Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,076 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

The "Less" In God's Power - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The "Less" In God's Power (610 Views)

God's Power In Action / Three Powerful Ways To Tap God’s Power Through Prayer. / Little Blind Boy Healed And Receives God's Power As Benny Hinn Prayed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "Less" In God's Power by akintom(m): 3:28pm On Jun 24, 2017
song:
Jesus power, super power (2×)
Mammy water power, powerless power
Babalawo power, powerless power
Amadioha power, powerless power etc
Jesus power, super power.

If you ask a Christian, how is Yahweh (the Christian God) different in terms of "ascribed power", from the traditional gods. He will promptly tell you how Yahweh is the most powerful, and that all other gods are powerless.

When they respond like this, i then tell them of how some women, who claimed long years of barrenness, got "miracle child" from Osun Oshogbo. Just like Christians too, claimed that Yahweh gave them "miracle child". The next thing they say is, the child from Osun Oshogbo is from Satan, and that the child will do devil's works. This gist is for another day.

Watching the video of the armed robbers, that robbed at the zenith Bank in Owerri. I saw in that video, how bullets were fired at the two robbers, but none of the bullets penetrated their body. It was particularly baffling, to see the body of the car they were in, shattered by the same bullets. In fact, one of the robbers, walked out of the car majestically, without giving any attention to the rain of bullets.

I'm told that, what was responsible for that, is called "spiritual bulletproof". Some kind of magic i suppose.

Now, the Pentecostal pastors claim that there is something in the name of Yahweh and his son, that can deliver same spiritual bulletproof, whenever they are fired at. But unlike this armed robbers, who are obviously using babalawo power, which Christians call powerless power, pastors can't walk around, without maximum protection from carnal weapons of security agents.

I would have expected that the Pentecostal pastors, will want to prove the powerfulness of Yahweh, by putting to test, this Jesus power, that's so powerful, by traveling and walking around, without the arm of flesh (security agents).

What other evidence is required than this, to conclude that - Christianity is a religion of Hypocrisy, by the hypocrites and for the hypocrites.

#epihanic

3 Likes

Re: The "Less" In God's Power by respect80(m): 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2017
Continue to argue with yourself.
Are you comparing the miracles of various beliefs or what?
I don't think there's any point to argue with you if you could possibly see this piece you wrote as a reasonable fact to discredit Christianity.
Take it or leave it Christianity as a religion has done more good than harm sir.
Re: The "Less" In God's Power by Marael: 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
Magic is different from miracle do your research before looking for cheap popularity.
Re: The "Less" In God's Power by akintom(m): 5:37pm On Jun 24, 2017
Marael:
Magic is different from miracle do your research before looking for cheap popularity.
what's the difference?

1 Like

Re: The "Less" In God's Power by akintom(m): 5:38pm On Jun 24, 2017
respect80:
I don't think there's any point to argue with you if you could possibly see this piece you wrote as a reasonable fact to discredit Christianity.
Take it or leave it Christianity as a religion has done more good than harm sir.
Can you list few good that Christianity has done?
Re: The "Less" In God's Power by respect80(m): 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2017
akintom:

Of course sir but It's unlike you sir, don't leave me in doubt if you are the real akintom perhaps someone else is operating through ur NL account. I have read many of your post and I don't see you denying or playing ignorance of a common fact as this. Well, simply put, the SCIENTIFIC METHOD which gives you the consciousness to question the truthfulness of Christianity today was achieved mainly through Christianity. I know you will go ahead to mention the shortfalls of Christianity but it's benefit outweighs it's detriment by far.
Don't get it twisted grin
Re: The "Less" In God's Power by respect80(m): 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2017
akintom:

Of course sir but It's unlike you, don't leave me in doubt if you are the real akintom perhaps someone else is operating through ur NL account. I have read many of your post and I don't see you denying a common fact as this. Well, simply put, the SCIENTIFIC METHOD which gives you the consciousness to question the truthfulness of Christianity today was achieved mainly through Christianity. I know you will go ahead to mention the shortfalls of Christianity but it's benefit outweighs it's detriment by far.
Don't get it twisted grin
Re: The "Less" In God's Power by respect80(m): 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2017
Sorry for the multiple quote. That was due to the recent NL error 502
Re: The "Less" In God's Power by respect80(m): 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2017
Marael:
Yes they are different when compared under a single concept but when juxtaposed on different grounds both can equally mean - making possible, things that are not naturally possible.
Re: The "Less" In God's Power by Uyi168: 7:23am On Jun 25, 2017
respect80:
..At least u admit christianity is a religion..
Re: The "Less" In God's Power by akintom(m): 8:14am On Jun 25, 2017
Scientific method achieved through Christianity? Pls expatiate sir

respect80:

Well, simply put, the SCIENTIFIC METHOD which gives you the consciousness to question the truthfulness of Christianity today was achieved mainly through Christianity.
Re: The "Less" In God's Power by CAPSLOCKED: 9:26am On Jun 25, 2017
akintom:

Christianity is a religion of Hypocrisy, by the hypocrites and for the hypocrites.

...THAT'S SOME QUOTE OVER THERE!

1 Like

Re: The "Less" In God's Power by respect80(m): 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2017
akintom:

Scientific method achieved through Christianity? Pls expatiate sir

Your response should be such that disproves my opinion and not to make me your tutor sir.
Meanwhile, I think sir ISAAC NEWTON, GALILEO GALILEI, EVEN GREGOR MENDEL to mention but a few were all people of the Christian faith.

Or do you consider their achievements irrelevant when you ought to talk about scientific method
Re: The "Less" In God's Power by akintom(m): 10:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
respect80:

Your response should be such that disproves my opinion and not to make me your tutor sir.
Meanwhile, I think sir ISAAC NEWTON, GALILEO GALILEI, EVEN GREGOR MENDEL to mention but a few were all people of the Christian faith.

Or do you consider their achievements irrelevant when you ought to talk about scientific method
the contributions of the folks you mentioned, to science, bear no connection with Christianity.

My question to you is, how did Christianity develop science?

(1) (Reply)

Not Only Women And Children Are At Risk Of Rape! [cp, Cc, And Lrh.] / Anambra Elections: Dr Chris Okafor Under Pressure From CIA To Run / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/09/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.