Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,930 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Avatar. The Game - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Avatar. The Game (1133 Views)

'criminal Case' Game On Android, Please Tell Me More About The Game. / Help! Pes 2012 Hangs On Creating An Avatar / Video Game 'call Of Duty' Breaks 'avatar' Sales Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avatar. The Game by mantraa: 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2010
I saw the movie in 3d and thought it was great so decided to buy the game on xbox 360 despite its lukewarm reviews. I am really enjoying it. The graphics are fantastic and even has the option to play in 3d if you have a 3d ready tv and glasses. It expands on the movie with so much information about pandora's formation and eco systems and you can explore many different places as you complete the missions. You can play as a navi or a soldier when given the choice early on in the game. i chose navi first and finished it. Now i am enjoying playing as a soldier.
The enemy AI is not the best i have seen in a game, but i am enjoying the amount of artwork gone into reproducing the stunningly beautiful planet of pandora. I can't put it down and wish i had a 3d tv.

Here is a review of it played in 3d:

"The 3D effect is honestly astounding. Journalists ducked involuntarily as branches of trees leapt out of the screen while a military drop ship sped toward its destination. Drinking in the uncanny scene, resembling a tour of a Games Workshop diorama sprung to life, this short journey was filled with high expectation indeed.

Upon touch down, however, I must confess that my heart hit the ground also. Avatar on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 is essentially a third-person shooter that will be forced to compete in the same league as Gears of War, Halo 3, Far Cry 2 (it uses the same graphics and physics engine) and, well, all of the usual suspects. James Cameron's Avatar: The Game does change the face of videogames, just not the soul.

Absolutely I was transfixed by the ground-breaking 3D theatre being staged on the next generation JVC display. The tale end of the drop ship almost poking me on the nose as it waggled left and right through the jungle canopy. Similarly the other vehicles, resembling jeeps and elaborate gun-laden dune buggies, had a bizarre plastic model-kit quality about them. I felt as though I could reach out into the lush forestation and pick them up, brushing my hand on surrounding foliage.

When human soldiers encounter a Hammerhead, a Pandoran behemoth that looks to be a cross between a rhino and hammerhead shark, its 3D form is breathtaking. This imposing creature looks absolutely like muscle and bone writhing inside bullet-proof skin and armoured plates. Firing rocket launchers into its hide, watching the smoke trail arc quite naturally into the distance, becomes hypnotic like a fireworks display.

Deeper into the jungle terrain the lighting becomes softer and darker, shades of blue instead of green, as tiny luminescent creatures dance in the air. Beneath your soldier's feet there are many fish swimming in shallow waters, all picked out convincingly in exquisite 3D. I tried to shoot them. You can't.

We're describing a graphics technology here, not a game. Apart from an Experience Point system that will lead to character upgrades, and the choice between human or Na'vi character to complete missions from Act Two onwards, Avatar could be almost any shooter albeit one hugely benefiting from a James Cameron created universe.

More importantly, the kind of technology required to show Avatar in this way is not commercially available until spring 2010. And even then it will be out of reach for most pockets, especially with everyone still surviving what's left of the recession.

Avatar, then: The best game you'll never see?"

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/blog/article/6564/

Has anyone else played it yet, and what was your opinions?
Re: Avatar. The Game by texazzpete(m): 9:51pm On Jan 23, 2010
All the reviews are unanimous.
Re: Avatar. The Game by kosovo(m): 11:22pm On Jan 23, 2010
texazzpete:

All the reviews are unanimous.

I totally agree, But the Film is EPIC!!!
Re: Avatar. The Game by ugo2u(m): 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2010
game developers never learn, GREAT MOVIE=CRAPPY GAME
Re: Avatar. The Game by kosovo(m): 11:49pm On Jan 23, 2010
ugo_2u:

game developers never learn, GREAT MOVIE=CRAPPY GAME
And GREAT GAME = CRAPPY MOVIE.
Thats why i fear for Metal gear solid: the movie,
Re: Avatar. The Game by mantraa: 11:58pm On Jan 23, 2010
Have you actually played it or are you just going by the initial online reviews?

I too thought it would be rubbish but was pleasantly surprised after i bought it.
Most of the reviews of people who are playing it agree that it is a good game and is not given enough credit.

For example look at the amazon customer reviews from those that bought it.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/James-Camerons-Avatar-Game-Xbox/dp/B002HHM0YS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I think the thing i like most about it is flying around the open world scenery of pandora in high definition. It is one of the most stunningly beautiful and imaginative alien worlds i have seen in a game.
If you have played it did you prefer playing as a soldier or the navi? I prefered playing as a soldier because it is a much more hostile environment, and you can use all the futuristic military hardware. I'm still trying to complete all the sector challenges in different parts of the planet.
Re: Avatar. The Game by texazzpete(m): 9:21pm On Jan 24, 2010
mantraa:

Have you actually played it or are you just going by the initial online reviews?

I too thought it would be rubbish but was pleasantly surprised after i bought it.
Most of the reviews of people who are playing it agree that it is a good game and is not given enough credit.

For example look at the amazon customer reviews from those that bought it.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/James-Camerons-Avatar-Game-Xbox/dp/B002HHM0YS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I think the thing i like most about it is flying around the open world scenery of pandora in high definition. It is one of the most stunningly beautiful and imaginative alien worlds i have seen in a game.
If you have played it did you prefer playing as a soldier or the navi? I prefered playing as a soldier because it is a much more hostile environment, and you can use all the futuristic military hardware. I'm still trying to complete all the sector challenges in different parts of the planet.

All ou're doing is talking on and on about the graphics. And graphics aren't everything. It's not that bad a game but it's mediocre at best.
You'd be best served using your money to play Bayonetta instead.
Re: Avatar. The Game by mantraa: 11:33am On Jan 25, 2010
Bayonetta is a completely different type of game, looks similar to Dante's inferno. Not really my kind of game, but each to their own.
Re: Avatar. The Game by Gamine(f): 3:27pm On Jan 25, 2010
Tried playing it, started dozing.
Not engaging at all!
I surely wont recommend this to anyone
Re: Avatar. The Game by ritchboy(m): 4:36pm On Jan 27, 2010
The worst game i have played in my life bar none cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Mortal Combat / Anyone Here Plays Halo 2 Online / Just Joined This Forum :)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.