Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,963 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

I Can't Solve This... HELP - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Can't Solve This... HELP (1109 Views)

I Need A Smart Programmer To Solve This Logic? / I Can't Solve This Error On My Php Page... / How Do I Solve This Problem On Html And Css? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Solve This... HELP by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
Hi tanx 4 clicking d link to this page. I just added a background image to a static html template; specifying background-attachment, position and size, but d background image is still scrollable. Tanx, waiting 4 answers.
Re: I Can't Solve This... HELP by bassdow: 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2017
itzFANE:
Hi tanx 4 clicking d link to this page. I just added a background image to a static html template; specifying background-attachment, position and size, but d background image is still scrollable. Tanx, waiting 4 answers.

Would have been better if you posted a Snippet of your code But the following should help

background-image: url("/your-background-image.jpg" );
min-height: 100%;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-position: center;
background-size: cover;
Re: I Can't Solve This... HELP by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2017
bassdow:

Would have been better if you posted a Snippet of your code But the following should help

background-image: url("/your-background-image.jpg" );
min-height: 100%;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-position: center;
background-size: cover;
Exactly like this except that i used height instead of min-height
Re: I Can't Solve This... HELP by bassdow: 7:50am On Jun 25, 2017
itzFANE:

Exactly like this except that i used height instead of min-height

In that case, we would have to see the website page to be of more help. Might be using parallax or whatever. Notr until I see the web page, i don't think I can offer much help.

Next time, always try to support your comment with necessary details such as code snippets, links, etc

PSS: Most of us don't wine nor dine on Nairaland - meaning if you don't hear from someone trying to help, try to get in touch.
I myself only come to Nairaland when less busy or to look around and I believe it's same for a lot of Folks.

Bye for now

1 Like

Re: I Can't Solve This... HELP by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2017
Ohk... don't worry I have already solved it. The image is too large so it takes time to load, Tanx 4 ur response

1 Like

Re: I Can't Solve This... HELP by bassdow: 9:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
itzFANE:
Ohk... don't worry I have already solved it. The image is too large so it takes time to load, Tanx 4 ur response

I would suggest you optimize your images so the file size is smaller.

This would reduce the file size making the website to load faster (I don't have to go boil beans while waiting for your website to load) And also help your Visitors / Users save their data.
No one wants to loose 5MB just entering your website

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Learn Software Testing Free And Get Job Opportunities(be A Tester) / Hello Programmers, Please I Need You Help With This Assignment / Introducing HR Master, (automated solution for recruitment processes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.