Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

How You Can Utilise Your Wood After Decking,renter And Parapet. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How You Can Utilise Your Wood After Decking,renter And Parapet. (476 Views)

What Is Happening To My Decking? / Wood Work For Aluminium Parapet Get Us Connected / New Method of Parapet (Concrete Fascia) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How You Can Utilise Your Wood After Decking,renter And Parapet. by unipol(m): 6:42pm On Jun 16, 2017
I am here to discuss, learn and share idea on the uses of used wood after decking or parapet. some are suggesting that I can sale it while others are suggesting that I can use same wood for the second decking. So apart from using it as firewood, is there any other benefits of used woods?
Re: How You Can Utilise Your Wood After Decking,renter And Parapet. by mufutau55(m): 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
unipol:
I am here to discuss, learn and share idea on the uses of used wood after decking or parapet. some are suggesting that I can sale it while others are suggesting that I can use same wood for the second decking. So apart from using it as firewood, is there any other benefits of used woods?

If you laid plastic sheet on the woods during the decking formation, you can still reuse the wood or by selling it to next person doing decking too... because the plastic will protect the wood from cement water. My last project, the wood was rented from a carpenter who already used it in another decking work... and they were still strong because of the plastic laid. I hate when we use wood once and we had to use it for fire-wood.
In modern world, they use steel/iron sheets for this or just precast concrete decking joined in pieces.

Hajji M.
Re: How You Can Utilise Your Wood After Decking,renter And Parapet. by unipol(m): 10:15pm On Jun 17, 2017
mufutau55:

If you laid plastic sheet on the woods during the decking formation, you can still reuse the wood or by selling it to next person doing decking too... because the plastic will protect the wood from cement water. My last project, the wood was rented from a carpenter who already used it in another decking work... and they were still strong because of the plastic laid. I hate when we use wood once and we had to use it for fire-wood.
In modern world, they use steel/iron sheets for this or just precast concrete decking joined in pieces.
Hajji M.

Thanks for ur input.

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Do Pls? / Christal Villa 1.5m In New Dubai Of Africa . See Video&discount / 2 And 3 Bedroom Apartments For Lease At Coconut Groove, VI (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.