Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Church Service In 90's And Now. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Service In 90's And Now. (413 Views)

COZA Had First Physical Church Service In Abuja After Ease Of Lockdown (Photos) / Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma Holds Church Service, Dares Government On Lockdown / Two Ladies Fighting After Church Service In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Church Service In 90's And Now. by kingjoe(m): 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
I was in a spirit filled moment in service when an usher tapped me.I turned only for him to tell me to hold my phone and keys.after service I started to reminiscent on the church I attended in the 90's as a kid.how things have changed .some positive others negative .as I am patiently waiting for my food to be ready .let me try and point out some differences in service then and now. 1.Music instruments.-As an AG brought up,my hands can do wonders.we clap in various techniques. though later bands were introduced it can't be compared with now that we hardly clap. 2.Prophesies .In those days after a spirit filled worship people burst into tongues and sometimes followed by thus said the lord as the entire church will be quite .it has changed now.infact some churches will tell their members to start praising I in tongues without being led or lifted. just speak.pastor is now the only one entitled see or prophesy.I am pastor so let me prophesy to you. This week favour from an unknown person will come to you. 3.meekness and Modesty.-Christians were known for their meekness and modesty. pastor's were not left out.we looked forward to heaven.our mansions in heaven.in fact you are worldly if u don't.now pastor's have private jet.in fact we are told that we are not meant to be poor. we should have heaven on earth. dominate and be prosperous. Do you know what ?it seems it is no longer repent for the. kingdom of God is at hand but repent to have blessings from God here. it seems to be true. please lalastica add more my food is done.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Sacred Heart Of Jesus / Can Children Of God Cohabit? / You Must Change Every Demon Worshipping Name Without Apology- Bshp. Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.