Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] (35579 Views)

Poll: Who Goes To The Final

Nigeria: 76% (153 votes)
Ghana: 23% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Iyineda(m): 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2010
Also, I've been on one of Ghana's most popular football forums and I cannot but notice that they always emphasize on the fact that they are playing with their U-20 squad. 2 things to that:

- I didn't know a total of 6 players aged less than 21 could actually embody a whole 23-man squad (how about the "older" men, huh?)

- Nobody forced the coach, Milo, to select the U-20 players, I'm sure they aren't the only available A-team material that the Black Stars could pick from. . . or are they?

Anyway, be rest assured that if they beat us, it will be "Haha, our teenagers whooped your @ss, lolnaijalol".
If we win, "Meh, you self-claimed giants of Africa only managed to outdo a bunch of kids, nothing much to it".

In both cases, we have failed as far as Ghana goes.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by adejonny: 10:11pm On Jan 26, 2010
My dream comes through.

How to trash Ghana:

Enyeama

Odiah          Shittu        Echiejile          Taiwo

Ayila

Mikel                           Uche(Kanu, 80mins)

Obasi(Nsorfor, 60mins)                                Osaze

Martins (Yakubu, 75mins)

Either Taiwo is instructed never to cross the center line or Ayila is instructed to cover for Taiwo when he overlaps . Osaze and Obasi to regularly  fall back to midfield when defending.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by rasputinn(m): 10:32pm On Jan 26, 2010
Ghana will be easier than Zambia,we'll win the game in regulation time
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Olami90: 11:28pm On Jan 26, 2010
let us wait to c wot will happen
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Bennyboy11: 12:43am On Jan 27, 2010
Although Ghana is fielding a team B, Ghana vs Nigeria games have little to do with who plays as you all know. Remember ten man Ghana against Nigeria two years ago with even talentless agogo registering a goal? I am predicting a Ghana Algeria final.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by gidson12(m): 1:18am On Jan 27, 2010
Nigerian game is so uncertain, i'm afraid to say its a game of luck
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by jrtorrents: 1:23am On Jan 27, 2010
My people, why are you of a doubtful mind? Have faith in God and all your wish shall come to pass. I wish Nigeria "Good Luck". We are playing the final, believe.

, Hmmm who should God listen to, since bothe Nigerians and Ghanaians are praying.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by mamagee3(f): 2:23am On Jan 27, 2010
Ghana must go and take Amodu along with them. tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by rasputinn(m): 7:52am On Jan 27, 2010
adejonny:

My dream comes through.

How to trash Ghana:

Enyeama

Odiah Shittu Echiejile Taiwo

Ayila

Mikel Uche(Kanu, 80mins)

Obasi(Nsorfor, 60mins) Osaze

Martins (Yakubu, 75mins)

Either Taiwo is instructed never to cross the center line or Ayila is instructed to cover for Taiwo when he overlaps . Osaze and Obasi to regularly fall back to midfield when defending.

With your above line-up,especially the highlighted,we will LOSE the game.Taiwo has said he's happy warming the bench,he knows that's where he belongs as he's a ball watcher,he'll have all the time in the world to ball-watch
Yakubu shouls always start ahead of martins before being substituted(Martins is still nursing that calf injury)
Did you sincerely incluude Kanu in your squad?? shocked shocked shocked shocked abi na ya keyboard type am by imself??
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by rasputinn(m): 8:02am On Jan 27, 2010
We should use the team that played against Zambia,sorry I re-phrase;the team that WON Zambia(remember the cliche;NEVER change a winnig team),Chidi Odiah can come in place of Onyekachi Apam(hope we wont miss Apam too much),leave Shittu,Echiejile and Yusuf alone

Dickson Etuhu should play in DMF(except he's still tired as he was in the last game,in that case Ayila should come),Uche should should come in for Sanni Kaita(Kaita was completely jaded,fazed and dazed in that Zambia game,dude was clawing,wrestling,holding the hands and waist of the Zambian attackers I feared he'd commit a penalty or get a red card,d guy just turm mumu for field grin grin grin grin),if Uche gets tired,then Kaita can come in,BUT NEVER Kanu,he can make his moral support contribution from the bench,I love Kanu to the bone,not just because he drinks peak milk and is always DETAAARMEEN grin grin grin,but he's our most successful footballer and he has a large heart,but he has passed his prime;truth be told.

