Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,647 members, 7,955,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:47 PM

Rooney Achievements ´under-appreciated´ – Crouch - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rooney Achievements ´under-appreciated´ – Crouch (416 Views)

Peter Crouch Retires At 38 / C. Ronaldo Shows Off His Trophies, Lists His Achievements And Records In 2019 / Pochettino Should Be Man United Next Manager’- Wayne Rooney Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rooney Achievements ´under-appreciated´ – Crouch by samsonslides: 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
Wayne Rooney’s long-time England attacking partner Peter Crouch feels the Manchester United striker’s achievements have been “under-appreciated”.

Since making his Premier League debut at the age of 16, Rooney has won five league titles, as well as the Champions League, the Europa League, the FA Cup and four EFL Cups.

The striker became United’s all-time record goalscorer last season with a late free-kick against Stoke City, and sits second on the list of all-time Premier League scorers, behind only Alan Shearer.

His achievements are not limited to club football, either, the 31-year-old having overtaken Bobby Charlton as England’s leading marksman in 2015.Rooney and Crouch often linked up together during the latter’s 54-cap international career and he believes the United veteran does not get the credit he deserves.

“When you look back at Wayne Rooney’s career I think maybe he’s been a bit under-appreciated,” Crouch said at the Costa Smeralda Invitational 2017.

“He’s Man United’s record goalscorer – what a club that is to be record goalscorer of – he’s England’s record goalscorer.

“Not just that, his natural ability. I remember when he burst on the scene when he was a 16, 17 year-old.

“He’s had an incredible career and is one of the best players England has ever produced. I think there will come a time when we look back and remember just how much he has done in the game.”
Read More Sport News:https://www.sportlineng.com/more-news/

(1) (Reply)

I Was Praying For Luck, Excited Abdel-aziz Reveals How She Defeated Offiong Edem / Aubameyang On Target As Dortmund Beaten By Fourth-tier Side On Bosz´s Bow / Tottenham In Last-minute Bid To Steal Iheanacho From Leicester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.