Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) (2475 Views)

My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man / Kenyan Man Takes His Mother To Harvard University 24 Years After His Graduation / Woman Seeks Divorce Over Naming Ceremonies Without Rams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by Explorers(m): 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
At CaroMont Regional MedicalCenter in North Carolina, some very special mini-ceremonies are taking place, honoring and celebrating the lives of premature babies.

Once the newborns are about to leave the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), they get a personalized graduation cap and a portrait.

“It’s just for babies born at 34 weeks of gestation or earlier.

When they leave, it’s a huge accomplishment not only for the baby but parents as well,” Melissa Jordan, a nurse at CaroMont Regional Medical Center told Buzzfeed.

“The program was started as a way to celebrate this milestone in the babies’ lives.”

Jordan was inspired to do this after spending time with a vulnerable baby who was born just at 29 weeks.

“The day he got discharged, we gathered staff and we went in singing and dancing and gave him his cap and his parents just smiled ear to ear that’s when we knew it was something we wanted to keep doing for other families,”

Jordan said.

“Leaving the NICU can be joyful but also scary and nerve-wracking, so this was our way of bringing a little normalcy to taking the baby home,” Jordan said.

http://www.boredpanda.com/premature-nicu-babies-graduation-ceremony-caromont-north-carolina/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by Explorers(m): 5:36pm On Jun 17, 2017
The cap is made of foam sheets with a message that indicates the number of days the baby has stayed in NICU and that the baby has a whole life-time ahead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by Explorers(m): 5:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
To date, 14 babies have graduated, including three sets of twins.

Melissa and her colleagues have a small wish:

“Eventually, we hope to make a wall of graduates with these photos because it can also help give new parents in the NICU a little hope and reassurance,” she said.

1 Like

Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by roqrules04(m): 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
Beautiful creatures

2 Likes

Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by christaddicted: 5:56pm On Jun 17, 2017
Awwww
Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by Damoxy(m): 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2017
Awesome
Is Minister of Health on dz Forum?
Make dem start dz for Nigeria too

I know say dey go use am do corruption

1 Like

Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
They are so special and precious. Kisses to all of them. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by Rigging(m): 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
cuties

1 Like

Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by cyojunior1(m): 7:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
And many have died !

1 Like

Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by Oluwashegunnn(m): 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
cyojunior1:
And many have died !
u talk without thinking....u just type whatever comes to your silly brain..even if it is gibberish

7 Likes

Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by LOGDAN(m): 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
So beautiful kiss

1 Like

Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by cyojunior1(m): 8:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
Oluwashegunnn:
u talk without thinking....u just type whatever comes to your silly brain..even if it is gibberish

So why are u barking like an infected dog !

Tell me u can't do anything without bashing?
Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by sisisioge: 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
Wow! How very cute! Praise be to God! Kudos to the doctors! Warm hugs to the parents! Badges of honour to the graduates grin

2 Likes

Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by Destined2win: 8:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
sisisioge:
Wow! How very cute! Praise be to God! Kudos to the doctors! Warm hugs to the parents! Badges of honour to the graduates grin
Sugar I sent you a mail yesterday
Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by sisisioge: 8:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
Destined2win:
Sugar I sent you a mail yesterday

Oh really? I didn't get it.
Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by Destined2win: 8:50pm On Jun 17, 2017
sisisioge:

Oh really? I didn't get it.
...and it not in ur spam?
Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by sisisioge: 8:53pm On Jun 17, 2017
Destined2win:
...and it not in ur spam?

No...I checked my bra too. I swearit, nothing is there grin
Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by Destined2win: 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2017
sisisioge:

No...I checked my bra too. I swearit, nothing is there grin
grin

No nah it can't be in ur bra. I will resend it on Monday
Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by Efewestern: 9:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
cyojunior1:
And many have died !
this is not nice believe me.
Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by dhebo(m): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
look at how they look lovely kiss..nothing beats the facial expression of babies...was two months and some days behind also..we are born fighters wink

1 Like

Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 18, 2017
They look so adorable kiss
Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by austine4real(m): 7:13am On Jun 18, 2017
grin grin

See cute babies.

Abeg I wan born oo

To give woman belle dey hungry me

Re: Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) by AyamConfidence(m): 7:41am On Jun 18, 2017
cyojunior1:

So why are u barking like an infected dog !

Tell me u can't do anything without bashing?
oga just admit that you are a thoughtless fool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Adultery Forgivable / Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo" / My Wife Steals Money From Me Always.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.