Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live (124926 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa : International Friendly : (1 - 1) On 29th March 2015 / Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 / Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 11:10am On Oct 30, 2014
The football rivalry between Nigeria and Ghana is stet o be rekindled again as arrangements are said to have been concluded to see the Super Eagles play their Ghanaian counterparts in an international friendly

The friendly game is billed for November 7 and it will form part of the activities for the grand opening of the newly built ultra-modern Akwa Ibom International Stadium.

Already it has been stated that the top players of both countries will be absent thus meaning that the two sides will only be made up of top local stars and possibly a sprinkle of fringe players playing out the shores of the continent.

Despite being dubbed a friendly, many are expecting another big show from the West African brothers who have both endured a long rivalry in the football circles.

Aside hosting the November 7 friendly, the newly built 30,000 capacity edifice in Uyo will host the Super Eagles 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa on 19 November.

Many hope it will be all smiles for Nigeria after the Bafana clash as they would have been able to navigate their way to the Morocco AFCO

http://allsports.com.gh/football/black-stars-vs-super-eagles-ghana-to-face-nigeria-in-friendly-id3235227.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by jejemanito: 2:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
Source?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 10:13am On Nov 01, 2014
The Super Eagles handler has named a strong to face the Black Stars in a game slated to commission the Uyo Stadium

Coach Stephen Keshi has announced a strong 24-man team that will face the Black Stars of Ghana in November 7 international friendly to commission the Akwa Ibom International in Uyo.

The list has the two leading marksmen in the Nigeria Premier League Mfon Udoh and Emem Eduok.

Coach Stephen Keshi has also called up Gbolahan Salami, Rabiu Ali, Christian Pyagbara, Bright Esieme, Umar Zango, Solomon Kwambe and Azubuike Egwuekwe.

However, there are new call ups which include Nasarawa United’s Tony Edjomariegwe, Charles Henlong(Giwa FC), Idris Aloma (El Kanemi Warriors), Nelson Ogbonnaya(Heartland), Joseph Nathaniel(Sharks), Stanley Dimgba(Warri Wolves) and Kingsley Sokari(Enyimba).

The players are to report at the Le Meridien Hotel, Uyo on Monday, November 3, 2014.

FULL LIST

Goalkeepers: Chigozie Agbim (Gombe United); Daniel Akpeyi (Warri Wolves); Theophilus Afelokhai (Kano Pillars)

Defenders: Solomon Kwambe (Sunshine Stars); Idris Aloma (El-Kanemi Warriors); Chima Akas (Sharks FC); Nelson Ogbonnaya (Heartland FC); Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves); Erhun Obanor (Bendel Insurance); Bright Esieme (Enyimba FC); Umar Zango (Kano Pillars)

Midfielders: Christian Pyagbara (Sharks FC); Charles Henlong (Giwa FC); Joseph Nathaniel (Sharks FC); Stanley Dimgba (Warri Wolves); Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars); Chinedu Udeaga (Enugu Rangers); Kingley Sokari (Enyimba FC); Tony Edjomariegwe (Nasarawa FC)

Forwards: Mfon Udoh (Enyimba FC); Christian Obiozor (Enugu Rangers); Gbolahan Salami (Warri Wolves); Osaguona Ighodaro (Enugu Rangers); Emem Eduok (Dolphins FC)

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2014/11/01/5682431/keshi-names-squad-for-ghana-friendly?ICID=HP_HN_1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by Ajibel(m): 10:54am On Nov 01, 2014
Why always Agbim that is about to go on relegation with Gombe utd leaving out Femi Thomas sad
Bright Esieme has been a benchwarmer this season sha buh I hope he delivers.
I expected to see Ugwu Uwadiegwu who plays like Taiye Taiwo in his prime...
Wonderful list overall!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 11:32am On Nov 01, 2014
Ajibel:
Why always Agbim that is about to go on relegation with Gombe utd leaving out Femi Thomas sad
Bright Esieme has been a benchwarmer this season sha buh I hope he delivers.
I expected to see Ugwu Uwadiegwu who plays like Taiye Taiwo in his prime...
Wonderful list overall!!!

Agbim is keshis boy..........even if he goes to division 2

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by urshawmoore(m): 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
Ok
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ahead of the November 7 friendly with the Super Eagles at the newly built Akwa Ibom international Stadium in Uyo, Ghana’s national under-23 team will be leaving Accra for Nigeria on Wednesday for the test match so reports ghanasoccernet.com.

