Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos (49519 Views)

As A Surgeon, What Is The Most Dangerous Thing You Have Found Inside A Patient? / 3m Bottles Of Codeine-containing Syrup Consumed Daily In Kano, Jigwa / 20bn Sticks Of Cigarette Consumed In Nigeria Annually — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by ThisTrend(f): 3:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
Do you know there are dangerous drinks that exist in Lagos, Nigeria that you might be aware of and yet still take. Although it is compulsory that drinking water to satisfy thirst is part of human habit especially after a meal is consumed or eating. Some drink alcohol while others take beverages or wine.

No matter what kind of drink is taken into the body, we must be careful to know whether such is dangerous to the health. A recent research showed that drinks that are dangerous to health are consumed by Nigerians but mostly Lagosians.

Below is a list of 5 most dangerous drinks consumed in Lagos, Nigeria that are harmful to the health

1. Pure Water
You might be wondering why the most popular packaged water in Nigeria is topping the list. This is simply because it doesn’t meets all the hygienic standards for water to be considered pure. It is known to all that pure water or the Lagos sachet water sells for N10 and is the fastest selling product in Nigeria especially in Lagos and generates millions of Naira if not billions in the whole country.

What makes pure water dangerous to the health is not even the packaging per say but the places where they have been packaged. Believe you me, if you visit factories where these sachet water are packaged, you will decide never to drink such again. No wonder analyst suggest that those who drink such have greater chances to contact typhoid. Most reported cases of typhoid in Nigeria are as a result of people drinking unclean water. The government should step up its efforts to providing clean and accessible water to its citizens while checking the excesses of these factories that produce pure water in Nigeria.

2. Opa-Eyin
This is popular among Lagosians. It is made by mixing locally made gin with an unknown kind of herbs and roots. The myth among people is that it is rumored to cure diseases of different kinds. And since it has been used since time memorial, people has fallen for this dangerous drink consumed by Lagosians in Nigeria because of the unproven medicinal importance attached to it.

One may need to known that no one can tell the source of the type of local gin, and science has not yet ascertained the kind or type of roots and herbs used to prepare “opa-eyin”. Infact, medical research has proven time and time again that herbs work but when not administered at the right doze can be detrimental to those who take it.

3. Codeine
It is no surprise that codeine falls third in this list of 5 most dangerous drinks consumed in Lagos. This type of drink is popular among the youths in Lagos and it is contained in cough syrup sold in local drug stores. It comes as no surprise on why cough syrup prices on the shelves of these pharmaceutical stores has increased, well it might be connected to the high intake of codeine by the youths around. The chemical codeine is known to cause one to sleep especially when one suffers from insomnia.

4. Monkey-Tail
This is one of the most deadly drinks to take because monkey-tail is a blend of the locally made gin and Indian hemp or cannabis also known as igbo. It is shocking to see many people wasting their lives on taking this kind of drink which according to medical experts can make one get high and causes mental problems.

It also destroys the internal organs of the body.

5. Scooshes
Finally on our list of 5 most dangerous drinks consumed in Lagos, Nigeria that are harmful to the health is skooshes. This drink is made from Zobo but mixed with dangerous substances like local rum, cannabis, and codeine. Funny enough, this drink is still served at popular bars in eye catching packages at drink spot and posh bars across Lagos metropolis and also in top cities around Nigeria. With the above listed mixture, I need not write much how dangerously deadly if I may use the word on how such a concoction can be and the hazard it causes to the health.

Conclusion
Although, the Federal Government in its effort to curb the production of these dangerous drinks in Lagos has established an agencies to oversee the stop of the production of these deadly drinks like NDLEA, NAFDAC, etc. The trend has not reduced a bit especially now that the economy is not stable.

We put out this information on dangerous drinks consumed in Lagos and in Nigeria as whole to notify people on the health implications of these drinks so as to avoid them and report any one found producing them to the appropriate authorities if caught.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/06/top-5-most-dangerous-drinks-consumed-in.html?m=1

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by ThisTrend(f): 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
Scooshes...

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 23, 2017
I see
Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by obembet(f): 7:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
If I slap you now, waiting u go do??

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by Addicted2Women: 7:30pm On Jun 23, 2017

I remember back in the day when we used to go to ogbe-hausa in ichida to drink Monkey tail.

Weed soaked in ogogoro for 3 months

My small brain friend drank the Monkey tail and trekked from Anambra state to Ghana in just 8 hours

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by Omotayor123(f): 7:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nice one Op. The Opa Eyin is not hygiene at all. the sellers will just be toping the water, they don't change the herbs nor cleaning the container frequently. undecided

Thank God my favorite "Pepsi" is not on the list. grin grin tongue

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by Addicted2Women: 7:30pm On Jun 23, 2017

You forgot to mention Sapele water

A.k.a Holy water

A.k.a ogogoro

A.k.a drink and hold your chest as it passes fire down your chest

A.k.a Buhari's morning tea

11 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
I used to drink scooshes its just marijuana and spirit , no codeine in this one I drink, but like I said used to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by Rapsainot(m): 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ghhh
Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by Grendel(m): 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I'm gonna find you and send you back to the village OP

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by Chuksemi(m): 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
Op, 1 question for you.

You Don ever go burial, come ask wetin kill the person wey die, them tell you say na pure water kill am? or say na pure water overdose give am heart attack wey result to him death?

Alcohol wey over dangerous, you no put am.

Na Codeine wey de give joy and pure water wey follow for Nigerian coat of arm na im you list.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by Drienzia: 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
v
Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by melomelo: 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
Cold Sobo
Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by SaulRazor: 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
Action bitters

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by chelsea4su(f): 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ok
Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by jhydebaba(m): 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2017
Lies tongue

U dont have any proof.

