Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

What Is Life Without Purpose? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Life Without Purpose? (421 Views)

What Is Life? / Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? / Without God, Your Life Is Empty For God Is Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Life Without Purpose? by Samuelomishina(m): 8:25pm On Jun 21, 2017
What is life without purpose?
Is living just the mere inhaling of oxygen and exhaling of carbon dioxide?
Is living the filling of gap for which you were created by God?
These questions came when I stumble on this picture taken on one of the great mountains in Obafemi Awolowo University, I thought for a second, am I seeing life beyond the confinements of this university. Funny enough that thought brought another one which is, are you living that life of purpose in other words am I filling that gap I was created for. However, those questions inspired this piece.
Life is viewed on the premise of purpose, are you filling the gap you were created for by God, any creation is meant for a purpose either by God or man. God creating us is for a purpose, the idea of the wright brothers’ in creation of an aircraft is for a purpose which is inspired by God because the invention actually came from the thought of a bird flying in air which is also God’s creation. The purpose of an aircraft is to fly in the air and not move on water that why if an airplane is flying in the sky it looks pleasant and beautiful to the eye because it is fulfilling its purpose but you just can’t imagine an aircraft moving on water, it just abuse of purpose in other words anything created for a purpose and is thus fulfilling that purpose automatically looks beautiful, so when you are living your life filling that gap you were created for, your life looks beautiful.
This piece is just to charge every individual out there especially to young folks aspiring to be admitted into college and those already in higher institution across the world that is in their penultimate year or final year. My colleagues were once discussing about final year brethren and were saying a lot and I went into my own thought and from my own perspective and experience so far I see that as a final year brethren you need to see life beyond the four walls of this confinement you find yourself. It is not until you get out of your confinement, don’t wait till you get out of the university, or you are done with your youth service(NIGERIA) or until you get to the cross road before you start trying to fill that gap you were created for.
There is this other aspect of life outside college walls aside academic success, your kind of financial success, marriage success, career success, family success, parenting success start now, you should prepare for leadership, professionalism, parenthood and accept responsibility among others. Great men of valor and virtuous women were able to break boundaries by discovery of their purpose. One of the greatest ways to discover purpose is to identify your passion, when you begin to solve problems and you fill the gap that were open, automatically you become valuable. You only become valuable when you live the life of purpose you were created for by God. Don’t get me wrong young folks, academic is a priority, that why you are in school but still its application determines how far you go in life, so practice personal development, get certification, acquire skills, volunteer for jobs etc. all these helps to increase your value and acquire the skills of multi taking early enough in life.
Now, a lot of youth in colleges don’t get theirselves equipped thereby getting carried away by what they see around campus and by the time they get out there it becomes a different field of play simply maybe because they didn’t discover purpose early, or they didn’t view life beyond the college walls and probably some discovered but got distracted along the way. Just like one of my mentor ‘Akinropo Akinola’ will say ON PARENTING, “parenting is not a skill you learn on the day you get married or start having children, rather they are skills you should have learnt, developed, and cultivated when you were single i.e. in your youthful age ” when you start cultivating the skill of parenting on the day you got married or give birth, it gives more stress but when you cultivated the skills when you are young it will be so easy because there is a lot of preparedness and there is a saying that success in a thing that is guaranteed when preparation meets opportunity i.e. opportunity to parent.
The bottom line is, life is going to be harsh at times and we are to get prepared for it, life is beyond the breathing in and breathing out thing, getting to know the purpose you were created and having that conviction knowing that gap to fill is the secret to easy life. The only way to that secret “PURPOSE” is God because he created you himself and knows you than you know yourself. So seek him (According to Matthew 6:33 seek ye therefore the kingdom of god and his righteousness and these things shall be added unto you.) not only seek him but also early enough (according to Ecclesiastes 12:1 remember now thy creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor year draw nigh, when thou shalt say I have no pleasure in them.
No wonder, the aircraft find it easy to fly in the sky because its filling the gap it was created for, even the fish swims perfectly well because it is created for that purpose and when it jumps in and out of the water it gives such a robust feeling and experience, more so the fish live well in water because that is the suitable environment God has created for its purpose. So if you are created in any part of the world it is not a mistake, you were in that environment for a purpose, go ahead and discover that purpose in God and start living life you were created for.

Meet Samuel Omishina who is currently a 400 level undergraduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, Department of Urban and Regional Planning who professionally has keen interest in city architecture and a social motivator who is passionate about the moral growth and development of young individuals especially adolescent.
For more info, email: samuelomishina@gmail.com
Stay blessed as I come your way with the next theme -University campus; An avenue to build Great social capital

(1) (Reply)

A Comprehensive Perspective of who the Devil is - A Biblical Dialysis / Youssef Absi Elected Patriarch Of Melkite Greek Catholic Church / See What This Young Man Brought To Prophet T.b Joshua's Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.