The Black Meteors as Ghana U23 is referred to will have the honor of playing the opening match at the Uyo stadium with top dignitaries like the President of the Federal Republic Goodluck Jonathan and football legend Pele all expected to be in attendance.

It is gathered that the Ghana team are currently in camp at the Ghanaman Soccer Centre of Excellence in Prampram, and will the use the match against the home-based Eagles the as part of their preparations for the upcoming qualifiers for the All-Africa Games.

Ghana will face Liberia in the first qualifying round qualifier at a-yet-to-be-announced date by the Confederation of African Football (CAF).
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by MzRaeRae(f): 8:20am On Nov 06, 2014
Am in uyo...and its Nigeria Vs South Africa not ghana..its 19 or 18 not 7..dem never even open d stadium ..Better b Sure of what ur saying
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by Segipaul: 9:05am On Nov 06, 2014
MzRaeRae:
Am in uyo...and its Nigeria Vs South Africa not ghana..its 19 or 18 not 7..dem never even open d stadium ..Better b Sure of what ur saying
u dont watch nor read news i guess. The nigeria-ghana match is 2morrow in the newly built uyo stadium

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 9:43am On Nov 06, 2014
MzRaeRae:

the south african match is AFCON qualifiers

while the Nigeria vs Ghana is friendly that comes first to officially commission the stadium.

if you dont know ask around so you dont fool around

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 9:45am On Nov 06, 2014
Segipaul:
u dont watch nor read news i guess. The nigeria-ghana match is 2morrow in the newly built uyo stadium

thank you for telling him what is happening under is nose...............

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by tonididdy(m): 11:13am On Nov 06, 2014
time please?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
coolproudly Akwa Ibom..click like if agree

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
tonididdy:
time please?
3pm...bt believe me guys won't mind sleeping d stadium tonight
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
MzRaeRae:
...its a pity that despite all d information machineries available for good n better dissemination of information u r still in d dark. nt sure u are in uyo

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
brooklyn49:
...its a pity that despite all d information machineries available for good n better dissemination of information u r still in d dark. nt sure u are in uyo

ok maybe he is in oyo not uyo

na joke oh......
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by Antell95(m): 2:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
brooklyn49:

how much is d ticket for Ghana v Naija game ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
The beautiful City of Uyo is the perfect setting for the opening of a new chapter in the history of sports in Nigeria. Come November 7, 2015, the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, His Excellency Godwin Akpabio, will lead the government and people of Akwa Ibom state in opening the Akwa Ibom International Stadium aptly nicknamed the Nest of Champions.The truly amazing sporting edifice is an Olympic Sized stadium is a 30,000 capacity ultra modern complex that is already regarded as the best in the West African region and compared with South Africa’s Soccer city.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 3:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
Super Eagles forwards, Mfon Udoh and Emem Eduok have boasted that they will score against Black Meteors in Friday's international friendly billed for Uyo. The game meant to commission the ultra modern Akwa Ibom Stadium will see the arch rivals battle for superiority.

The duo who hail from Akwa Ibom have scored 21 and 20 goals respectively for their clubs this season and they have promised to fire on all cylinders when they face Malik Jabir's side.

“I’m so excited playing for my country and most importantly in my home state. It’s a dream come true playing for the Super Eagles and I hope to justify the call-up and appreciate my kinsmen with my goals against Ghana,” Udoh told Goal .

Eduok on his own part said he is fulfilled returning home to play for the Super Eagles stating that he would reward the Uyo fans by scoring for the country.

"I’m very pleased with this opportunity. It's awesome and a great feeling for me. I’m excited at the edifice built by our state government and playing in Uyo is special to me. We won't dissapoint the fans. I will do my best to bring my league form to bear against Ghana," said Eduok.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by MzRaeRae(f): 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
brooklyn49:
They r actually opening d stadium tomorrow ...Nwa Teacher...Educate me u DAT is in d light...R u even in Uyo..do u know if among d dancers performing for d ceremony...Olodo..Orisirisi and d friendly is BTW south Africa and nija
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by ujoinme: 8:37pm On Nov 06, 2014

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by ujoinme: 8:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
The Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Uyo, Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kOZ7rTRfew&list=UU44hqJiIK_HYYflwAkOqAQQ

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by bigblangston: 9:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
MzRaeRae:
They r actually opening d stadium tomorrow ...Nwa Teacher...Educate me u DAT is in d light...R u even in Uyo..do u know if among d dancers performing for d ceremony...Olodo..Orisirisi and d friendly is BTW south Africa and nija
Madam!!! The match is between Nigeria and Ghana

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
.My hood is already buzzing. From Ikpa road to Abak road (OBJ road) to Aka road to Oron road - same buzz.
My friends and I will sure be in attendance, 10.00am prompt! My lecturers in the department can get angry at me for skipping lectures tomorrow if they want but nufin is stopping TheSonOfMark from attending.

