Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Messi´s Prison Sentence Swapped For Fine - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi´s Prison Sentence Swapped For Fine (366 Views)

Jose Mourinho Accepts A 12-Month Prison Sentence For Tax Fraud / Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion / 2016 Ends With Tevez, Oscar As Highest-paid Players Ahead Of Ronaldo, Messi – (S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi´s Prison Sentence Swapped For Fine by teemight: 12:02pm On Jun 23, 2017
Spain’s public prosecutor has agreed to substitute Lionel Messi’s suspended 21-month prison sentence for tax fraud with a fine.

The Barcelona superstar was given the jail term last July after being found guilty – alongside his father Jorge – of three counts of tax fraud.

It was ruled that Messi, between 2007 and 2009, defrauded Spain of €4.1million relating to earnings from image rights.
An appeal against the sentence was rejected by the Spanish Supreme Court in May.

However, Spanish news agency EFE reports that the public prosecutor has agreed to substitute the sentence for a fine of €255,000.

During the initial trial in 2016, Messi consistently denied any involvement, insisting his focus was only ever on playing football.
Read More Sports News: https://www.sportlineng.com/2017/06/23/messis-prison-sentence-swapped-fine/

Re: Messi´s Prison Sentence Swapped For Fine by adebobconed(m): 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
Before nko
Re: Messi´s Prison Sentence Swapped For Fine by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
If I were in Messi's shoes, I would tell them I want the prison sentence afterall according to Spanish laws, a non violent offense with less than 2 years sentence will be served on probation meaning I'll never set foot in a cell throughout the sentence. It'll only be on paper grin

1 Like

Re: Messi´s Prison Sentence Swapped For Fine by Nbote(m): 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
Some of u bloggers are pathetic.. How do u ppl sit down and make up such ludicrous stories?? In Spain any non violent offence with less than 2yrs sentence is not served.. So where is d swapping coming from? All d players dat are going to fall prey to the Spanish tax laws won't spend a minute in prison. Messi's case is over since.. Ronaldo is next, followed by Mourinho , Neymar and other big foreign players in d league.. Stop posting false information

(1) (Reply)

Fifa's Ban Hammer Hits Ghana's Football Star Over Fee's Rift With Agent / Manchester United Will Not Sell Ander Herrera To Barcelona / Mcgregor Pledge To Knockout Mayweather “inside Four Rounds”....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.