The stakes are too high now for us to allow sentiments becloud our sense of good judgement

Use the above recipe and we'll send the Ghanains home

GO EAGLES
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by ayusco: 8:41am On Jan 27, 2010
My startin xi against ghana 1)vincent E
2)elderson E
3)danny S
4)yussuf A
5)yusuf M
6)sani K
7)mikel
coolosaze
9)nsofor
10)obasi (dude must get his shit together hasn't done jack since d 1st game)
11)fatkubu- i have 2 say i even suprised myself includin him. Yes oga is lazy but @ this point there's no striker in d team who can hold on 2 d ball hence bringin r speedy 4wards into it. I also fancy martins as a super-sub. With this list i go for a 4-2-1-2-1 with osaze driftin into d middle 2
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Africason(m): 9:19am On Jan 27, 2010
Danny Shittu and Yusif will be Naija's downfall. Shittu go chop penalty give Ghana. That Shittu dude was breathless at one stage with steam gushing outa his ears, nostrils and mouth when trailing one of those little Zambian dudes tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 27, 2010
Everyone is a revered Soccer Analyst these days. It seems the SE always make the best of the worst situations.

I am a firm believer in proven methods that give repeatable results each time it is applied. it seems SE are quite the experts at employing dead-luck to their war-chest of soccer miracles since the USA 94 and Atlanta Dream Team

So if you ask me. from an Analyst point of view, it will take a similar unimaginative, lack-luster and lethargic Ghanaian team to lose to the Eagles. As a disappointed FAN, i will stick with the SE come rain, come high-weather.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by djcrucifix(m): 10:49am On Jan 27, 2010
this naija team ehn? dem be like PHCN, always on and off. as for me i'll jus keep my fingers crossed cos i don't even think i'm going to watch the match in the first place.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by ochukoccna: 10:52am On Jan 27, 2010
@ Monday's match-[size=38pt]What a Pyrrhic Victory, Such a hollow conquest![/size] angry angry angry

I've read through some comments and see everyone [well most people] is  jumping upon the bandwagon of the labored display of the Nigerian Nation Team @ the current Nations Cup in Angola [sorry I can't call them Super cos that is missing from the team and their play] because they are now in the semis. Yet this is an even bigger pointer to the general Nigerian malaise i.e. patch up the leaks& don't rock the boat. keep the peace as long as we can drag it along. Is that not what is playing out on the national political stage when it is obvious what we need is a Sovereign National Conference to address our ills. yet this is football not politics. I agree that @ times a great team scrapes through results but if we want to use this excuse to paper over the obvious cracks we are just been clever in half. Ghana is the nation that has benefited the most from this Nations Cup seeing she has blooded about half of the victorious U20 World Cup winning squad @ senior international competetive level. What does that tell you? Just One word
[size=18pt]Continuity![/size]
and keen competition for her WC bound squad. Where is our WC & Olympics silver winning squad?
By Amodu's standard they can't cut the grade @ senior international football yet.
Amodu fortuitously took Ogbuke to Angola and the lad has proved himself to be one of our best players @ Angola.
He said the home based players are just training materials for our European bench warmers yet the Egyptian team is people by players Kano Pillars beat in the CAF Champions league while Algeria too is packed with local based players.
We may go on to win the Nation's Cup but even that is just a stamp upon Nigeria's mediocrity like our semi final qualification.
But Amodu didn't put himself there, he was appointed by some goons who don't understand the meaning of vision in football nor have a ruminant's sense on how to properly administer football.

