Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,643 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Why Should I Do An Internship? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Should I Do An Internship? (8048 Views)

Invitation For An Internship Program At Uba,who Else Got The Text! / Got An Internship Through Nairaland But...................... / Lady Gets An Internship Placement In Deloitte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should I Do An Internship? by jobyina: 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
This is a question I have helped you in answering.

It’s really important to do an internship before applying for a job; you need to get the hands-on experience that is talked about when discussing the importance of internships it is not just a matter of landing the right job. Here are five solid reasons you should consider an internship.

1. Real Life Experience:

An internship enables you to gain first-hand exposure of working in the real world. It also allows students to harness the skill, knowledge, and theoretical practice they learnt in university. You can acquire enough theoretical education and certifications in your life; however, that knowledge doesn’t always translate to practicability in the real world. The great thing about internships is that it teaches young people who are about starting a career about the specific industries and companies they are interested in. Even the experience of trying something new is extremely beneficial. An intern is given proper training, assignments, and duties without the added pressure. Internships provide a nice learning curve for students with experience of the professional world.

2. Networking:

Networking is an exchange of information between people, with the ultimate goal of establishing acquaintances and relationships to advance your professional career. Partaking in an internship allows interns to establish deeper relationships, relationships that could take you further in your career, shape you and even bring help when you don’t expect. Being an intern gives you more opportunities to build connections with company professionals that can be very beneficial for your future career. Interns get to meet professionals, attend seminars and conferences which help them understand the intricacies of the chosen career path.

“Networking is an investment in your business. It takes time and when done correctly can yield great results for years to come”. – Diane Helbig

“Networking is not about just connecting people. It’s about connecting people with people, people with ideas, and people with opportunities”.-Michele Jennae

3. Boost Your Resume:

Do you know having an internship experience could boost your CV? Recruiters are always on the look out for those with the right experience to cut down on cost of training and increase productivity. Jobs in Nigeria today even ask entry level graduates for their years of experience.

Internships are the perfect way to enhance your resume through relevant experiences. When an employer sees that you’ve completed an internship, it’s not enough to simply show you’ve spent some time as an intern. List the tasks you’ve done and projects you’ve participated in to demonstrate your value. During your internship you can acquire new skills and abilities which can improve yourself as a young professional, and furthermore enhance your resume. The more experience you acquire, the easier it is to acquire a job in your chosen field.

4. Recommendations:

Certain jobs require a letter of recommendation from previous employers or even referees. After an internship, it would be pretty easy for your employer to write you a letter of recommendation. This would further boost your chance of securing the dream job in a competitive labour market, in a competitive market you need all the competitive edge you can get. I believe this is one of them.

5. Job offer:

This is the icing on the cake. In some cases, interns get lucky to get retained and employed companies and are immediately accorded the benefits they deserve –great remuneration, car and even further training.

Some companies resort to training interns and then employ them, who knows, you might get lucky.

Internships are a great way to learn the ropes so even if you find yourself filing or making coffee, as long as you‘re learning about the field take advantage of the opportunity and don’t take the experience lightly. Asking questions is one key to learning in an internship and keeping yourself flexible throughout the internship can open many doors.

So start your internship today.

Source:http://jobyina.com/why-should-i-do-an-internship/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by jobyina: 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
Nice!!

Getting an internship in Nigeria might be difficult, but with this link below, you can be able to get it ASAP.

http://topwritersden.com/job-through-internship-nigeria/.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by sconp: 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2017
Nice One.
Experience is always worthwhile

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Decrypter: 9:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
Interesting read, let me help you call
Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by StudentCare: 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
Very informative, this should help both students and job seekers.
Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by NwaAmaikpe: 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
shocked

You really don't need any internship....

If you get employed, the organization will train you on the job....that's why you see Engineers working in banks successfully.

Use the time you'd have used for internship to try out your luck at Lotto or Naijabet...you might end up making good money

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by FamousAbN: 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
OK. Thanks
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
Internship gives potential employees the opportunity to further polish up their work experience thereby making them more marketable than thousands of other job seekers. Nice info..

