Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum (41145 Views)

How Old Were You When You Graduated From Secondary School? / 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School / FG Re-instates CRK And IRK As Independent Subjects. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by ransomed: 10:40am On Jun 21, 2017
netbizmanz:
But there's still a separate course for arabic studies right? why?
::--- Islamization! Check your currency notes, check the Nigerian Army logo or motto to prove me wrong.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Jaiyeola24(m): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2017
Chikelue2000:
I don't understand dis.... OK let's say dis is true what about the Arabic studies
Arabic is under international languages such as french . Is optional.

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 21, 2017
kpaofame:

So which classroom will they be having the lecture Because it is one subject (IRS and CRK + National value), explain how you will draw a timetable for it...will they have separate class where Christian students will go for their lectures and another class where Muslims will go for their lecture?? Considering the state of public schools in the country....

The merger do not make sense...

Negative thinker. In the university I studied a GST course with the title Communication in Arabic/French

It is one course but 1 offer either Arabic or French despite having the same course code and title.

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Chemist009(m): 10:44am On Jun 21, 2017
..... I wonder what's wrong with some Nigerians. .... what is rocket science about d new adjustment? Just because some greedy and heartless elites wanna take every single opportunity to exploit our gullible youths,they still fall for it. All I see and smell is hypocrisy and unnecessary hatred ......

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by 2016v2017: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2017
Airforce1:
We don't know what to believe this days from APC government
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 21, 2017
farouk0403:
Please don't mind those miscreant, they should keep wailing.

CAN and igbo christian should go and drown in the lagoon with their islamaphobia syndrome.

The sameway their hate speech about north consume them by Kaduna declaration, likewise this 1
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by AnanseK(m): 10:45am On Jun 21, 2017
bolanto24:
But this is somehow not okay. So pupils will be taught Islamic and Christian Topics all together since the subjects are now joined.

This is a national curriculum. You can always give additional religious instructions to your children at home. I am in total agreement to this if indeed we want to build a united and strong country we are proud of.

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by newslifeop: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2017
Good
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by kpaofame: 10:47am On Jun 21, 2017
clemsajayi07:

Not true. CRS is being taught in schools that don't offer Islamic studies. We have been teaching RVN in my school in Benin without Islamic studies. we offer French instead of Arabic. it is optional, you choose what u want to do. We have been offering RNV, PvS, CcA, BST, Business studies, Edo language, French, Maths and English for three years now without Islamic studies.
No body is trying to islamized Nigeria with this, I'm a living testimony to this new subjects, because we are offering the aforementioned subjects in the school I teach.
My only concern is that it's making students to be lazy because they now offer few subjects, unlike before were they offer 14-15 subjects. This new curriculum is geared towards having practically inclined students. Merci

That's okay but what happens in a state like Oyo that have averagely same population of Muslims and Christian
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Ekperechukwu: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2017
bolanto24:
But this is somehow not okay. So pupils will be taught Islamic and Christian Topics all together since the subjects are now joined.
You should read the write-up again
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 21, 2017
Eggcelent:
No. Each Pupil/Student Is Given The Choice To Attend Classes In Line With Their Belief

Wen skuls lack enuf class 4 student, i guess two or more teachers will be in one class teaching different subjects same time??
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by kpaofame: 10:53am On Jun 21, 2017
NairalandHowTo:

Negative thinker. In the university I studied a GST course with the title Communication in Arabic/French

It is one course but 1 offer either Arabic or French despite having the same course code and title.

Not a negative thinker am a realist...even with the clear distinction in IRS and CRK then there was issues with managing it in public schools...(Talking from Experience (NYSC))
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 21, 2017
I don't know why most Nigerian youth don't think at times.. this issue of language shouldn't be much of a concern to us.. I went online to check the most spoken language in Africa and I stumbled upon this .
1.. English
2. Arabic
3. Swahili
4. French ....
So because they include Arabic into the school curriculum shouldn't be much of a debate I think.

