Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 (12135 Views)

Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles / American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 / See The Number Of Vehicles On Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by adesegun121(m): 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
In furtherance of its spirited effort to make Lagos State cleaner, healthier and more liveable, the Lagos State Government has established a special taskforce for the removal of abandoned and disused vehicles and tricycles littering the State.

Similarly, the State Government has appointed vehicular scrap collection agent in line with Section 56 sub-section (1) of the Lagos State Harmonised Environmental Law, 2017 whose activity will commence from Saturday, July 1st 2017.

Consequently, Lagosians are hereby notified of the operational procedure of the Taskforce as follows:

i. Pasting of Removal Notice Stickers on identified abandoned vehicles with a 7-day period for self-removal by owners of the vehicle

ii. Upon expiration of the grace period, identified abandoned vehicles will be removed by the taskforce to a designated depot within the State.

iii. Where such vehicles are unclaimed within 30 days, the vehicles will be forfeited to the government and undergo proper disposal accordingly.

The General public is hereby advised to comply strictly with this directive while Security agencies are urged to ensure compliance.

Sources: http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/?m=1

cc: lalasticlala, ijebabe

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by adesegun121(m): 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2017

18 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by deomelo: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
At last.

Eko o ni baje o.

12 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:16am On Jun 20, 2017
I need their hotnline, one guy just block my gate with 1 yeye golf 2 since last year angry

53 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by Nobody: 4:34am On Jun 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
I need their hotnline, one guy just block my gate with 1 yeye golf 2 since last year angry

Oga make una love una neighbor small now grin

I can't afford Kia/Hyundai yet.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:06am On Jun 20, 2017
Good development

7 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by raker300: 7:06am On Jun 20, 2017
Great..we need this in enugu too

8 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by Techpaded(f): 7:07am On Jun 20, 2017
keeping lagos clean

8 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by nell4: 7:07am On Jun 20, 2017
Ambo good one

7 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by raker300: 7:08am On Jun 20, 2017
I knew this thread would make front page.

Once it's Lagos, it would definitely make front page.

Anambra state just completed 13 roads that was posted here but it didn't make front page.

But this and a flyover in Lagos made front page m...smh

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by Teewhy2: 7:09am On Jun 20, 2017
Good move which is long overdue, most of this abandon cars have been criminal's hideouts especially at night and also have been some major cause of accidents as visitors might not know there is an abandon vehicle on the major road. It will help also reduce traffic on the streets as most streets are just designed to take two cars at a time.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

5 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by Manweyfitquarel(m): 7:09am On Jun 20, 2017
Pls you people should NOT come to no 35 Aina Street, off grammar school bus stop. Please you people should not come and follow berger side which is close or pass through ogba,please I beg you people not to come because the 5 cars parked along the street has been there peacefully for almost two years

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by Realsman405(m): 7:10am On Jun 20, 2017
Nice initiative

I wish Oyo State Government could emulate this. There are tonnes of abandoned vehicles on roadsides in Ibadan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by sojayy(m): 7:10am On Jun 20, 2017
Hope they won't start evacuating packed vehicles along with d abandoned ones

6 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by luciouscookie: 7:10am On Jun 20, 2017
raker300:

Anambra state just completed 13 roads that was posted here but it didn't make front page.

Cry cry babybaby undecided

32 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by izzou(m): 7:11am On Jun 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by wantagon1: 7:11am On Jun 20, 2017
Lagos, the London of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by wristbangle: 7:11am On Jun 20, 2017
raker300:

It's because those 13 roads are mere street roads which are not more than 50cm in length cool

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by polite2(m): 7:12am On Jun 20, 2017
oyo state is next. The roads re filled with junk cars too.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by donkenny(m): 7:12am On Jun 20, 2017
Make dem no comot motor wey crazy ppl take dey sleep oooo

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by ERONX(m): 7:12am On Jun 20, 2017
Nice move from the State Govt

1 Like

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by Adekorya: 7:12am On Jun 20, 2017
raker300:

Do you have to do this? I mean, why do you People always find a way to infiltrate every discussion with tribalism and hate?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by lonamy: 7:13am On Jun 20, 2017
raker300:

Please, where is the link?

3 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by ettybaba(m): 7:14am On Jun 20, 2017
Eko o ni baje o.

1 Like

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:14am On Jun 20, 2017
mehnnnnnnn !!! Lagos is just advancing at the speed of light. The stuff no be to d elect leaders wey only dey politicise everything.. but leaders with the passion of bringing about positive change...

lagosians, I hope una dong dey prepare beta technocrat wey go replace Ambode ? dnt allow any mumu person come lead una, as dem dey lead the remaining 35states of this rudderless country..

4 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by Jabioro: 7:15am On Jun 20, 2017
I loved this decongest move.. they should not some police stations, especially those along the roads.. like ikotun, okokomaiko ,Igando and many more like that who had turn half of the road to vehicle /abandon accident parks.

2 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by Ladipodeal: 7:15am On Jun 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Bros show some love. Fix the goddamn car free of charge jooor.

3 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by mmsen: 7:16am On Jun 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

You should strip the stupid car and sell the parts.
Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 20, 2017
Good One.
Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by polite2(m): 7:17am On Jun 20, 2017
Manweyfitquarel:
Pls you people should NOT come to no 35 Aina Street, off grammar school bus stop. Please you people should not come and follow berger side which is close or pass through ogba,please I beg you people not to come because the 5 cars parked along the street has been there peacefully for almost two years
bros, is this an invitation?

1 Like

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by free2ryhme: 7:17am On Jun 20, 2017
All those yahoo boys who bought cars they can't maintain or service has littered egbeda, ogba and ojodu olowora

Ambode come and carry them oooo

4 Likes

Re: Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:17am On Jun 20, 2017
donkenny:
Make dem no comot motor wey crazy ppl take dey sleep oooo

can u imagine ? so now na mad people dey hold sane people ransom ? shebi people wey mad people dey live for their house no supose complete am because say dem go displace the mad people.. nko ntro ?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Turbochargers Vs. Superchargers: What’s The Difference? / Do You Agree With Volvo Exec That China Now Makes Better Quality Cars Than Europ / How Carburetor Works Within The Fuel System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.