Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Telephone Manners In Nigerian Offices - Customer Service Gone Awol! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Telephone Manners In Nigerian Offices - Customer Service Gone Awol! (562 Views)

Free Flow Of Yuan In Nigerian Banks - What You Need To Know / Chrisvicmall Customer Service (Pay Your Supplier Within 24 to 72 working hours) / COO, Mohammed Jameel Leaves Glo Over Mike Adenuga’s Bad Manners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Telephone Manners In Nigerian Offices - Customer Service Gone Awol! by franko2: 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2010
I recently tried calling Metro, a hotel (in can@@n city) from my workplace a few times on a particular day but, whoever was at the reception wouldnt (or didnt ?) want to answer the call, and kept on willfully turning the call off. Which was a bit infuriating.

In the end i gave up and tried other hotels, which gave me the information i was seeking. I then sent a text to the metro hotel (mobile) number i called, suggesting that i heard a number of good things about them but, was mighty disappointed about their telephone (non) response.

No response - surprise surprise!

Customer Service gone AWOL (or is it gone MAD, ?!!!)

I discussed it with a friend and, he suggested it may have been because my workplace does not display phone number most times, it just says PRIVATE or whatever.

But then, it begs the question: would this make it right that a hotel with such a big reputation as (i am told) metro has, chose to adopt such a backward and retrogressive attitude to a potential customer, for fear of a nuisance call or calls?

Wow! Interesting stuff.

Or, could it be that the person at reception, must have chose to treat the hotels phone as they would their personal mobile?

Please guys, what do you think of customer service in Nigerian hotels and businesses (big or small ?).  Is it not true we are not even aware what is mean (GOOD) Customer Service?

What do you think?
Re: Telephone Manners In Nigerian Offices - Customer Service Gone Awol! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 23, 2010
most companies dont bother replying emails too

if they do,it might be after 5 working days smiley
Re: Telephone Manners In Nigerian Offices - Customer Service Gone Awol! by franko2: 3:20pm On Jan 23, 2010
@MrPrsdent

Thanks mista! But, from my experience with emails to companies (especially if it is to an awkward email addy like sales@ bla bla. or info@bla bla), no company in the US, UK or Naija answers them.

I wonder why they bother to have them then.

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Monetary Policy Do We Expect Under Pres. Goodluck? / Which Offline Bussiness Can I Start That Will Not Consume All My Time? / Corporate Sponsorship Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.