I heard you either choose French or Arabic so why are CAN bringing issues out of this . They are doing it like they have the love of education at heart that much , I feel pity for those of us commenting on any irrelevances they raised .. I think it's time we youth stop making childish comment and get more serious irrespective of background.. thanks

3 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by enigma2007(m): 10:54am On Jun 21, 2017
kpaofame:

That's okay but what happens in a state like Oyo that have averagely same population of Muslims and Christian

In the South West, there had always been a balance. CRK people would go for their classes while IRK do the same. Classes happen at the same time and most govt schs have the teachers for both.

I schooled in Lagos though and left Sec sch scenes like 15+ years ago.

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by farouk0403(m): 10:56am On Jun 21, 2017
NairalandHowTo:

The sameway their hate speech about north consume them by Kaduna declaration, likewise this 1

Leave them they are born out of hate,
attention seekers living in their enclave territory without knowing whats going on around the globe.

Arab is just a language not a religion there are alot of christians Arabs but yet they failed to understand because of their inferiority complex..

3 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 21, 2017
The truth is, if Arabic was just a language then Muslims wouldn't be defending it this much.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by edupedia: 10:59am On Jun 21, 2017
Airforce1:
We don't know what to believe this days from APC government

...it is a carry over from GEJ govt...the proposal was started under Wike...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 21, 2017
Statsocial:
The truth is, if Arabic was just a language then Muslims wouldn't be defending it this much.

OK Arabic is a religion? What happens to the Arabic Bible? Are they Islamic Bible?

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by DVC1: 11:02am On Jun 21, 2017
But what has the Arabic got to do with Nigeria's education system? Has Arabic also been declared as official language? Excluding Islamic studies and introducing Arabic makes no different, I hope you will be ready to introduce Latin also. Don't pretend you don't know where this is heading to
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:04am On Jun 21, 2017
chesterlee:
She doesn't know what she's saying.

Arabic studies is on its own!!!
Is the arabic studies compulsory for christians?

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Misterdhee1(m): 11:05am On Jun 21, 2017
It is so unfortunate that the fp was filled with bigotry comments. I was earlier of the view that the development was unnecessary, but after speaking with a friend of mine that attended a public secondary school back then (around 2005), i was informed that Arabic and Islamic Studies have always been a separate/optional subjects, same as CRK and French. Aside that, i also got to know that Arabic is the 2nd most spoken language in Africa, after English, with over 100 million indigenous Africans speaking it. http://www.africaranking.com/most-spoken-languages-in-africa/5/

So, having such option in our curriculum is not really a bad idea. Aside that, there are millions of Arabic speakers around the globe that aren't even Muslims. Arabic is just another language, and is not necessarily an Islamic identity. Many Muslims don't even understand standard Arabic, aside the basic ones they used while praying. Bringing these kind of issues up at this period of our national life, is just intended to heat up the already heated polity and further divide us. It's just a pity that many Youths are blind to this and are swallowing the sentiments hook, line and sinker.

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 21, 2017
DVC1:
But what has the Arabic got to do with Nigeria's education system? Has Arabic also been declared as official language? Excluding Islamic studies and introducing Arabic makes no different, I hope you will be ready to introduce Latin also. Don't pretend you don't know where this is heading to

Indomie generation Arabic was not introduced now it is there since time memorial in the curriculum.

Has French also been declared as official language ? Why don't you oppose French also?

Which Latin? It is insignificant and inconsequential.

Arabic is 3rd language in the world And second in Africa which 290 Million native speakers.

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:10am On Jun 21, 2017
DVC1:
i compulsorily studied french and christian religious studies when i was in primary sch without a grouse. u pple shud stop this pettiness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Robbin7(m): 11:14am On Jun 21, 2017
How can you merge these 4 unrelated subject into one, who taught you to think like that?
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by kpaofame: 11:16am On Jun 21, 2017
enigma2007:

In the South West, there had always been a balance. CRK people would go for their classes while IRK do the same. Classes happen at the same time and most govt schs have the teachers for both.

