Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate (12271 Views)

Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Rises To 12.82% In July, As Food Prices Surge / Inflation Rate Rises From 11.14% To 11.23% In August – NBS / Traders From Chad, Cameroon And Niger Rush To Kebbi For Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by rodeo0070(m): 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2017
The National Bureau of Statistics reported earlier in the week that the inflation rate for May was 16.25%. This is the lowest inflation rate since May 2015 signifying to some, that prices of goods and service might be moderating. While some might not agree, the data also throws up some interesting data about states.

Lowest inflation rate

According to the NBS data the state with the lowest inflation rate in Nigeria is Kogi State, with inflation rate as low as 5.3%. Interestingly, Benue State which is just right beside it, has an inflation rate of 13.9%. Bayelsa State was the next least state with about 11.7% inflation rate, while Imo, Abia and Lagos State are next with 13.3%, 13.7% and 13.8% respectively.

Highest Inflation rate

The data reveals Bauchi State has the highest inflation rate with a whopping 21.9% for the month of May 2017. The state was however 26th in Food Inflation at 17.42% which suggest it’s problem is not the cost of food but other items such as transportation, health, communication and other issues that you can find in core inflation.

Sokoto, Ebonyi, Nasarawa and Plateau state make up the next on the least as depicted in the chart above.

In terms of food inflation, Nasarawa State came tops as the state with the highest food inflation rate (25.19%). Interestingly war ravaged Borno State has an inflation rate of 16.20% and food inflation rate of 17.16%.

Source: https://brandspurng.com/top-5-nassarawa-delta-ebonyi-sokoto-and-niger-have-the-highest-food-inflation-rate-nbs/

1 Share

Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 18, 2017
FALSE.. I live in Nasarawa and i tell you... this study Is trash.

meanwhile you guys should check this out.....
10 Unbelievable And Shocking Facts About Nigeria Today

1 Like

Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by BossOluwendy(m): 7:24am On Jun 18, 2017
R
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by jojothaiv(m): 7:24am On Jun 18, 2017
Okay!
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by hrykanu231(m): 7:24am On Jun 18, 2017
Na WA o
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by cherr(f): 7:24am On Jun 18, 2017
[s][/s] Buhari, step down as soon as possible kiss

11 Likes

Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by seunny4lif(m): 7:24am On Jun 18, 2017
Happy Sunday my people
Oya make I go read wetin OP post
Booking of space now
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by NifemiKolade(m): 7:24am On Jun 18, 2017
Wie are we heading to in dis nation?

God bless Nigeria....
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by abels(m): 7:24am On Jun 18, 2017
Hmmm.. FTC?
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by olaniyi0(m): 7:25am On Jun 18, 2017
ok
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by olaniyi0(m): 7:25am On Jun 18, 2017
nib
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by johnp2(m): 7:25am On Jun 18, 2017
Garri price done reduce? shocked
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by maberry(m): 7:26am On Jun 18, 2017
Rivers state suppose dey top 3
Who compile this list sef? angry

6 Likes

Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by sundilazo(m): 7:26am On Jun 18, 2017
what should I comment now oooo
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by chrisdstar1: 7:27am On Jun 18, 2017
Aeeee feeeee ceeeee........... Shenge!!!

It is said that a people gets the kind of govt they deserve.
Baba when you dey come back? Cos me I wan join you travel cos I know you'll travel again.

Sai baba!!!

1 Like

Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by BossOluwendy(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2017
True about the Northeast states, inflation is high there and I think that's due to the insurgency facing them there.

2 Likes

Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by GavelSlam: 7:28am On Jun 18, 2017
sundilazo:
what should I comment now oooo

Wait for others to give you idea.
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by adecz: 7:29am On Jun 18, 2017
All this fake "statistics" that
tells you nothing &
changes nothing ..... undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by MrImole: 7:29am On Jun 18, 2017
The way and manner this bureau of statistics dey lie is alarming?

