Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,387 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:07 AM

How I Was Robbed At Gun Point In Lagos Hold Up - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Robbed At Gun Point In Lagos Hold Up (515 Views)

Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / Policemen Attacked & Robbed At Checkpoints In Enugu, AK-47 Rifles Snatched / Phd Student Crushed To Death By Truck After He Was Forced At Gun Point By Bandit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Robbed At Gun Point In Lagos Hold Up by ziego(m): 7:23am On Jun 21, 2017
On Friday 16th day of June 2017
I was coming back from work.
Hold up in Lagos is a normal phenomenon everyone is used to. Unknown to me how deadly it is at night.
At exactly 8:30pm I was along Mile 2 to Iyana Iba road.
Between Baracks and Volts Agric to be precise the hold up was terrible that u can come out of ur car and walk around or pee or do some other things yet it's not moving.
I was in my car when some hooligans came at my two side front glasses with gun.
They ordered me to wind down my glasses that if I don't they will break the glasses.
I thought it was a joke being my first experience.
I rather locked my glasses. Immediately they used the head of the gun scattered my glasses at both front side.
Hit my head with gun.
Shot one on the air.
Made a way with my wallet, my 3days old Galaxy S8, my L8+ which I have used over 3months I wanted to give my nephew as I bought the Samsung Galaxy s8 and My touch light phone.
I thank God they never shot me.
While I was being robbed people were looking
Every where as if nothing is happening.
As I was bitter and heading home with broken glasses and heavy rain I realized I was not the only one robbed.
Some other private cars that overtook me had broken glasses too.
They asked me same question as was I robbed too I told them yes.
I also heard a woman and husband were hospitalized that night as those miscreants used bullet to scatter their glasses and made a way with their phones and some money.

Please I recommend the Lagos security should be strengthened at night in hold ups because people are helpless at such incident.

Glory Be to God for saving my life.

Re: How I Was Robbed At Gun Point In Lagos Hold Up by emerituzprof(m): 7:26am On Jun 21, 2017
Sorry bro
Re: How I Was Robbed At Gun Point In Lagos Hold Up by serverconnect(m): 7:27am On Jun 21, 2017
Too bad. Sorry dear.
Re: How I Was Robbed At Gun Point In Lagos Hold Up by BrightEye(m): 7:30am On Jun 21, 2017
That's why I don't operate my phone when at the window side of a danfo bus. Those guys can wound you severely just to collect it.
Re: How I Was Robbed At Gun Point In Lagos Hold Up by ziego(m): 7:30am On Jun 21, 2017
emerituzprof:
Sorry bro

Thanks
Re: How I Was Robbed At Gun Point In Lagos Hold Up by jay2pee(m): 7:31am On Jun 21, 2017
BrightEye:
That's why I don't operate my phone when at the window side of a danfo bus. Those guys can wound you severely just to collect it.

No just try am for my area or the phone will cease to be yours from that moment
Re: How I Was Robbed At Gun Point In Lagos Hold Up by BrightEye(m): 7:34am On Jun 21, 2017
jay2pee:

No just try am for my area or the phone will cease to be yours from that moment

lol

1 Like

Re: How I Was Robbed At Gun Point In Lagos Hold Up by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 21, 2017
That's my route too. The hold up robbery there at night is really menacing. Its not new though. Its been like that for over 10yrs although it doesn't happen every night.

Lol you're suggesting a stronger Lagos security at night. Is there any other state security than the police? At that time the police officers are at the bar getting drunk, brothels, and at turning junctions to extort their usual N100 from commercial buses. They know that's a robbers den...you can't ever find them there.

As long as that road construction is causing a traffic jam, such things would keep happening. And Lagos government is slow with the construction because they say its a federal road.

The only safety advice I can give u as a lagosian on that route is avoid late night out on that route or follow the egbeda-idimu route to iyanaiba...its safer.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Caught | Who Use Juju To Charm Children | Forced To Eat It ( Video ) / Ohanaeze questions buharis statement on Anambra massacre / Video! Witnesses Yarn About The New Kidnappers Den For Ile-zik, Mob Try Burn Sus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.