Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,726 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure (6337 Views)

Haulage Contract That Needs 70k And Get 200k In 15 Weeks / Granite Haulage Contract; Tipper/trailer Trucks Needed / Juicy Haulage Contract: Haulage Trucks Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 24, 2010
Please I'm about to venture into the petroleum haulage business. Can anyone with useful knowledge assist me with some tips on how go into contract with buyers. what are the technical terms involved? I intend to begin as an independent marketer. personally I dont think I'll honour an order that will require me to supply products without any sort of guarantee. You understand what I mean?
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by stagger: 3:11pm On Jan 25, 2010
If you are talking of haulage, you do not need to go into all these technicalities. As soon as you fulfill the requirements for registering your truck and driver with the depot/refinery, you are usually paid CASH to haul products.
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by tboss2(m): 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2010
@Lexio, What is the number of trucks on your fleet? What sort of guarantee do you have in mind? You could become a transporter with some of the reputable oil companies if your trucks are in top shape.
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 25, 2010
@ Stagger

Thanks a lot Stagger. I was thinking that such things as BG will have to come in and all that stuff.

@ t-boss
I'm starting with a truck for now. Hence the need to go independent. I want to go into hauge fuul time and not some sub-contracts that may give unfavorable conditions.
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by tboss2(m): 7:59am On Jan 26, 2010
@lexio
Based on your response, its better you stick to cash and carry hauling and no you don't need a BG.

I wish you the best in you venture.
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2010
Even if you decide to be Independent for now, you still need to register your truck with NUPENG in order for you to be allowed to load in any depot across the country. Also the business is not all that easy as you need to have a depot rep that will help you to monitor the truck and also solicit for customers. Most of the depots are crowded with trucks as almost all marketers and drivers now have trucks hence it is now very competitive but dont let that scare you as you can break in with good price advantage over others.

You can also attach the truck to any NUPENG official for loading advantages but it is not free as you have to settle them.
Another possibility for you is to attach it to any of the transporters with the Major Marketers like Oando. Mobil,Total , AP.

You also have to be on ground to monitor your truck even if you have a depot rep as they can connive together to be using the truck without your knowledge. However it is possible for you to install a tracker on the truck.

Please dont let this scare you. It is a good business. All the best of luck.
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 27, 2010
@ t-boss
Thanks for your advise. I really do appreciate.

@ NEIGHBOUR
I really do appreciate your response. It's a very useful information you have released to me. Thank you very much.
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by ibidapko(m): 12:22pm On Jan 28, 2010
Hey guys,

Can anyone advice on how much it will cost to acquire a 33,000 litre tanker with a Mack tractor head. New and fairly used.

Thx
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by NEIGHBOUR(m): 1:33pm On Jan 28, 2010
FOR A STANDARD GRADE A TRUCK, YOU SHOULD BUDGET BTW 10 -12 ML. BUT YOU CAN ALSO BUY THE MARK TRUCK HEAD WHICH SHOULD BE BTW 5 TO 7 ML AND THEN BUY OR CONSTRUCT A TANK AND THEN COUPLE TOGETHER. A GOOD LOCALLY FABRICATED TANK OF 33,000 CAPACITY CAN COST BTW 3-5ML.

DAF IS ALSO A GOOD TRUCK AND LESS EXPENSIVE TO MAINTAIN. IT IS ALSO CHEAPER THAN MARK. ALL THE BEST.
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by stagger: 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2010
Great posts by neighbour on this thread. Highly constructive and informative.

1 Like

Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by NEIGHBOUR(m): 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2010
@STAGGER, THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS.
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by ibidapko(m): 3:44pm On Jan 28, 2010
Neighbour,

Do you have any idea of a good source of toks tanker of 33,000 to 35,000 ltrs?. I have seen some on the road and they look splendid.
Also any locally used one for sale your end?
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by NEIGHBOUR(m): 4:41pm On Jan 28, 2010
AT YOUR SPARE TIME YOU CAN DRIVE ALONG APAPA/OSHODI EXPRESS, THERE ARE SOME GOOD TRUCKS IMPORTED AND DISPLAYED FOR SALE. YOU CAN ALSO TRY ''EUROPE TRUCKS LTD'' LOCATED BY THE OLD TOLL GATE, LAGOS/IBADAN EXPRESS BEFORE THE LAGOS STATE SECRETARIAT. THEY HAVE SOME GOOD TRUCKS.

PLEASE DONT GO ALONE TO INSPECT OR BUY ANY TRUCK. GO WITH A MECHANIC WITH GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF THE TYPE OF TRUCK YOU WANT TO BUY.

AS A STARTER, I WILL ADVISE YOU NOT TO BUY NIGERIAN USED TRUCK,YOU CAN IMAGINE OUR ROAD NETWORK AND THE RECKLESSNESS OF SOME OF THESE DRIVERS. THE TRUCKS MIGHT HAVE BEEN OVERUSED AND SIMPLY OVERHAULED IN ORDER TO SELL IT. I WILL NOT WANT YOU TO REGRET INVESTING IN IT.

