Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

‘american Trip’ Ends 10-day-old Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ‘american Trip’ Ends 10-day-old Marriage (683 Views)

Pastor, 70, Seeks Dissolution Of 41-year-old Marriage Over Sex Starvation / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘american Trip’ Ends 10-day-old Marriage by july123(m): 2:55pm On Jan 26, 2010
IT was like a scene out of a Yoruba movie, when an anguished  Abiola Titilola Sanusi told  an Ikeja high court   how she was allegedly abandoned by her husband, Oludamilola Olusanya Sanusi for the so called greener pasture abroad.     

Though, stories of this nature abound everywhere, Titilola cut a very pathetic picture in the witness box when she told the story of how her husband left her in the height of their romance.

Titilola, a business woman told Justice Elfreda William-Dawodu of the family court, Ikeja that her lovely hubby deserted her precisely 10 days after they tied the nuptial knot, denying her the enjoyment of her wedding.

So, to fill the gap left behind by her husband, the aggrieved woman approached the court for the official separation of their marriage.

Abiola had told the court that they got married at a Lagos registry on March 31, 2005 and had a church wedding, two days after, precisely on April 2, 2005.

She said  : “After the church wedding, both of us proceeded to my husband’s family house at No. 9, Abayomi Talabi Street, Ojodu, Lagos where we lived from April 2, 2005 till April 12, 2005 when my husband traveled out of the country.”

She noted, what supposed to be a thing of joy latter turned sour.

Titilola also explained to the court while being led in evidence by her counsel, Olumide Ibiwole that she last set her eyes  on her husband   on April 12, 2005.

What made  her story more sympathetic was that five years into the marriage, her  hope of meeting her husband one day, probably when he will arrive to pick her abroad and continue their love affairs    Was dashed. She   informed the court that they were communicating on phone intermittently until January 2006, when the man bluntly told her not to initiate calls to him anymore.

“We spoke  on phone sometimes, his response has always been harsh and unbecoming of the man I married. Our last contact was in January 2006 when I called him and he bluntly told me to stop calling him.”

She said that she decided   to file for divorce   when she realized that there was  no chance of them getting back together again. She maintained that there is no likelihood they could live together again as husband and wife.

Further hearing of the case was adjourned till March 9, 2010.
Re: ‘american Trip’ Ends 10-day-old Marriage by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 26, 2010
nothing new

it happens everyday

(1) (Reply)

'like Mother,like Daughter' / Why Do Mothers So Like Their First Sons & Fathers So Like Their First Daughters? / 7 Money Management Rules Every Married Woman Should Master

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.