Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:22 PM

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional.20/6/2017 Be Sensitive (ii) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional.20/6/2017 Be Sensitive (ii) (300 Views)

Bishop David Abioye Charges Christians To Be Sensitive, Vigilant. / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional16/6/2017 The 22nd Epistle / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 7/6/2017 Pride: A Cankerworm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional.20/6/2017 Be Sensitive (ii) by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 20, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* TUESDAY, JUNE 20, 2017

*Topic:* BE SENSITIVE (II)
*Read:* JOHN 4:7-19

*MEMORISE:* _The woman said to Him, "Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet."_ *(John 4:19)*

*EXPOSITION*
There is something true about the whole Bible that is especially true about the Gospel of John. It is God's design in the Bible that we come to know Him and know ourselves. This story of the woman at the well revealed both Jesus’ greatness and what we need to learn about ourselves. Our insensitivity to who God is and who we are, is the subtle reason why our understanding and love for Jesus is so small. Our Scripture today focuses on two things: Who is this man, Jesus? And who are we, as we see ourselves in this woman?

It seems, at one level, like this unnamed woman is leading Jesus on a wild goose chase, from one issue to the next. Really, it is a chase, but not a wild goose chase, because she was a destined worshipper, and Jesus is not confused or lost. He knows what He does. Her sensitivity in the conversation gives a progressive record that this Jesus is the Living Water *(v. 15)*, the Prophet *(v. 19)*, God the Father *(v. 24)*, and the Messiah *(v. 25, 29)*.

How sensitive are you to spiritual information being dispensed during church sermons or teachings, and in particular when you have personal study, as this? Only those who are sensitive to God and His Word can bring unsaved souls to Christ, just as this woman did: And many of the Samaritans of that city believed in Him because of the word of the woman who testified, _*"He told me all that I ever did"*_ *(John 4:39)*. Like Mary and this unnamed woman, be sensitive enough to help others, too, to come to the saving knowledge of Christ.

*PRAYER POINTS:*
*1.* Oh Lord, use me as Your salvation trumpet.
*2.* Lord, make me more sensitive to the real need of sinners around me, in Jesus name.
*3.* Lord, make our churches more committed to evangelism and missions, instead of engaging in jamborees and frivolities.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* Revelation 14 - 16

*Author:* CAC WORLDWIDE
Remain Blessed!

(1) (Reply)

People To Study This Season / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord! / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.