AS PER CAPACITY,THE DPR/PPMC RECOGNISED VOLUME FOR THE LIFTING OF PRODUCTS IS 33,000 LTRS USED BY MAJOR MARKETERS AND 33,000 LTRS FOR INDEPENDENT MARKETERS. THERE IS NO NEED USING 35,000 LTRS PRESENTLY USED BY SOME NORTHERN TRANSPORTERS. IT WOULD HAVE EFFECTS ON THE AXLES.

ALL THE BEST OF LUCK.
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by NEIGHBOUR(m): 4:48pm On Jan 28, 2010
@IBIDAPKO, A point of correction, the DPR/PPMC approved volume for Independent Marketers' truck is 30,000 ltrs. especially if they are lifting products from PPMC DEPOTS located accross the country.
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by Kafin(m): 2:47am On Jan 29, 2010
@ Stagger and Neighbour,

I will be greatfull for your contributions on this thread about servicing the Haulage industry.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-370035.0.html

TIA
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by NEIGHBOUR(m): 7:37pm On Jan 30, 2010
@Kafin, I have sent in a comment .
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by marocguy(m): 8:38am On Jan 31, 2010
People abeg i want to enter haulage business. I have someone willing to invest 7.5 million,he is living in u.k. He requests a business proposal to convince him. Please can anyone help me with a gud proposal to convince him. Secondly will the money he enough for truck purchase and nupeng registration and everyother requisite? Thirdly can i tell him to purchase the truck head over there and send it to nigeria to save costs? Please i would love to get any information i would need. I am a beginner and a young man in my early 20's,just through wit n.y.s.c,lastly can i manage it,considering my age and level?
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by EVERWIN(m): 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2010
@marocguy Want to get europe trucks direct from Belgium-Germany, mail me if you need truckhead (MAN-MERCEDES-IVECO) and semi-trailers for fuel haulage.
If your Buyer is from UK, I can present him the trucks if he comes here.
Shipping from my place (ANTWERP)
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by Megadeals: 1:28am On Feb 07, 2010
marocguy:

People abeg i want to enter haulage business. I have someone willing to invest 7.5 million,he is living in u.k. He requests a business proposal to convince him. Please can anyone help me with a gud proposal to convince him. Secondly will the money he enough for truck purchase and nupeng registration and everyother requisite? Thirdly can i tell him to purchase the truck head over there and send it to nigeria to save costs? Please i would love to get any information i would need. I am a beginner and a young man in my early 20's,just through wit n.y.s.c,lastly can i manage it,considering my age and level?

In my opinion, be honest. Tell him straight up that you don't know too much about haulage business. Don't try to gamble with other people's money, it's not easy to come by.
Put yourself in his shoes and do the right thing. Why would you want somebody to invest 7.5m in you to manage a business you know very little about?

1 Like

Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by Nobody: 5:19am On Aug 27, 2010
You no wan make the boy chop? Which kin question be dat? Please Everwin, learn as mujch as you can on the business. Buy a manual by stagger or one of these NL oil gurus. It's not rocket science. grin
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by larryhomie(m): 4:50am On Aug 28, 2010
Nice deal. I can offer some help. See the websites befoere i see Obilor
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by wazobia1: 1:40am On Jan 13, 2011
DO YOU NEED A FLAT BED TRAILER TO HOOK UP TO YOU MACK / IVECO/DAF TRUCK TO START MAKING MONEY TODAY? WELL LOOK NO FURTHER WE ARE THE TRAILER PEOPLE AND SELL ALL STEEL FLAT BED TRAILERS 40 - 53 FT.

We currently have several 40ft Flat bed trailers for sale. Interested parties should email summitentnigltd@gmail.com. The price is N2.5M - N3.5M price to sell quickly initially we had 5 on the market currently we have only 2 left. It is on a first come first serve basis.
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by spotball(m): 12:56am On Dec 05, 2011
this is very interesting. if i were to be an independent marketer, do i just go to any depot, register there, reg with nupeng ? before i can load ? if i may ask how do one source for customers and what does it take to lift petroleum product for total, oando etc
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by balarabe01(m): 6:18am On May 27, 2012
cool wow nice topic men,i hear stories of trucks,haulage,ppmc,marketers,nupeng,waybill etc yet i know little abt it.Please am a medical doctor but i want to switch to petrol business directly,am very young and hasnt made enough yet.But i want to take control of my destiny.anyone that can lead me into the business pls contact me on +2348032580485 or drabdulh@gmail.com I'll be waiting to hear from you pals.God bless us all.
Re: Help: Petroleum Haulage Contract Procedure by esejata: 10:14pm On Jun 23, 2013
Someone should please tell me the minimum number of trucks, model and manufacture year allow from an individual who wants to register with the petroleum major marketers like Total, AP, Oando, Texaco, Mobil etc. I will appreciate it if somebody can give me specifics on how to go about it. I want to venture into the haulage business.
esejata10@yahoo.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Make Money With CLICKBANK / I Have 7K Which Business Can I Venture Into? / The World Highest Currency is Bitcoin:all The Things You Need To Know About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.