Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,744 members, 7,837,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

I Paid $1.2m To Evans: James Uduji - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Paid $1.2m To Evans: James Uduji (912 Views)

EFCC Re-arraigns American Over $1.2m ‘green Card Fraud’ / Abba Kyari Reacts To Evans' Torture Claim / One Of Evans' Victim Narrates Ordeal & Reveals He Paid $1.2m Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Paid $1.2m To Evans: James Uduji by Bravo123: 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2017
James Uduji, the Chairman of Cometstar Cable Manufacturing Limited was kidnapped by the Evans gang for 42 days in 2015. And to get his freedom, he paid the gang $1.2m, the highest ransom ever paid by any of Evans victims.

Uduji narrates his traumatic experience:

How he Was Kidnapped

On September 2015, as I was coming back from my factory in Agbara to my home in Festac, arriving Seventh Avenue, I saw four gunmen. They stopped in front of my vehicle and started shooting while I was with my two drivers in my Hilux pickup.

I was sitting at the back, thinking they were policemen. I was wondering why they were shooting and charging at us not knowing that they were kidnappers. In the process, they shot us, me and two of my drivers but luckily, nobody died. I still have a bullet in my body.

By the time I realized they were kidnappers, they dragged me out of my vehicle to their own Lexus 470 Jeep. Inside their Jeep, there were lots of arms and ammunition inside a box. They had another box at the back where they put me in.

Four guys were inside that Jeep, well-armed, even the driver had his own AK-47 rifle. They drove past Festac Link Bridge to Amowu-Odofin, around 4:30 pm as if they were going to Okota. Later, they came out to Oshodi -Apapa Expressway. By this time, they had not blindfolded me but they pushed my head down, lying bare on the floor of the car. One of them just held me as I was seriously bleeding. I never knew I would survive this. I couldn’t remember the places they took me to because I was lying down.

After a long journey, they stopped at a particular area, those guys jumped down and another group came on board and zoomed off again.

As we were going, we got to one house, they called the security guard who came and opened the gate, and they brought me out, gathered water, changed their clothes and called one doctor, whether he was quack or not, I do not know.

They told the doctor they had emergency. The doctor came, washed me and treated my wound. That was the first thing they did. Though, when we were about to get to where they wanted to take me to, they blindfolded me...

Read more http://alabingo.com/2017/06/paid-1-2m-evans-james-uduji/

Re: I Paid $1.2m To Evans: James Uduji by thesicilian: 11:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
Haha.
He thinks the police is going to start refunding all the ransom that Evans collected from his victims.
Re: I Paid $1.2m To Evans: James Uduji by jchioma: 11:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
Oga get proof o!
Re: I Paid $1.2m To Evans: James Uduji by sunnysunny69(m): 7:36am On Jun 18, 2017
Greedy and evil Evans

(1) (Reply)

Fatal Accident At Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus (photos) / BUSTED: Suspected ‘fake’ OBA Arrested In Lagos(pictured) / 34-year-old Serial Rapist Rapes Primary 6 Pupil. See What He Used To Lure Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.