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by chuksjuve(m): 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
Good
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Cyriljames113: 4:15pm On Jun 20, 2017
JAMB
QUESTION

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by AmoryBlacq: 4:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
The skill i learnt during my internship is the only one i can boast of today

It's importance cannot be over emphasized

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2017
For those that graduated from medicine and allied medical sciences, always check out www.nigerianmedinterns.com for up to date information on hospitals open for application, successful list of candidates, important updates.

Join our community forum with www.nigerianmedinterns.com/community

Register and share information.
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by bejite: 4:24pm On Jun 20, 2017
Nice write up Op. Thanks a bunch.

For those still looking for that dream job or just want to recruit easily? Sign up now on the website on my signature and thank me later.

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by DeutschJunge: 4:28pm On Jun 20, 2017
o boi it is very very important... there is nothing as golden as proving to your potential employer that you have experience and you can fit into the company..

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by jobyina: 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Righteous555(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2017
Am looking for an internship please, am a petroleum engineering student of uniport...
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Savageakin: 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
nice post
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Savageakin: 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
As a student I know the importance of an internship. Without experience it can be tougher to be considered for a position in a particular organization or firm.
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by jobyina: 4:46pm On Jun 20, 2017
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by chigozie391(m): 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2017
Am a computer science IT student.... I can't find a placement.. Any help?
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by daymeelarday(m): 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2017
Securing an internship position these days is as difficult as getting a job itself. undecided cry

3 Likes

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by salford1: 5:31pm On Jun 20, 2017
securing an intership is same as securing a full time job.
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
jobyina:
Get Internship Placements NOW!! @ http://Jobyina.com
Like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/jobyina
abeg shey dem go pay?
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by prettyprecy(f): 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2017
Offline Sales Agent Needed in
Yaba
Surulere
Lagos Island
Lekki
Ajah
candidates must be smart and can speak good english.
Minimum qualification SSCE
Basic Salary is #25,000 on target commission is #40,000 - #60,000
To apply send your Cv to erecruiter@erecnigeria.com with the role (offline sales agent) and your preferred location as the subject.
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 20, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Nice!!

Getting an internship in Nigeria might be difficult, but with this link below, you can be able to get it ASAP.

http://topwritersden.com/job-through-internship-nigeria/.

Thank me later.
pls I just finished my project .. a business admin student!! I need a placement
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 20, 2017
prettyprecy:
Offline Sales Agent Needed in
Yaba
Surulere
Lagos Island
Lekki
Ajah
candidates must be smart and can speak good english.
Minimum qualification SSCE
Basic Salary is #25,000 on target commission is #40,000 - #60,000
To apply send your Cv to erecruiter@erecnigeria.com with the role (offline sales agent) and your preferred location as the subject.
am interested
Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by ItzWonderz(m): 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
AmoryBlacq:
The skill i learnt during my internship is the only one i can boast of today

It's importance cannot be over emphasized

Wot skill did u learn bro

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by AmoryBlacq: 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
ItzWonderz:

Wot skill did u learn bro

residential electrical installation.
believe me i learnt alot
i did my intern with UNIBEN, today i can wire a house from start to finish

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by Adek15(m): 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
Righteous555:
Am looking for an internship please, am a petroleum engineering student of uniport...
my guy, go and learn Matlab or any programming language, software relating to petroleum engineering (might be costly) unless you know someone that knows someone in the oil industry (the little spaces available are being competed with chemical engineering students)..

Advice from a senior engineering student

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Do An Internship? by donefezy: 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2017
Please house, do companies pay for internship? Cos am just wondering, how will one do such free service all in the sake of experience for a year.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Apply For Cadwell Limited Graduate Talent Pipeline Program / Federal Fire Service (FFS) 2018/2019 Selected / N-Power: FMHDSD To Empower 40 Borno Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.