Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,814 members, 7,824,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom (2327 Views)

Police Arraign Lawyer For Diverting Company’s N50m (pictured) / Kidnappers Shoot Man After Collecting N30m Ransom / Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by aloyemeka2: 6:25am On Jan 25, 2010
Gunmen kidnap Rev Imasuen, demand N50m ransom
National NewsJan 25, 2010
By Simon Ebegbulem

BENIN — BARELY one month after Federal Government withdrew soldiers attached to the Joint Task Force, JTF, code named  Operation Thunderstorm created by Edo State Government, the Bishop of the Anglican Diocese and state Chairman of Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Rev. Peter Imasuen, was abducted, yesterday, by suspected kidnappers.
It was learnt that the Bishop, for whom the abductors laid ambush at his residence, was taken hostage by the kidnappers while driving into his residence in Benin after the day’s service and whisked away to an unknown destination.
A family member, who confirmed the incident to Vanguard, disclosed that the kidnappers had contacted the family and asked for a ransom of N50 million for his release.

It would be recalled that the spate of kidnapping in the state reduced drastically after the military were drafted into the security outfit which was set up by Governor Adams Oshiomhole to check the activities of kidnappers and armed robbers.
Residents protested soldiers’ withdrawal
However, residents of the state were gripped by fear last week when the Minister of Defense, General Godwin Abbe, an indigene of the state, surprisingly ordered the withdrawal of soldiers serving in the security outfit for alleged political reasons.

Thousands of indigenes of the state throng the streets to protest the decision, prompting the Benin monarch, Oba Erediuwa, to also call on the Federal Government to recall the soldiers after the weekend’s Etsako Central House of Assembly re-run election, which was the reason the soldiers were withdrawn.
Efforts made to Edo Police Command’s spokesman, ASP Peter Ogboi, on the kidnapped incident failed as his phone was unavailable.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/01/25/gunmen-kidnap-rev-imasuen-demand-n50m-ransom/
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by asha80(m): 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2010
Pay day is near.
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by sayso: 1:17pm On Jan 25, 2010
Adams Oshiomhole this na for your door mot
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by MAYOWAAK: 1:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
touch not mine anointed and do my prophet no harm.
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by aieromon(m): 1:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
Here we go again.
The grass suffers because of big egos.
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by ohisng(m): 1:20pm On Jan 25, 2010
@sayso, which one own be oshiomhole? Na him be general abbe when for his own reasons decided to pull the military away from JTF? When they had not been removed, kidnapping had reduced to almost zero. So blame the minister of defence!!!
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by bandely(m): 1:21pm On Jan 25, 2010
sayso:

Adams Oshiomhole this na for your door mot

Wetin make im do naw?
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 25, 2010
Society has gone completly bunkers.
The religious institution is supposed to be sacred and untouchable. Revered.
Hey ho!! Not in Nigeria. Even 6 month old babies are not spared.
Especially Edo state and the Niger delta as a whole.
May all kidnappers die an early, slow, miserable and painful death.
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2010
ohisng:

@sayso, which one own be oshiomhole? Na him be general abbe when for his own reasons decided to pull the military away from JTF? When they had not been removed, kidnapping had reduced to almost zero. So blame the minister of defence!!!
Dont be silly angry
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by TippyTop(m): 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2010
The kidnappers are probably working with General Abbe. His cut is #25mil.
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by Kx: 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2010
How is the Church going to free their man without paying the "bribe"
ransom.
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by wealthymen: 2:12pm On Jan 25, 2010
He will be released without paying a dime! fellow believers should stand up n pray, we no what we have, we have to make declarations that He be released unconditionally, d word of God has power, d way d counsel of Ahitophel turned foolish towards king David, so like wise the kidnappers will function in utmost foolishness in Jesus' name AMEN!
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by An0nimus: 2:14pm On Jan 25, 2010
@kx
Prayers i guess.btw,they called his family not the church.
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by aganaboos1: 2:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
Life goes on and know nobody gets killed.If the man is very important to his Church then they should pay otherwise let the kidnappers have some fun with him.
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by boyt1: 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2010
God has placed a permanent cause; death to the cowards and their family members responsible for this act, AMEN!
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by Bokoharam: 3:06pm On Jan 25, 2010
aganaboos1:

Life goes on and know nobody gets killed.If the man is very important to his Church then they should pay otherwise let the kidnappers have some fun with him.

If u say this again, I'll make sure my boys kidnap u b4 night fall. Dont u have human sympathy? Nonsense! lol
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by GeorgeD1(m): 3:13pm On Jan 25, 2010
this is very unfortunate angry
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2010
Well well well, this gets even curiouser, grin
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by 0Edward0(m): 4:54pm On Jan 25, 2010
It is finished
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by ayo84(m): 5:06pm On Jan 25, 2010
chei,omo these boys no dey respect anybody again.
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 25, 2010
Those rude boys don't give a phuck! Hahaha. . . cheesy grin
The Pope gats to be careful, he just might get kidnapped the next time he visits Nigeria. . . grin
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by netpro(m): 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2010
They are incurring the wrath of God. No matter what this this is getting out of hand. Moreover it is not anybody's to discipline a man of God (for those who think so). This is the reason many suffer strangely - because of foolish behaviours they should not even attempt in the first place.

I hope they repent and let him go - I know some will readily die for money.
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by nurseayo: 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2010
i can pay for him oooooooooooooooo cool
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by oge4real(f): 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2010
These boys are spreading their tentacles to where it will be burnt.
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by okeey(m): 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2010
dis is very bad of them
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by ilosiwaju: 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2010
God will rescue his annointed like he did for Paul and Silas.
grin grin grin
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by koolchicco: 9:28pm On Jan 25, 2010
oge4real:

These boys are spreading their tentacles to where it will be burnt.

Seconded!!!
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by Mkpotu(m): 9:50pm On Jan 25, 2010
What kind of country is this Nigeria sef. So moral decadence has degenerated to this?
Anyway I am of the firm view that nothing should be giving to those useless kidnappers while we continue to pray for the bishop.

Any attempt to pay a dime will automatically open way for other kidnappers, by this: all our religious leaders are not safe any longer.

There must be sanctity in the things of God and God's men.
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by touchmeder: 11:38pm On Jan 25, 2010
Nawa embarassed
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by harakiri(m): 2:33am On Jan 26, 2010
Guess it's time for all the tithes and offerings to go to work!
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by rasputinn(m): 6:20am On Jan 26, 2010
The moment kidnapping entered Edo state,I knew it would take a while before it leaves,na so their matta dey be
Re: Rev Imasuen Kidnapped For N50m Ransom by johnjets: 8:37am On Jan 26, 2010
this is unfair,but what do u think our youths should be doing instead of tese ki napping stuff,touch not my annoited nor do my prophet no harm this is what the lord commanded.I demand that he should be released immediately or they face the rot of God,of course all them will die with thier 50m money

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unlucky Rapist Caught, Strip Unclad, Beat Black And Blue By Angry Mob (pics) / Worst Case Of Jungle Justice. / BREAKING!!! Missing Manhood Finally Returned But Not Working!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.