Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:38 PM

Naija Magazine Online Publisher, Chukwuemeka Shares His Views On Gender Issues - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Naija Magazine Online Publisher, Chukwuemeka Shares His Views On Gender Issues (268 Views)

Ifu Ennada Stuns On Cover Of Shop In Naija Magazine Nov 2019-Jan 2020 Edition / Fast-rising Nollywood Diva Chyleona Covers Shop In Naija Magazine! / Fan Criticises The Outfit Of Umu Obiligbo, See His Views Here................... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naija Magazine Online Publisher, Chukwuemeka Shares His Views On Gender Issues by NaijaMagazineO: 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
NAIJA Magazine Publisher, Chukwuemeka Okereafor, spoke with Gender Hub, and shared his perspectives on this burning issue.

What would a gender equitable society look like to you?

A society where no one is judged based on his or her gender. A society where merit and excellence and ability to perform are the parameters for judgment, not where you come from, or one’s biological makeup. My argument is simple: Provide equal or fair playing ground. Let me not even use the word equal but at least fair playing ground for whether man or woman, basically. Because of the way women have been cheated over the years, I also support affirmative action. I just believe that people should be given their rights. Don’t discriminate because they’re [a] woman [or a] man, that’s not fair.

READ ALSO: Abuja Based Blogs To Watch Out For Part 1 (Read story at http://www.naijamagazineonline.com/2017/03/abuja-based-blogs-to-watch-out-for-part.html)

You have opinions of why society should be more gender equitable. Have you shared your knowledge and opinions and have you faced any challenges in doing so?

Sometimes, I get opportunities to train journalists. I’m also a public speaker. I give classical examples. It has been proven that societies that are more gender equitable, seem to progress more. Check Sweden, Finland, the Scandinavian countries; Europe; U.S. Countries that have that level playing field, that encourage women, let’s even be more direct about it, such countries have been shown to do better in every area. The quality of life in these countries, national development, their GDPs, you name it. If that alone is even the example that we have, that’s enough to give opportunities to women. Countries that are accepting of and sensitive to all genders do well. (Gender Hub)

Follow this link for more of the interview. http://www.genderhub.org/be-inspired/interviews/interview-chukwuemeka-okereafor/

For more, please visit Naija Magazine Online www.naijamagazineonline.com

(1) (Reply)

About www.codedsoundz.com / Goat Milk Best For Healthy Growth Than Cow Milk / Rosy Meurer’s New Boyfriend Is A Ghanaian Actor, And He Has A Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.