Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,252 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

How Often Do You Use BBM Now? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Often Do You Use BBM Now? (606 Views)

Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger / BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 / Bbm Launches Mobile Streaming Tv In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do You Use BBM Now? by Tstone1(m): 9:46am On Jun 24, 2017
BlackBerry Messenger, also known as BBM, is a proprietary Internet-based instant messenger and videotelephony application included on BlackBerry devices that allows messaging and voice calls between BlackBerry, iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile users. The consumer edition is currently developed by Emtek under license from BlackBerry Limited (formerly known as Research In Motion), and was first released in August 2005.[1]
I remembered when I had to sell a laptop some years back just to afford myself a blackberry phone. With latest options on social media people nowadays hardly open up the application on their device. I have some people that even had to delete it or never activate it on their device.
The question now is when last or how often do you use BBM knowing some other key benefits you can still get making it a preference over other means.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Messenger

Re: How Often Do You Use BBM Now? by torres89: 9:50am On Jun 24, 2017
bbm ain't even on my device

who pin ep
Re: How Often Do You Use BBM Now? by mrtomola(m): 10:33am On Jun 24, 2017
Deleted that sh*t on my device long ago...Whatsapp ti takeover BBM koja wo mo !
Re: How Often Do You Use BBM Now? by Friedyokes: 11:13am On Jun 24, 2017
What is bbm
Re: How Often Do You Use BBM Now? by Tstone1(m): 11:19am On Jun 24, 2017
mrtomola:
Deleted that sh*t on my device long ago...Whatsapp ti takeover BBM koja wo mo !
But don't you think there are some instances which gives BBM advantage over whatsapp?
Re: How Often Do You Use BBM Now? by mrtomola(m): 11:23am On Jun 24, 2017
Tstone1:

But don't you think there are some instances which gives BBM advantage over whatsapp?

Oh really ? Tell me more about it
Re: How Often Do You Use BBM Now? by Tstone1(m): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2017
mrtomola:

Privacy and security is more guaranteed on BBM than WhatsApp.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Use BBM Now? by Tstone1(m): 11:40am On Jun 24, 2017
mrtomola:

Privacy and security are still parts of the major advantage of BBM over WhatsApp.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Use BBM Now? by ojotobiloba1: 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
What's the essence of keeping a useless app on d phone..
Re: How Often Do You Use BBM Now? by Jason008: 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2017
Having a Blackberry Device and BBM used to be a hot thing once, but not anymore.Hardly anyone now uses it.They tried to retain their market shares desperately by making it free but Whatsapp captured the market anyway.
Re: How Often Do You Use BBM Now? by Lagusta(m): 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
well i still use BBM, only to go through the channels and also joined some mature group chats.....

not for video calls or normal chats tho, as whatsapp and imo are there for me
Re: How Often Do You Use BBM Now? by Tstone1(m): 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2017
Lagusta:
well i still use BBM, only to go through the channels and also joined some mature group chats.....

not for video calls or normal chats tho, as whatsapp and imo are there for me
Yeah..the channels are also very interesting especially when you belong to the right ones.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Use BBM Now? by ddjay: 5:41pm On Jun 24, 2017
they should look for simpler ways of looking for anf adding friends instead of a long coded pin.
Re: How Often Do You Use BBM Now? by just2endowed: 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2017
Lalasticlala come and answer this question or ask everyone

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 7 Smartphones With The Best Battery Capacity / Delete Whatsapp Messages For Everyone | How To Delete Sent Whatsapp Messages / Iphone 5 - London Used

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.