But regardless of this all, Nigerians will still celebrate just like we applauded the silver our [size=18pt]olden eaglets undecided[/size] gave us earlier this year.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by jpphilips(m): 10:59am On Jan 27, 2010
[b]It baffles me how Nigerians think sometimes,
I hardly can believe that people in their correct senses will be eulogizing this farce called super Eagles.
has anyone bothered to ask where NFF gets these their players from?
All we see at the wake of a tournament are people from nowhere, even if they are fortunate to be playing in foreign leagues are we really saying they are the best in a country as populous as Nigeria?
NFF are indirectly displaying to the whole world their lack of ingenuity and corruption, instead of throwing stones at that glass house we re here clapping for winning Zambia with a quarter of our population after 120 mins regulation time.

Tell me, is there any person that did secondary or primary school in Naija dat will tell You he never met an outstanding football player during their time?
in the End, they never make it to the national team, simply because NFF has no plan of getting them.
common sense should tell NFF that for a country as big as Nigeria, that geniuses abounds.
Take US for instance, if Olympics knocks on their door, they bless u with lakers and co, same goes for other sports like swimming, tennis etc
Talk abt the SA cricket team etc.
I thought FASH could have turned things around for Nigerians
I really don't see why NFF cannot budget 5m naira a year for a football contest per state.
We are talking about 180m and perhaps another 50m for sundry fees. Each state ministry of sports split the money,into Zones comprising abt 5 to 6 LGAs, each getting about 300k for instance, i bet you that these small boys will kill for it.
The money is gonna be shared in a way that each LGA winner contest Among themselves till the state level which will be abt 1m price money contributed by each participating team just to ensure the trophy is worth close to 5m in all.
during the various contests, the NFF sends a team of judges that will pick players
You cant tell me that in the End we wont have a team better than these national disgrace.
I am very optimistic on this cos i can still recall that in my community old men still kill themselves on football conquest for 500k price money during Xmas
At least with a good squad and a confused coach, Naija will go places.

Do these government office holders have plans at all?

[/b]
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by denitro(m): 11:19am On Jan 27, 2010
The Nigerian team is a laughing stock here in the Ghanaian media, the Ghanaian are boosting they will beat us with one eye closed.
I somehow agree with them, but as a Nigerian - National pride is at stake.
I want the Super eagles to win because our pride is at stake.
I want the Super Eagles to lose so that Amodu and the coaching crew will not get the wrong idea of thinking that
they can take us to South Africa 2010.
In my opinion - Amodu lacks depth as a coach (The ability to motivate player, change the outcome of games through technical input and best of all select the right players and the right formation - For God sake, what Amodu played was a 4-3-3 on paper but in reality 4-5-1.The moment the Zambia took over the midfield, the team started defending deep, pulling Osaze and Obasi deeper into the midfield. I only see teams playing that formation when they are looking to get a draw.
Please God, Please God, Find us an Italian Coach,
Please God, I will not over sleep again if they sack Amodu.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by gunnergavo: 11:38am On Jan 27, 2010
we are lucky to be in the semis. Lucky still that Ghana has a depleted team. I hope we win cos those guy play like nothing is at stake and it is worrisome.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by 9jaBwai: 11:47am On Jan 27, 2010
We can only hope but we can't be sure
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by nnalue: 12:05pm On Jan 27, 2010
i see SE lifting up this cup even with "wombling and fumbling" kind of game they played. But the sad news is that Amodu may not GO!!! lipsrsealed cry cool

thanx guyz

have my starting IX

enyama
Yusuf nwaneri shitu echijile

etuhu kaita
mikel

obasi (nsofor 70mins) osaze

yakubu(matins 75mins)
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Kx: 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2010
There's news making rounds that a top NFF big short
has given Amodu ultimatum never to field Yakubu Ayegbeni
in a SE matches no more.Could u guys confirm this?
Just heard it on Topsports 90.9Fm Sports news.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by omar22(m): 12:24pm On Jan 27, 2010
My only dread is facing my Ghanaian collegues at work, they know how to rub it in, big time,  in an annoying way they even ask me to take Friday off because the torture would be too much for me if I come in, Thats my only worries, I couldnt care less how the SE play, It seems like each time I watch them play! its seems like I have shed another 3 to 5 years off my life due to the stress that follows,