This feeling is great, I'm proud of my state! History here I come!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by juicydiceyjoe(m): 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2014
up Supereagles
up Akwaibom
up Akpabio

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by tonididdy(m): 4:37am On Nov 07, 2014
brooklyn49:
u sure?

I tot I saw 7pm on dstvs website
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 9:32am On Nov 07, 2014
the rivalry between nigerian and ghana will continue today

in total nigeria has played ghana 50 times

Games won: 10
Games drawn: 18
Games lost: 22

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 9:39am On Nov 07, 2014
breakdown of all the games against ghana

Date Match Score Competition
16 Oct 1950 Ghana v Nigeria 1-0 International
11 Oct 1954 Ghana v Nigeria 1-0 International
28 May 1955 Ghana v Nigeria 1-0 International
01 Jun 1955 Ghana v Nigeria 7-0 International
27 Oct 1956 Nigeria v Ghana 3-0 International
27 Oct 1957 Ghana v Nigeria 3-3 International
31 Jul 1958 Nigeria v Ghana 3-2 International
31 Oct 1959 Ghana v Nigeria 5-2 International
28 Aug 1960 Ghana v Nigeria 4-1 FIFA World Cup
10 Sep 1960 Nigeria v Ghana 1-1 International
10 Sep 1960 Nigeria v Ghana 2-2 FIFA World Cup
08 Oct 1960 Nigeria v Ghana 0-3 Nkrumah Cup
08 Apr 1961 Nigeria v Ghana 0-0 African Nations Cup
30 Apr 1961 Ghana v Nigeria 2-2 African Nations Cup
01 Jun 1961 Ghana v Nigeria 3-0 WAC
15 Dec 1961 Ghana v Nigeria 5-1 International
03 Jan 1962 Nigeria v Ghana 1-1 African Nations Cup
10 Nov 1962 Nigeria v Ghana 0-0 International
22 Jan 1967 Nigeria v Ghana 2-2 International
09 Feb 1967 Ghana v Nigeria 2-0 International
10 May 1969 Nigeria v Ghana 2-1 FIFA World Cup
18 May 1969 Ghana v Nigeria 1-1 FIFA World Cup
08 Jan 1973 Nigeria v Ghana 4-2 African Games
10 Feb 1973 Nigeria v Ghana 2-3 FIFA World Cup
22 Feb 1973 Ghana v Nigeria 0-0 FIFA World Cup
31 Aug 1975 Ghana v Nigeria 3-0 International
08 Mar 1978 Ghana v Nigeria 1-1 African Nations Cup
21 Jul 1978 Nigeria v Ghana 0-0 African Games
01 May 1983 Ghana v Nigeria 1-0 International
05 Mar 1984 Ghana v Nigeria 1-2 African Nations Cup
27 Jul 1986 Ghana v Nigeria 2-0 CEDEAO Cup
06 Feb 1987 Ghana v Nigeria 3-1 West Africa Nations Cup
02 Sep 1990 Ghana v Nigeria 1-0 African Nations Cup
13 Apr 1991 Nigeria v Ghana 0-0 African Nations Cup
02 Nov 1991 Ghana v Nigeria 1-0 CEDEAO Cup
23 Jan 1992 Ghana v Nigeria 2-1 African Nations Cup
09 Mar 1994 Nigeria v Ghana 0-0 International
28 Aug 1999 Nigeria v Ghana 0-0 International
10 Mar 2001 Ghana v Nigeria 0-0 FIFA World Cup
28 Jul 2001 Nigeria v Ghana 3-0 FIFA World Cup
03 Feb 2002 Nigeria v Ghana 1-0 African Nations Cup
15 Dec 2002 Ghana v Nigeria 0-1 International
23 Feb 2003 Nigeria v Ghana 0-0 International
30 May 2003 Nigeria v Ghana 3-1 LG Cup
23 Jan 2006 Nigeria v Ghana 1-0 African Nations Cup
06 Feb 2007 Ghana v Nigeria 4-1 International
03 Feb 2008 Ghana v Nigeria 2-1 African Nations Cup
28 Jan 2010 Ghana v Nigeria 1-0 African Nations Cup
11 Oct 2011 Ghana v Nigeria 0-0 International
29 Jan 2014 Nigeria v Ghana 0-0 (1-4) African Nations Cup

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 9:53am On Nov 07, 2014
Programme for the commissioning of the stadium

1. Three presidents to attend the opening ceremony
President Goodluck Jonathan would Friday(today) lead Ghanaian leader, Dr. John Dramani Mahama and Ivorian Head of State, Dr. Alassane Ouattara to the commissioning of the stately Akwa Ibom International Stadium, Uyo later on Friday with Governor Godswill Obot Akpabio as Chief Host.

