Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Should I Give My Car Key To The Policeman Or Not??? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should I Give My Car Key To The Policeman Or Not??? (1571 Views)

N90million Koenigsegg Regera’s Key Is The Most Expensive Car Key In The World / What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? / Now You Can Pay For Items With This Newly Launched Car Key (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Give My Car Key To The Policeman Or Not??? by despeakableme: 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2017
I am sure this same question goes through the minds of many Nigerians when they are being held in a checkpoint (which is said to be illegal) by the Nigerian Police Force, and the policeman asks for the drivers key. So please, to the lawyers in the house, should we give our car key to the NPF

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Car Key To The Policeman Or Not??? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2017
Wrong thread.. I don't even have a single room key..

Anyways, all upcoming artist on this platform should show love to your fellow up and comming, kindly copy and paste below to trend on your social medias' a new coming track scheduled to release on 1st july and record label please, he hopes for a great and better label.. Thanks

#dozanbamz_high_go Anticipate
Re: Should I Give My Car Key To The Policeman Or Not??? by tutuwater(m): 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2017
despeakableme:
I am sure this same question goes through the minds of many Nigerians when they are being held in a checkpoint (which is said to be illegal) by the Nigerian Police Force, and the policeman asks for the drivers key. So please, to the lawyers in the house, should we give our car key to the NPF

I once didn't because my papers were complete.
Anyway they insisted and I said let us proceed to the police station.
My only offense is that my drivers license was not with me.
We got to the police station. I packed the car and told them. I will go ahead and pick my drivers license and I am not dropping my car keys..
Then I remembered that even though what they are doing is illegal. I better cooperate before they implicate me in something that I didn't do.
Re: Should I Give My Car Key To The Policeman Or Not??? by despeakableme: 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
Whizpeter:
Sometimes, for ya own safety, just drop it!

But if you have a small drop of werey in you, even if it is just 1ml, no gree, if them shout too much, enter ya car and zoom off!

Most times, I try as much as possible not to step out of the car

Hahaha.. with with all dose deir AK46's abi whatever its called wey we no dey know if bullet dey am... to zoom off no be option.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Car Key To The Policeman Or Not??? by louken(m): 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2017
I once faced a similar situation. I wasn't so sure whether to release my key or not but later decided to submit key. I later asked a police friend and he said they had no right to ask for my key.
Re: Should I Give My Car Key To The Policeman Or Not??? by lonelydora: 6:35am On Jun 17, 2017
I can drop the key, but what I don't allow no matter the situation is a policeman/touts/task force driving my car to anywhere. I politely tell them I will go to anywhere with them but I will be the one to drive the car.

Dropping key is not a problem but them driving the car is the problem.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give My Car Key To The Policeman Or Not??? by nuelzy: 9:34am On Jun 18, 2017
despeakableme:

Hahaha.. with with all dose deir AK46's abi whatever its called wey we no dey know if bullet dey am... to zoom off no be option.
any officer u see on the road with a riffle...has a loaded magazine ...so to avoid stories that touch..., zooming off ain't an option...

plus.. its not wrong to give them ur keys....trust me...their are more than 70 traffic/road worthiness offences...as a person u can not escape all of them...the best is just co-operate with them..and get off
Re: Should I Give My Car Key To The Policeman Or Not??? by louken(m): 10:40am On Jun 18, 2017
Which section of the law permits a policeman to seize your car key? What business do they have with your key? If they are impounding your vehicle, that is a different thing. And in that case, what offences warrant a policeman to impound your vehicle; what are the procedures; are the police authorized to impound your vehicle and if that is the case, wouldn't they take the car to their station instead of collecting your key and keeping you waiting on the high way?
I think this topic should be moved to the front page so people will contribute more

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

URGENT! Toyota Camry Security Issues. Kindly Read And Advice. / What's Your Highest Speed? / See The Monster Oshkosh JLTVs That Will Part-replace The Iconic Humvees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.