 16, 2017
Nigerian education has long been in shambles.
Re: Why We Look Down On Nigerian Graduates by Magjoel(m): 8:06am On Jun 16, 2017
ItuExchange:

I actually look down on myself for being a product of the Nigerian education system. I gained absolutely nothing and came out looking for nothing.

Universities are purely business oriented. An average school, for example, with the capacity to effectively educate between 5000 - 10000 students in different courses will admit between 30,000 - 50,000 students after screening 500,000 on the basis of an exam they all paid for.

How do you learn anything in a class of 600 with the capacity of only 300 students?

In my own experience, I hated finance, wasn't too good at it, but I did my best not to get less than a C on it. After the exam I believed I succeeded, only for me to go meet the lecturer to buy his book on the same day of the exam (I had one from a senior) because I learned from friends it's compulsory you buy his book, and the lecturer says you didn't buy my book so that's an “F”!!!….am like am here to do just that!!!!. He didn't care, didn't take my money but with pleasure failed me and a course mate who knelt down begging as I who stood with disgust. That's how easy you get failed. Most lecturers don't care if you learn, they just want money.

It's very easy in most schools to bribe a lecturer or school official. So most students do, even the brainy ones. Once the pressure is up, you just bribe(sort).

Most books written by lecturers are just copy and paste which makes their work look vague, empty, or difficult to read. It beats me how an average mind can seriously think he can learn something from a series of scrambled information.

Also, admitting more students than the school's capacity can bear makes registration, marking of scripts, file management etc. tedious for both officials and students. Valuable time needed for studying is totally wasted on such processes. Test and exam results get messed up easily, scripts get lost and that usually means failure/carry-over for the student.

I can go on forever about the system. So tell me, why shouldn't you be looked down upon for spending so much funds, time, and energy and still come out to a sad employment rate?

Source: https://www.quora.com/Only-in-Nigeria-do-people-look-down-on-Nigerians-for-schooling-in-Nigeria-Why

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: www..com.ng

so true, it is sad that our education system is like this

(1) (Reply)

How I Make Cool Cash Monthly Installing School Management Application 4 Schools / Afraid This Result Is Not "Law" Worthy. / Bloggers In The House Why Was My INFOLINK Request Not Approved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.