Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,377 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

“i’m Not Trying To Do What Fela Has Done” – Wizkid - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “i’m Not Trying To Do What Fela Has Done” – Wizkid (777 Views)

‘finally Done!’ Wizkid Says His Album, ‘made In Lagos’ Is Done / Ice Prince: I’m Looking For A Wife Now, I’m Not Trying To Play Games Anymore / What Fela Said About Biafra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“i’m Not Trying To Do What Fela Has Done” – Wizkid by craix(m): 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2017
Nigerian superstar, Wizkid born Ayodeji Balogun has addressed reports that he is trying to live his life like the late legendary Nigerian singer, Fela Anikulapo Kuti.

Wizkid in his interview with Hunger Magazine, revealed that he is indeed content with his African
fan base and not really trying to cross over into America.

He further added that although he idolizes Fela, he is not trying to live like the late legendary singer.

Read excerpts from the interview below:

On being labeled the face of Afro-beats:
I’m not really seeing myself as the one champion of the movement. I’m just contributing my own little part. Keep the movement moving, and take it there, you know?

I’d say we make Afro-pop. I don’t just make Afro-beats… I make music. I draw inspiration from all over. From dance hall reggae, Afro-beat, American music as well. Whatever I listen to, I draw inspiration from.

On the lofty expectations from his music on the international scene:
The aim is not really to cross over. I just want to make good music for the world. It’s really not in my mind to cross over to America. I have my own fan base, which is Africa. And I just want to keep feeding that fan base and hope it grows.

source:http://www.thenaijaface.com/2017/06/im-not-trying-to-do-what-fela-has-done.html

Re: “i’m Not Trying To Do What Fela Has Done” – Wizkid by WotzupNG: 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2017
Hope wizkid is not allowing those american drug addict musicians to force him to snort.
Re: “i’m Not Trying To Do What Fela Has Done” – Wizkid by ekensi01: 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2017
Who go dash you self. Mtcheww
Re: “i’m Not Trying To Do What Fela Has Done” – Wizkid by soulfood(m): 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
Let's start with a simple question to evaluate you for the task. Which instrument can you play?
Re: “i’m Not Trying To Do What Fela Has Done” – Wizkid by Evablizin(f): 3:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
HUNGER MAGAZINE KAI HUNGER BAD.Lols

(1) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa Pictured In Bikini While Crusing On A Boat In Spain / Justinbeiber Accidentally Hits A Paparazzi After A Church Service (Photos&Video) / Wizkid Fight A Man At A Club In Lagos For Snapping And Taking Picture Of Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.