Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,267 members, 7,829,553 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Please Help! My Baby Is Not Feeding Well Again - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help! My Baby Is Not Feeding Well Again (598 Views)

My Baby's Skin Problem Now A Story Of The Past / My Baby's Skin Problem Is Worrisome (Disturbing Photos) / How To Stop Mosquitoes And Other Insects From Feeding From You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! My Baby Is Not Feeding Well Again by sinorte: 8:30am On Jun 19, 2017
She's just 9 months old. She's not been feeding well for about a week now. Prior to this period, her response to meals has been fantastic, favourably disposed to most foods she's introduced to.

But just last Monday, her response rate dropped. She'd only want to take breast and water. Mum would have to force-feed her at times. And on two different occasions she's had to vomit everything out almost immediately.

Despite that there's be no visible signs of 'abnormal' situations, she's been taken for a check at the hospital. A drug to treat infection was prescribed and properly administered. But still no improvement on her feeding.

She plays, no high temperature, sleeps well. Just this feeding thing.

Kindly help with your ideas and suggestions.

Thank you

Dominique
Sissy3
Lalasticlala
Seun
Re: Please Help! My Baby Is Not Feeding Well Again by NwaAmaikpe: 8:35am On Jun 19, 2017
shocked
Sorry
Re: Please Help! My Baby Is Not Feeding Well Again by sinorte: 8:36am On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Sorry

Thanks for the reaction. But I need to know what to do. She's gonna lose weight if she's not eating. Please help!
Re: Please Help! My Baby Is Not Feeding Well Again by NwaAmaikpe: 8:50am On Jun 19, 2017
I'm actually confused at who 'mom' is?

The good thing is that she isn't running temperatures, fever or showing symptoms of any ailment.

The problem I believe lies in your breàst....maybe it has fallen so she doesn't recognize it or the milk doesn't taste so good anymore.

She won't rapidly embrace water as I presume she's been on an exclusive feeding plan

But don't fret; your baby is perfect, toddlers occasionally undergo numerous personality changes...this may just be one
Re: Please Help! My Baby Is Not Feeding Well Again by thesicilian: 9:09am On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

The good thing is that she isn't running temperatures, fever or showing symptoms of any ailment.

The problem I believe lies in your breàst....maybe it has fallen so she doesn't recognize it or the milk doesn't taste so good anymore.

She won't rapidly embrace water as I presume she's been on an exclusive feeding plan

But don't fret; your baby is perfect, toddlers occasionally undergo numerous personality changes...this may just be one
Hmmm
Nice advise, apart from the comment on the fallen breásts.
Re: Please Help! My Baby Is Not Feeding Well Again by Engrobiorah(m): 9:24am On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Re: Please Help! My Baby Is Not Feeding Well Again by sinorte: 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

What has "fallen breast" got to do with breast milk? Humour me please
Re: Please Help! My Baby Is Not Feeding Well Again by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 20, 2017
The baby is ok to me. I suggest you dont force him to eat. He wants water and breastmilk. Give him. It wont do any harm, even if he loses some weight. What matters most is that he is healthy.

You may consider juicing fruits for him daily. Eg orange, watermelon, pineapple. He will take it in gladly, and it might give him back his lost appetite.
Forget the weight issue, it's a non-issue.
Goodluck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Japan Gives Nigeria 31 Ambulances / How To Prepare Your Body For IVF / Ways Monkeypox Could Be Contacted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.