The Super Eagles are a blue print of Nigerian Governement,

Its like reading Animal Farm, "Animals led by pigs"
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by omar22(m): 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2010
There's news making rounds that a top NFF big short
has given Amodu ultimatum never to field Yakubu Ayegbeni
in a SE matches no more.Could u guys confirm this?
Just heard it on Topsports 90.9Fm Sports news.

This is my Proof!!!!!

Why would a top person dictate to the manager, the manager either swim or sink by his decision, they should either sack him or leave him to do his job?

I guess the reason he was there in the first first was because he was a "yes man"
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Bolarge(m): 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2010
Nigeria whoops Ghana.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2010
Naija to beat Ghana. No long story.

Bennyboy11:

Although Ghana is fielding a team B, Ghana vs Nigeria games have little to do with who plays as you all know. Remember ten man Ghana against Nigeria two years ago with even talentless agogo registering a goal? I am predicting a Ghana Algeria final.

I disagree. Somebody answers you here:
- I didn't know a total of 6 players aged less than 21 could actually embody a whole 23-man squad (how about the "older" men, huh?)

- Nobody forced the coach, Milo, to select the U-20 players, I'm sure they aren't the only available A-team material that the Black Stars could pick from. . . or are they?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Katsumoto: 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2010
Africason:

Danny Shittu and Yusif will be Naija's downfall. Shittu go chop penalty give Ghana. That Shittu dude was breathless at one stage with steam gushing outa his ears, nostrils and mouth when trailing one of those little Zambian dudes tongue

Shittu has been our best player in this tournament. You are judging his game based on his perspiration?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Katsumoto: 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2010
After 4 matches, I can't believe that some people are still including that fat, lazy Yakubu in the starting eleven. That guy is not fit to represent Etsako LG.

For the life of me, why are we using two additional defensive MFs when Mikel is playing. Besides Ayila is better than both Keita and Etuhu. Ayila is more mobile and passes better unlike Keita who can tackle but can not pass and Etuhu who can't do anything.

I don't like the way Nsofor just shoots from way outside the box but he is more purposeful than Obasi who just had a good goal. He hasn't done jack since that goal.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Dabbs: 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2010
We only pray for them to come out of the whole tournament in flying colour. But we bear it in our mind that luck always comes to he who deserve it. That's why we must have a say to join hearts together.

For now, our boys are in good shape and very trainable, but our perpectual problem is that we don't have COACH. It's like putting a Mercedez Benz engine inside a Liteace. It can't contain. The students that were being handled by professors with professional books to be managed by Grade II teacher, very far.

But, whatever, our advice for Shuaibu is to hold Yobo and Yakubu on bench for now and field Martin, Osaze, and Obasi while Nzofor and Kanu should not be left out of the whole matches remain. May God teach him (Amodu) how to place them all. A big Aaaaaammeeeeeen.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by kayodeO1: 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2010
I can See Eagles in the Final!!!! but our victory is not certain.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by mdfishers: 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2010
Please these boys should save us the stress of always having our hearts in our mouth each time they play and come back on Friday.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by IVORY2009(m): 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2010
We're beating Ghana tomorrow, watch out!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by justbay: 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2010
We may b wining but we are not playing well. We shouldnt go to the world cup with this setting/makeup. I wish we win d cup 4 d singular fact dat its been long else Egypt will b makin history others cant catch up with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Manchester United Fan Buried In Style In Imo State (Photos) / UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown / Anthony Joshua: When Fat Helps Win Fights - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.