I schooled in Lagos though and left Sec sch scenes like 15+ years ago.

grin grin grin talking from experience of 15+ years ago...It is well ooo.. actually when/where i served 2 years ago, there were issues like students been out of class during IRS and CRK classes saying they dont offer it...

The thing is that if IRS teacher is in class all CRK students will go to the back or go outside...CRK teacher cant teach them cause there is no class for them to use and vice versa...but for some classes that have more than one arms...All offering IRS can move to one class and others move to another class and they are taught simultaneously which is the idea situation but not obtaining in the two public schools around me then...
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by enigma2007(m): 11:20am On Jun 21, 2017
kpaofame:

grin grin grin talking from experience of 15+ years ago...It is well ooo.. actually when/where i served 2 years ago, there were issues like students been out of class during IRS and CRK classes saying they dont offer it...

The thing is that if IRS teacher is in class all CRK students will go to the back or go outside...CRK teacher cant teach them cause there is no class for them to use and vice versa...but for some classes that have more than one arms...All offering IRS can move to one class and others move to another class and they are taught simultaneously which is the idea situation but not obtaining in the two public schools around me then...

Oh Ok! Its a case of not enough classroom to accommodate the students.. I went to a school with ample classrooms.. No blame me grin grin
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 21, 2017
Robbin7:
How can you merge these 4 unrelated subject into one, who taught you to think like that?

illiteracy is a disease. Go and reread the original post.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by arthurous(m): 11:25am On Jun 21, 2017
have not seen the details but in a case where you have subject combinations in the same period, everyone will attend lectures that correspond with their own religion.
Why are you saying what you have not seen the details that means you don't know what you are saying

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 21, 2017
okay.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by graphiti: 11:37am On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:
The problem is not in the merging of subjects into civil and national values. schools can determine which religion to teach in place of the other.

The problem lies with the seventh subject. Either Arabic or French. Now the question is why Arabic? Why not any other foreign language.

There are more important languages than Arabic which as far as I'm concerned is not different from Islam.

Students will be left with no option than to sturdy Arabic in place of French because of the limited number of French teachers across the country as compared to Arabic that every Muslim can teach.

The solution is, if you must bring in Arabic, then increase the number of optional languages to balance the odd. It won't be wrong bringing in Hebrew, Greek or Latin to correspond the slide.

The problems is not actually d French/Arabic option but d merging of CRS/IRS with civic!

This is where d #evil~genius is. grin

Civic as a subject is wide on its own; so when u #merge it with CRS, dt means d scheme of,work for CRS will be shrinked ultimately and eventually phased out thru d back door wink gerrit??

What does it cost us to make civic and CR's/IRS to be 2 distinct subjects as they were?? If at all a subject should be merged with civic, social studies should be d subject as there's correlation between the two instead of CR's/IRS except the person is insincere.

Moreover, Arabic has a lot of correlation with iirs. So, what stops 'them' from modifying the Arabic curriculum to contain 'bits' of IRS. So, ultimately, IRS as a subject would have, thru d back door, #ressurrected in the guise of Arabic language while CRS will he the looser at the end of d day. wink wink
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by osusuallstars: 11:43am On Jun 21, 2017
this is arrant nonsense. so the same texbook now will have a portion for IRS together with CRK. NONSENSE. BRING BACK OUR OLD SYLLABUS
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 21, 2017
How would a secondary schools pupils stayed out of lectures that isn't his/her choice without being abused by dubious teachers of the subjects?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Teacher Brutalized A 2-Year-Old Girl Because She Pooped (Disturbing Photo) / Covenant University Lecturer Signs 'jesus Is Lord' On His Test Paper / Photo: The Power Of The Mind! Weird But Interesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.