Abeg, serve me codeine. I wan high.

Jedi Jedi
Alomo
Orijin
Pankere
Ori Malu
Baby Oku
Bajinotu
Calidon
Yahoo
Koboko
Olori
Dorobucci
Dorowebo
Sabina
Agbara

Make i continue

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2017
cocacola?
Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by Vanpascore(m): 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
So our pure water is no more pure? Sit down there, our intestines are used to them either they are dangerous or dangerFUL

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by Zizicardo(f): 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
obembet:
. I'll slap my own, and nothing will happen

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by ratioxyz: 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
grin
Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by rollUP(m): 7:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
Who needs drink when u can get better feeling with Mary jane. Abeg make I comot here go light one.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by dayleke: 7:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
Not good at all

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by dayleke: 7:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
The youths are dying slowly

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by emmayodata(m): 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
Op you forgot to state the real work of opa eyin

8 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by djjosh(m): 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
OGOGORO
Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by Micheezy7(m): 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
Me that love scooches shocked
Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by mamatayour(f): 7:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
All these dangerous drinks because of yeye highness undecided
Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by obontami: 7:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
Another stupid thread.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by Victornezzar: 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
Op wah about gbogbooshe
Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
obembet:

Hmmmmm see Ojukwu during war...kanu still at the gym
Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
obembet:

Hmmmmm see Ojukwu during war...kanu still at the gym

If I slap you ehn you will fly to London

ThisTrend:

Do you know there are dangerous drinks that exist in Lagos, Nigeria that you might be aware of and yet still take. Although it is compulsory that drinking water to satisfy thirst is part of human habit especially after a meal is consumed or eating. Some drink alcohol while others take beverages or wine.

No matter what kind of drink is taken into the body, we must be careful to know whether such is dangerous to the health. A recent research showed that drinks that are dangerous to health are consumed by Nigerians but mostly Lagosians.

Below is a list of 5 most dangerous drinks consumed in Lagos, Nigeria that are harmful to the health

1. Pure Water
You might be wondering why the most popular packaged water in Nigeria is topping the list. This is simply because it doesn’t meets all the hygienic standards for water to be considered pure. It is known to all that pure water or the Lagos sachet water sells for N10 and is the fastest selling product in Nigeria especially in Lagos and generates millions of Naira if not billions in the whole country.

What makes pure water dangerous to the health is not even the packaging per say but the places where they have been packaged. Believe you me, if you visit factories where these sachet water are packaged, you will decide never to drink such again. No wonder analyst suggest that those who drink such have greater chances to contact typhoid. Most reported cases of typhoid in Nigeria are as a result of people drinking unclean water. The government should step up its efforts to providing clean and accessible water to its citizens while checking the excesses of these factories that produce pure water in Nigeria.

2. Opa-Eyin
This is popular among Lagosians. It is made by mixing locally made gin with an unknown kind of herbs and roots. The myth among people is that it is rumored to cure diseases of different kinds. And since it has been used since time memorial, people has fallen for this dangerous drink consumed by Lagosians in Nigeria because of the unproven medicinal importance attached to it.

One may need to known that no one can tell the source of the type of local gin, and science has not yet ascertained the kind or type of roots and herbs used to prepare “opa-eyin”. Infact, medical research has proven time and time again that herbs work but when not administered at the right doze can be detrimental to those who take it.

3. Codeine
It is no surprise that codeine falls third in this list of 5 most dangerous drinks consumed in Lagos. This type of drink is popular among the youths in Lagos and it is contained in cough syrup sold in local drug stores. It comes as no surprise on why cough syrup prices on the shelves of these pharmaceutical stores has increased, well it might be connected to the high intake of codeine by the youths around. The chemical codeine is known to cause one to sleep especially when one suffers from insomnia.

4. Monkey-Tail
This is one of the most deadly drinks to take because monkey-tail is a blend of the locally made gin and Indian hemp or cannabis also known as igbo. It is shocking to see many people wasting their lives on taking this kind of drink which according to medical experts can make one get high and causes mental problems.

It also destroys the internal organs of the body.

5. Scooshes
Finally on our list of 5 most dangerous drinks consumed in Lagos, Nigeria that are harmful to the health is skooshes. This drink is made from Zobo but mixed with dangerous substances like local rum, cannabis, and codeine. Funny enough, this drink is still served at popular bars in eye catching packages at drink spot and posh bars across Lagos metropolis and also in top cities around Nigeria. With the above listed mixture, I need not write much how dangerously deadly if I may use the word on how such a concoction can be and the hazard it causes to the health.

Conclusion
Although, the Federal Government in its effort to curb the production of these dangerous drinks in Lagos has established an agencies to oversee the stop of the production of these deadly drinks like NDLEA, NAFDAC, etc. The trend has not reduced a bit especially now that the economy is not stable.

We put out this information on dangerous drinks consumed in Lagos and in Nigeria as whole to notify people on the health implications of these drinks so as to avoid them and report any one found producing them to the appropriate authorities if caught.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/06/top-5-most-dangerous-drinks-consumed-in.html?m=1

Re: Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos by AndriaRich(m): 7:48pm On Jun 23, 2017
About that pure water nothing can be done about it...
U expect me to buy bottle water of N100 when I can get 10 sachets nd cold ones? Never! this is naija... Na to apply economics now o... Pertaining to d rest I no sabi o...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Reasons Not To Wear A Thong / 6 Common Signs That You Are Not Eating Enough Protein (Photos) / Journalist Slumps And Dies While Dancing At School Reunion In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.