Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Is This The Biggest And Most Impressive Games Village In Nigeria? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is This The Biggest And Most Impressive Games Village In Nigeria? (1139 Views)

Fire Guts Games Village In Abia (Photos) / Victor Moses Singles Out Ross Barkley As Blues' Most Impressive Player / Meet The Biggest And Strongest Footballer In The World- A Nigerian- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Biggest And Most Impressive Games Village In Nigeria? by simplistical: 8:38am On Jun 16, 2017
Just carrying out a research on sports development in Nigeria and why Nigeria are not competitive in international tournament despite it huge population when compared to very small countries like Jamaica, cuba, etc. one of my findings is that Nigeria government do not take sports seriously. no serious capital investment into a sector that has the potential of employing millions of Nigerians and create wealth for the government. most countries have sports contributing huge percentage of their GDP. in fact as I type I loose tens of thousands every year in subscription to see most of these foreign sports in my TV. Do you Know that Nigerians spend millions of dollars annually to see most of these foreign sports.

well never meant to bore you with too much epistle. Just did a little research online for reputable games village that may have a potential of hosting at least a para Olympics in Nigeria and I was not too impress with what I found as we barely have a game village that can invite the world to Nigeria. the port Harcourt game village which I think is the biggest and most impressive from my search has great potential to wield this berth a lot still have to be done though.

The Port Harcourt Games village has the following Spec
FIFA standard stadium with up-gradable sitting capacity 40,000.
Aquatic center of two Olympics size swimming and diving pools.
two football training pitch.
two volley ball pitch.
two basketball court.
two tennis court.
two badminton pitch.
two handball pitch.
two indoor sports hall.
500 public toilet.
hostels and Administrative buildings

this is good but Nigeria need to do more in area of sports especially to engage the youths and reduce unemployment. Just imagine when Nigerians will stay glued on their Tv set as well as filling up venues for local games being played in our various cities.

are their better and bigger games village in Nigeria I may be missing?
your contributions is most welcome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This The Biggest And Most Impressive Games Village In Nigeria? by ninovandross(m): 8:48am On Jun 16, 2017
nice
Re: Is This The Biggest And Most Impressive Games Village In Nigeria? by vcente(m): 9:06am On Jun 16, 2017
Do you Know that Nigerians
spend millions of dollars anally to see most of
these foreign sports.
I didn't know
Re: Is This The Biggest And Most Impressive Games Village In Nigeria? by estyvino(m): 9:08am On Jun 16, 2017
When I was much younger, i was beaten blue black by my much more elder brother!

What was my offense? I played football in school!

Any leader who is above 50 years of age would do the same, they no nothing about harnessing talent.

TGIF
Re: Is This The Biggest And Most Impressive Games Village In Nigeria? by simplistical: 9:20am On Jun 16, 2017
vcente:

I didn't know
lol, you beat me to that grin
corrected cheesy
Re: Is This The Biggest And Most Impressive Games Village In Nigeria? by Origin(f): 9:29am On Jun 16, 2017
Wow wow wow. Niccceeeeeeee
Re: Is This The Biggest And Most Impressive Games Village In Nigeria? by laterthings: 9:35am On Jun 16, 2017
this is the handiwork of lootimi Amaechi
please keep looting public fund for public projects wink
Re: Is This The Biggest And Most Impressive Games Village In Nigeria? by simplistical: 12:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
lala look at where you dumped my thread sad

Re: Is This The Biggest And Most Impressive Games Village In Nigeria? by simplistical: 9:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
estyvino:
When I was much younger, i was beaten blue black by my much more elder brother!

What was my offense? I played football in school!

Any leader who is above 50 years of age would do the same, they no nothing about harnessing talent.

TGIF
so sad

(1) (Reply)

Which Team Is Going To Take 2017/2018 Cup In EPL? / Bayern Munich Vs Arsenal (live) / Earnstakes Free tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.