Which state has the highest condom inflation rate?
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by oshe11: 7:29am On Jun 18, 2017
If Delta no dey there na Who go dey? undecided

But Kaduna tinx high too oooo

A mudu of "White" Garri is 700 naira oooo
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by ayogozie(m): 7:29am On Jun 18, 2017
Ebonyi my home state always make fp since buhari enter uk

1 Like

Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by oshe11: 7:30am On Jun 18, 2017
abels:
Hmmm.. FTC?

U mean fifteenth to COMMENT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by sakalisis(m): 7:33am On Jun 18, 2017
sad shocked
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by LordVoldemort(m): 7:35am On Jun 18, 2017
cherr:
Buhari, die as soon as possible kiss

What goes around comes around

Becareful what you wish for brother

11 Likes

Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by finnestdope(m): 7:37am On Jun 18, 2017
Proudly Eboyian

1 Like

Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by ucheuzor1(m): 7:37am On Jun 18, 2017
uzoclinton:
True... I live in Nasarawa ans the main reason the streets get flooded whenever it rains is because our generian Governor has refused to give us a proper drainage system... infact Most streets don't even have drainage talk more of a proper one....

They said food not flood....food food food!!!
Wetin concern man concern flood.

6 Likes

Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by Luvdk(f): 7:39am On Jun 18, 2017
Where's Buhari the vegetable
Is he dead
I wonder what's still keeping him alive sad
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by tollulope080(m): 7:46am On Jun 18, 2017
NBS why youdey lie, kogi state with lowest inflation rate and we kogites are shouting of food prices been exorbitant how do u come about ur compilation NBS
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by Chikelue2000(m): 7:50am On Jun 18, 2017
uzoclinton:
True... I live in Nasarawa ans the main reason the streets get flooded whenever it rains is because our generian Governor has refused to give us a proper drainage system... infact Most streets don't even have drainage talk more of a proper one....

me live in Nasarawa, Lafia precisely
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by free2ryhme: 7:50am On Jun 18, 2017
rodeo0070:
The National Bureau of Statistics reported earlier in the week that the inflation rate for May was 16.25%. This is the lowest inflation rate since May 2015 signifying to some, that prices of goods and service might be moderating. While some might not agree, the data also throws up some interesting data about states.

Lowest inflation rate

According to the NBS data the state with the lowest inflation rate in Nigeria is Kogi State, with inflation rate as low as 5.3%. Interestingly, Benue State which is just right beside it, has an inflation rate of 13.9%. Bayelsa State was the next least state with about 11.7% inflation rate, while Imo, Abia and Lagos State are next with 13.3%, 13.7% and 13.8% respectively.

Highest Inflation rate

The data reveals Bauchi State has the highest inflation rate with a whopping 21.9% for the month of May 2017. The state was however 26th in Food Inflation at 17.42% which suggest it’s problem is not the cost of food but other items such as transportation, health, communication and other issues that you can find in core inflation.

Sokoto, Ebonyi, Nasarawa and Plateau state make up the next on the least as depicted in the chart above.

In terms of food inflation, Nasarawa State came tops as the state with the highest food inflation rate (25.19%). Interestingly war ravaged Borno State has an inflation rate of 16.20% and food inflation rate of 17.16%.

Source: https://brandspurng.com/top-5-nassarawa-delta-ebonyi-sokoto-and-niger-have-the-highest-food-inflation-rate-nbs/

and the import of the would be ? undecided
Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by lanreabbey(m): 7:52am On Jun 18, 2017
uzoclinton:

na food o..no be flood grin

1 Like

Re: Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 18, 2017
lanreabbey:

na food o..no be flood grin
lol... I no hold my glasses here

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need A Biz To Do With My 24hours Uninterrupted Power Supply / Dropshipping On Konga--- #2.3million in 2 Months / Naira Exchanges At Record-low, N510 A Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.