Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,751 members, 7,848,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 01:38 PM

Consequencies Of Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Consequencies Of Sin (264 Views)

Consequencies: Robbers Robbed An Anglican Church And Ate Holy Communion. / Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance / 4 Ways To Abandon A Life Of Sin - Kikiotolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Consequencies Of Sin by kpakpandoN(m): 6:30pm On Jun 24, 2017
Sin can bring unimaginable consequences upon the sinner. Some years ago, I visited the maximum security prison at Kirikiri, Lagos, where I met a man who had been condemned to death. For 27 years, he had waited for the day the executioner would come for his head. While we discussed, I trembled at the repercussion of sin. He said to me, “Even if I am released now, where do I start from, having wasted 27 years of my life?” Do you expect such a man to be joyful during all that period of waiting? No way! He must have been sad for 27 years! Psalm 16:4 says,
“Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.”
According to this scripture, sin and sorrow go hand in hand. If you are living in sin, you cannot be separated from sorrow. If you enjoy sinning, you will be compelled to enjoy sorrow as well. If you are always sorrowful, examine your ways: it is possible your life of sorrow is the product of a sinful life.

Similarly, sin is linked with pain, struggle and tears. Job 15:20 says
“The wicked man travaileth with pain all his days, and the number of years is hidden to the oppressor.”
This scripture simply means that if you sin and continue in it, get ready to suffer for a long time, possibly throughout life. These repercussions of sin did not just start today; they have been there from the beginning. In Genesis 3:8-19, after Adam and Eve sinned, the serpent was cursed above all other creatures and lost its legs. For the woman, the process of conception and childbirth became an issue of life and death, while the ground was cursed for man’s sake. Since then, it has been a struggle for man to enter into his harvest. Before you take out your harvest from the fields, you have to sweat, suffer, weed out what you did not sow, and so on. Are you going through a lot of struggle, pain and tears over your efforts to move to the next level? First crosscheck your life to find out if these are caused by sin. If there is sin, confess it to God, ask for forgiveness and beat a fast retreat. Follow after the path of righteousness, because righteousness will ensure sorrow stays far from your life.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: Consequencies Of Sin by elderhimself(m): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
I dont have to read all that, ...
I know to be only one consequence of sin ...DEATH

Except if you have another definition to sin

(1) (Reply)

Gabriel Afolayan, Others In Sahara Group Movie "Hanatu" / Pray In The Spirit / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.