2. The match officials are all FIFA-graded Nigerian referees, with Ferdinand Udoh as Referee, Peter Edibe as Assistant Referee 1, Samuel Pwadutakan as Assistant Referee 2 and Amao Opeyemi as Reserve Referee.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 9:55am On Nov 07, 2014
Fri, Nov 7, 2014 3:00 pm

National Anthem of Nigeria led by Pat Akpabio

- National Anthem of Cote D’’Ivoire led by Patience Ehi

- National Anthem of Ghana led by Emem Andrew and backed by Ibom Unity Brass Band 3.45 pm

- Hymn: “Afo ‘modot itoro”, sung by Aity Dennis

- Prayer of dedication 3.45 pm

- Welcome Speech by His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State,
Chief Godswill Obot Akpabio, CON 4.00 pm

- Special Commemorative Song by Akwa Ibom Music Stars: Aity Dennis, Pat Akpabio, Fadabasi, Icekyd, Presh, King David, Mc Galaxy, Dikan, Desmond
Offong, Unik, Mr. Xto, Pasto Goody Goody, Mish,
Queen Favour, Skankin Master, Aniekan Sasforo, Ann Inyang and Lemmy Jackson. 4.05 pm

- Video Presentation: The Making of Akwa Ibom Stadium 4.15 pm

- Governor leads Mr. President and VIPs to the commissioning point 4.20 pm

- Commissioning of the stadium by Mr. President

- Unveiling of the commemorative plaque 4.25 pm

- Speech by His Excellency, the President, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR 4.40 pm

- Marching display by the Real Brass Band 4.50 pm
On-pitch pre-match entertainment

featuring:
- Mish, singing “Akwa Ibom Ayaya”
- Mavins Crew, singing “DoroBucchi”
- KCee, singing “Limpopo” 5.15 pm
- Grand Parade: ‘Journey across the Land of Uncommon Transformation’ featuring the following groups: Greater Tomorrow Football Academy, The State Cheer Leaders, Akwa Ibom Future Professionals Group, The Royal Rangers, Uyai Iban, Itembe, Council for Arts and Culture, Ekpe, Ekpo, the 9999 Choristers, The State Fire Service, The AKSG Ushers and Ibom Brass Band.

Music: ‘Wavin’ Flag’, by K’naan 5.35 pm

- Arrival and pitch inspection by the national teams of Nigeria - the Super Eagles and that of Ghana - the Black Stars 6.15 pm

- Presentation of the teams to the three Presidents by HE the Governor and the official VIP Party 6.30 pm

- Kick-off 8.15pm

- Full-time

- Presentations at the State Box
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 9:58am On Nov 07, 2014
the stadium

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live by robosky02(m): 10:02am On Nov 07, 2014
Nigeria to parade two AKwa ibom indegines in the super eagles attack for the friendly againt Ghana in the opening ceremony of the stadium

indeed on current form they are the best in the nigerian league
Mfon Udoh (Enyimba FC) and Emem Eduok (Dolphins FC)

heres the

FULL LIST

Goalkeepers: Chigozie Agbim (Gombe United); Daniel Akpeyi (Warri Wolves); Theophilus Afelokhai (Kano Pillars)

Defenders: Solomon Kwambe (Sunshine Stars); Idris Aloma (El-Kanemi Warriors); Chima Akas (Sharks FC); Nelson Ogbonnaya (Heartland FC); Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves); Erhun Obanor (Bendel Insurance); Bright Esieme (Enyimba FC); Umar Zango (Kano Pillars)

Midfielders: Christian Pyagbara (Sharks FC); Charles Henlong (Giwa FC); Joseph Nathaniel (Sharks FC); Stanley Dimgba (Warri Wolves); Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars); Chinedu Udeaga (Enugu Rangers); Kingley Sokari (Enyimba FC); Tony Edjomariegwe (Nasarawa FC)

Forwards: Mfon Udoh (Enyimba FC); Christian Obiozor (Enugu Rangers); Gbolahan Salami (Warri Wolves); Osaguona Ighodaro (Enugu Rangers); Emem Eduok (Dolphins FC)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision / Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 / Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Cameroon 3.0 (Live)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.