Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

The 'selfless act' challenge - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The 'selfless act' challenge (396 Views)

Fast Food Employee's "Beautiful" Act Of Kindness Goes Viral (Photos, Video) / You Will Benefit From Opening This. Act Now! / Workers Accuse American Oil Firm Of Violating Local Content Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 'selfless act' challenge by daewoorazer(m): 11:53pm On Jun 21, 2017
Good evening all, it's daewoorazer again

A popular adage in Yoruba says 'mo n wa nkan, kii jeki eeyan o RI' meaning- I am looking for something doesn't make you find what you are looking for.

Yoruba believes 'I need Biro' is better than 'I need something'

Well, that's by the way. The essence of this thread is to create a mutual market. Yes market, just that it's gonna be a FREE market. If you think you can't do things for free for fellow citizens, kindly stay off this thread!

My inspiration:

I am an environmental scientist but as y'all know, d country is in a greater mess than I am in. obviously, job is a scarce commodity. As a zanga man who is never lazy, since I picked up some IT skills as an undergraduate, upon completion of youth service, after scouting for jobs with none forthcoming, I braved up as a man and invested in one of my skills - graphics, design and printing.

While I digress a bit to let you know I was nominated for a scholarship which was later hijacked by the politicians, needful to say I was invited to the embassy and because I had the highest score as far as applicants in this country are concerned. The visa officer already told me to start making plans for travelling and all but that was the end. I still have papers to back this up ..to the thomases... grin

While I still beat further around the bush, I made it to the last stage of a major oil company recruitment process, you know the stage when you'd only be called for a chit chat, yes I made it to that stage but I noticed most of the guys who made it to the stage with me are familiar with big guns in that facility where the recruitment process took place, well you can guess the end

Back on track, I didn't digress to make myself look good, I only did that to let you know that sometimes it's not about how good you are. I believe there are millions of people on this forum who need one help or the other and I believe there are also people Who can help with that thing at the tap of their fingers. Yes, I mean the help that's about taking your life is at the tip of some people's hands...

How do I know?
I was at my press someday and guessed who passed by? A corper obviously crying and talking to himself. Wow, I was like nigga, you a man and don't need this, what could be your plight?

He took his time and explained all but the crux of d matter is he needs redeployment back to Ibadan as failure to do so means death for his ailing mum. Well, mesef na street and knows no one, even I served in Nasarawa. Meanwhile, I collected his mobile and he left. Later that night I remembered I met someone during youth service who is now a LGI. I put a call through and the rest was success. I am happy I made a family happy, what a fulfillment for me.

this is not a thread to ask, it's a thread to pin point what ever service you can render for free and name the number of slots available. Whatever you can't do, please don't mention and don't be gender biased.

At least our politicians can't help us, even this immigration recruitment process, I heard the king and lawmakers in my state Don pieces d slots. It's high time we helped each other without the feeling of getting something back.

As I lead by example, the first two pms will receive

1. Free branding of their SME
2. 500 fliers
3. 100 business cards
Only smes ooooo

selection will be based on proximity to my state and timestamp.

and for lalasticlala, If you have a snake you ain't using atm, please loan him grin

now what can you do for at least a Nigerian?

(1) (Reply)

Basic Entrepreneurial Skills E-manual / Africa Development Bank DG Dies After Collapsing In Office / How Can I Get Placement For SIWES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.